Off Topic Messages

Riots in France

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:36 am

I just caught up with the news of the past few days. Muslim violence has erupted in France. My thoughts and prayers go out to the French. It seems this is a problem that has been festering for some time. I hope this ends peacefully, but I'm not optimistic.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:47 am

Five Thousand cars torched...nursery schools torched...disabled women doused in fuel and set ablaze aboard public transportation...rescue workers pelted with rocks while trying to carry out their duties...police attacked.

Why doesn't anyone just tell the attackers that Islam is a peaceful religion? :roll:

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:12 am

it also shows how wrong jacques chirac is. guess who terrorists just targetted--the country that doesn't do squat. chirac won't even bring in the military and didn't say anything for 5 days.

not to mention the similar riots all over western europe in holland, germany, and belgium to a lesser extent.

got a clue? :roll:

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:47 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:it also shows how wrong jacques chirac is. guess who terrorists just targetted--the country that doesn't do squat. chirac won't even bring in the military and didn't say anything for 5 days.

not to mention the similar riots all over western europe in holland, germany, and belgium to a lesser extent.

got a clue? :roll:

Get your facts right. Its not terrorists.

Re: Riots in France

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:39 am

Pete Dube wrote:Muslim violence has erupted in France.

EagleUSA wrote:Why doesn't anyone just tell the attackers that Islam is a peaceful religion? :roll:

Don't forget all the Christians that are involved in this!

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:41 am

It is an uproar of the poor and "no chance to get a job" 3rd and 4th generation of immigrants.
Unfortunately society is based upon the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. Until the poor are fed up with being so poor and start a riot. The rich never learn. This happened in France 1780's, Russia 1918, Cuba 1950's, et cetera.
Give people jobs instead of welfare.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:12 pm

terrorists are anybody who refuse to assimilate to non-terrorist behavior. so yes. they are.

and the "immigrants" rioting are mostly the 10% of france that are muslims. it's not about being poor--though france has high unemployment. the bigger problem is that they want to be separate from french law--in their own societies. they are refusing to assimilate.

for immigration to work, it has to be a melting pot, not a salad bowl. the ellis island immigrants melting potted into american culture. some of these new immigrants are making them-only areas and refusing to assimilate and call themselves americans, brits, frenchmen, etc...

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:39 pm

I canĀ“t say anything....this is something that became normal down here. :cry:

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:46 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:terrorists are anybody who refuse to assimilate to non-terrorist behavior. so yes. they are.

and the "immigrants" rioting are mostly the 10% of france that are muslims. it's not about being poor--though france has high unemployment. the bigger problem is that they want to be separate from french law--in their own societies. they are refusing to assimilate.

for immigration to work, it has to be a melting pot, not a salad bowl. the ellis island immigrants melting potted into american culture. some of these new immigrants are making them-only areas and refusing to assimilate and call themselves americans, brits, frenchmen, etc...

If we are going to follow your twisted way of thinking who is a terrorist or not, then we can only state that LA was full of terrorists back in -92 and that the citizens of New Orleans consists to a worrying degree of terrorists...

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:02 pm

This is a prime example of what happens when you have "open borders" and unlimited/unverifiably numbers of people crossing your borders.

The U.S.A. should take a good look at this situation, because if our border situation is not corrected soon, we will be facing the same thing the Fench are now.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:29 pm

"Fortress Europe" may have become a cliche. But lately, for hundreds of African migrants who charged the razor-wire border at Spain's North African enclaves of Melilla and Ceuta and clashed with Spanish authorities in their desperate bid to enter Europe, the description could not have been more apt.

On the other hand we got the riots in France showing that the integration model has failed. Attempts to integrate rapidly growing Muslim communities in other countries haven't been much more successful. Europe has so far not found a solution for the integration of a group that has a hold on the future -- at least from a demographic perspective -- but that has no idea what this future should look like.

The strict separation of church and state, a sacrosanct pillar of French government, has become an illusion. Jihad may not be what's inspiring the rioters, but Islam is undeniably an inseparable component of their self-identity. Islam strengthens their sense of solidarity, gives them the appearance of legitimacy and draws an unmistakable line between them and the others, the "French."

There are immigrant areas that are becoming increasingly shut off from the rest of society. As of now most immigrant violence happens in those parallel societies -- there are honor killings within families, fights between rival ethnic gangs and assassinations of people accused of disparaging Allah. But in France, the attacks are against the state and its institutions. And it seems as if Europe's rootless immigrants are changing life on the continent in dramatic ways, with Birmingham and the Paris suburbs providing a taste of what may well be in Europe's future.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:49 pm

http://www.weneedafence.com/

FYI... what France and now Europe is seeing may very well be the opening skirmishes in a civil war between Infidels & Muslims...between traditional Europeans and Arab-African immigrants.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:20 am

I say bring on the military and take out the Bastards permanently! It's not their native land anyway.

The Swamp Fox
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:30 am

if that insane rioting is due to "poverty"
--- then they should get off their asses and get a job!

Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:47 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:if that insane rioting is due to "poverty"

If GG goes any further to the right, he'll fall off !

It's the lack of employment opportunities which is causing most of the poverty in the first place !
Last edited by ColinB on Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:17 am

The problem is: there are no jobs!
Factories and shipyards moved to eastern Europe and China for cheap labor slaves there.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:10 pm

It's called adapting to changing times. Say what you will about the U.S., but our unemployment rate speaks for itself.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:27 pm

scotch wrote:It's called adapting to changing times. Say what you will about the U.S., but our unemployment rate speaks for itself.

Of course we also know, that in the 5% (estimated 2005) unemployment rate none of the illegal immigrants (over 9 million) are inclueded...

Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:18 pm

It's rather disingenuous to pull the widely-known undercount rate from the headlines and pretend it's real. The government publishes numerous adjusted unemployment figures that are much more accurate. I don't think the adjusted rate below includes illegal immigrants or people in prison or in welfare programs following various training requirements.

OCTOBER 2005 UNEMPLOYMENT DATA
(from U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS reports to Nov 8 )
collecting unemployment last month = 7.4 million = 5%
unemployment income has run out or found some
parttime income while still wanting fulltime work = 9.3 million = 5.8%

ADJUSTED UNEMPLOYMENT RATE = 16.7 million = 10.8%

SEPTEMBER 2005 JOBS AVAILABLE = 3.7 million

It does indeed speak for itself.....

Eileen

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:31 pm

and if the jobs don't exist?

Why are you are assuming that they are unemployed? Poverty can be caused by low pay as well.

Andrew

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:34 pm

How about assuming for just a moment that poverty in France among the immigrants is caused by too many Goddamned immigrants??!?!?!?!?

The fact is, that many of these immigrants and their offspring do not wish to assimilate into French culture. They want to remain a private group, handling their own affairs, policing themselves, and don't want interference from the established government of their new country. That's horseshite, if you ask me...and not the best way to guarantee a better life for themselves.

If living conditions are so terrible, why would people leave their homelands and go to France...or America? Why not go back if things are so much better back home? I'm sure there are many citizens who are happy to help someone pack their bags if they're dissatisfied.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:45 pm

Paris is BURNING! :shock:

I want to get my kicks before the whole sh*t house goes up in flames ~ Jim Morrison 1969

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:12 pm

Exactly - get the f*** out of France and go back to the middle east countries they came from.

Go! Go home!

Do NOT come to the USA -
that rioting breed ain't welcome

- go back to "Mecca" or whatever

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:16 pm

From a news source: The number of cars set alight across France overnight Tuesday to Wednesday fell to 617, hundreds fewer than the night before.

Wow...sounds like things are really improving!!! Only 617 cars were burned last night! Maybe tonight, the scumbags...err...I mean disenfranchised immigrant population...will only burn 517. Wouldn't that be terrific?

If these punks ever tried lighting cars in my neighborhood...I can assure you my neighbors and I would put a major hurt on them before letting the police have them.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:56 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:Do NOT come to the USA -

Better France than than the USA! Let France have them! :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan