CONCERT FOR BANGLADESH--DVD REVIEW

Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:49 pm

Hello all!

Last week I picked up the deluxe edition of "The Concert For Bangladesh"
and have to say that it's an incredible presentation. Comes in oversized
orange box replicating original artwork of the orignal album. Comes
with an Apple sticker, glossy postcard type photos, reproduction
of one of George's handwritten lyrics, and a very nice booklet. Just
for packaging alone it gets 5 Stars! The only version you should get if you didn't get it yet!

The film is MUCH improved. Clarity never seen, though naturally grainy from the open exposures used for the low lighting of the concert. Sound
is incredible. You can hear everything! It really is worthwhile to turn up the volume, close the windows and enjoy! The 2nd disc of bonus material is cool and a very nice addition. All in all, essential for everyone's collection and worthy of many viewings in you DVD player! For me
this is one of my favorite concert DVDs that sits right next to Elvis "That's
The Way It Is" DVD.

Regards,
Buffalo Wings
:)

Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:21 pm

This is a fantastic release. One of rock's most famous concerts finally gets a quality reissue. The CD release is also a must-have.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:20 pm

I will definately buy this dvd!

Sincerely MB280E

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:24 am

Hopefully there's a scene selection menu so I won't have to suffer through that Ravioli Chancre stuff! :twisted:

Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:44 am

Hopefully there's a scene selection menu so I won't have to suffer through that Ravioli Chancre stuff!

The Ravi Shankar 'Bangla Dhun' performance that starts off the show is pretty brilliant stuff. It may not be exciting to see, but if you sit back and listen it is pretty impressive.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:33 am

MY SWEET LORD...

Years since i saw this show.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:06 am

midnightx wrote:
Hopefully there's a scene selection menu so I won't have to suffer through that Ravioli Chancre stuff!

The Ravi Shankar 'Bangla Dhun' performance that starts off the show is pretty brilliant stuff. It may not be exciting to see, but if you sit back and listen it is pretty impressive.

Midnightx-
I've had the album for 25 years, and I've never been able to get through the Ravi Shanker side. I bought the album for the Dylan set (which is still my favorite part of the album). George Harrison's stuff is quite good of course, and Leon Russell's bit is entertaining.

But to each his own.