Off Topic Messages

How to convert wmv files into vcd's

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:44 pm

Hi friends!
i have some wmv files and would like to put them on vcd so that i can watch them on tv....how can I do this??....I must convert them to mpeg??
thanks for your help,
Ale

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:52 pm

If you have Nero, I believe it will automatically do the conversion if you write a VCD.

Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:04 am

TJ wrote:If you have Nero, I believe it will automatically do the conversion if you write a VCD.

Yes it will.

Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:41 pm

thanks a lot guys !!
yes I have NERO :)
I have some wmv clips on my pc....I wonder how I'll see them once I put them on vcd???...I mean...little screen....wide screen or full screen???
Ale

Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:01 pm

If you make a VCD it will automatically be full screen on your TV.

Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:55 pm

thanks Luuk!
i wonder if I'll lose quality on the image or will show the same quality as on the windows media player??

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:05 pm

You will lose quailty because you are blowing up what was a 320 x 240 pixel screen onto a full TV screen. The better the resolution used in the wmv clip the lower the losss on screen, but you will lose a fair bit.

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:05 pm

ale wrote:thanks Luuk!
i wonder if I'll lose quality on the image or will show the same quality as on the windows media player??

I never noticed a lot of quality loss on wmv I put onto VCD.
In fact, I have copied VCD's (that did not play on my DVD-player) through the computer with Nero and the copy plays perfect on my DVD-player!

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:06 pm

Luuk, that's because you probaly sit further away from your TV screen than you do your PC monitor. The loss will be there, but becaue you sit further away you don't notice it. :wink: