Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:43 pm

I HATE RAP

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:48 pm

Renan, is it safe to assume you won't be cueing up
some Rio ghetto rap today?

Rio rappers arrested for violent lyrics
By UPI
Oct 6, 2005, 19:00 GMT

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (UPI) -- Brazilian police have arrested 13 hard-core rap musicians from Rio de Janeiro`s slums for their violent lyrics.

The rappers -- all young, black and unemployed -- perform Carioca funk, a popular and aggressive form of hip hop, the Telegraph reported Thursday.

The film \'City of God\' included examples of the genre, which contains explicit sexual lyrics as well as descriptions of shocking violence, the newspaper said.

Several of the young men now facing six months in prison say their music does not glorify violence, but instead explains violence and what life is like in Rio`s notorious gang-ridden slums, called favelas.

\'The police don`t know what happens in the favelas because they never go in,\' one arrested rapper told the Telegraph. \'I am not a criminal.\'

No need to send me a CD-R of it, Renan. But thanks
for thinking of me. :lol:

Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:54 pm

Steve_M, Relax I'm just kidding you.

Yes there are those that prefer other composers to Beethoven but I have found over the years Beethoven is highly favoured by a great many musicologists.

As for our children, it's our duty to introduce them to the best of our culture. In music, art, literature etc. They will choose their own favourites which of course change as they grow.

Our son and daughter started piano lessons together when they were about ten and nine years old respectfully.

Our daughter took to the instrument with great devotion. Our son struggled. We asked him what he would like to play. Violin! he said, and that was that. He took to the violin, viola, and later guitars.
No duress was required, they both love music.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:22 pm

I'd venture to say that Classical music should be spoon fed
to kids (if at all) because, after all, "it's good for you."

But I'd say do a more low-impact thing with Elvis. Make it part of
their growing up and part of their overall tastes.

A teenage backlash otherwise could happen.

Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:51 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Renan, is it safe to assume you won't be cueing up
some Rio ghetto rap today?

Rio rappers arrested for violent lyrics
By UPI
Oct 6, 2005, 19:00 GMT

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (UPI) -- Brazilian police have arrested 13 hard-core rap musicians from Rio de Janeiro`s slums for their violent lyrics.

The rappers -- all young, black and unemployed -- perform Carioca funk, a popular and aggressive form of hip hop, the Telegraph reported Thursday.

The film \'City of God\' included examples of the genre, which contains explicit sexual lyrics as well as descriptions of shocking violence, the newspaper said.

Several of the young men now facing six months in prison say their music does not glorify violence, but instead explains violence and what life is like in Rio`s notorious gang-ridden slums, called favelas.

\'The police don`t know what happens in the favelas because they never go in,\' one arrested rapper told the Telegraph. \'I am not a criminal.\'

No need to send me a CD-R of it, Renan. But thanks
for thinking of me. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Actually this is what is going to happen to Mr. George Bush today LOL
He is here today and the police found three bombs to explode!! :shock:

Brazil is a paradise but too dangerous.