Off Topic Messages

Lap Dunce Owes $241G for Strippers

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:48 pm

http://nydailynews.com/10-22-2005/front ... 5140c.html
Goin' bust for lust , New York Daily News
By HELEN PETERSON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, October 21st, 2005

A married business executive who dropped $241,000 during one wild night at Scores was an insatiable customer who hired a virtual harem of lap dancers, a strip club source told the Daily News yesterday. :shock:

Robert McCormick, 40, an Internet company CEO and Midwestern father of three girls, took over the exclusive President's Club when he showed up with some cronies the night of Oct. 22, 2003, the source said.
Rob McCormick allegedly had insatiable need for beauties at Scores.

In the mirrored room, popular with high rollers and celebrities, the stripper enthusiast demanded 10 dancers lavish him with attention at the eye-popping cost of $4,000 an hour.

When their time was up, McCormick insisted club managers bring more girls - and keep them coming.

"I need 10 more," he would say after the hour's entertainment was over, waving his arms like he was motioning a jumbo jet in for a landing, according to the source.

"This went on for numerous hours," the insider said.

By the time McCormick left the East Side flesh emporium, he had run up a tab of nearly a quarter-million dollars on his no-limit corporate American Express card, Scores said.

McCormick and his company, St. Louis-based Savvis Communications, are now being sued by Amex because they refused to pay the bill - claiming the CEO was booby-trapped with overcharges.

Scores said yesterday it has documents to prove that McCormick authorized the charges and knew exactly what he was doing.

"We have signed waivers," said club spokesman Lonnie Hanover, who read the forms to The News, but declined to turn over copies with the signature.

The waiver reads: "I am at Scores of my own free will. At the time of this transaction I am not drunk nor in any way impaired. I have not been coerced nor am I currently under any duress. I agree to pay any and all charges I have incurred as a result of my purchase of diamond dollars and/or food or beverages."

Hanover also said that once a customer charges $10,000, his right index finger is fingerprinted and hourly calls are made to the credit card company for authorization.

Scores is under investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney's office, which is probing allegations the club pads its bills.

The night after McCormick's visit, a Bangladeshi businessman was billed for $129,626 at Scores - also running up his tab in the President's Club.

The businessman, Tauhidul Chaudhury, has sued Scores; the suit is unresolved.

In the McCormick case, American Express also has named the club in the suit it filed this week, saying it should repay the $241,000 if it turns out the charges are fake.

Hanover said the club may sue Amex for damaging its reputation.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:56 pm

LOL - He claimed it was....wait for it...."booby trapped with over charges" - do people realise some of the things they say.

You know what I'd call the above ? Well worth every penny - now bring me 10 more fillies....

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:11 am

the CEO was booby-trapped with overcharges.

yeah...I caught that one, too....classic. :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:58 am

Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:57 am

>>The waiver reads: "I am at Scores of my own free will. At the time of this transaction I am not drunk nor in any way impaired. I have not been coerced nor am I currently under any duress. I agree to pay any and all charges I have incurred as a result of my purchase of diamond dollars and/or food or beverages."

I wonder how the court views such a waiver when it's stapled to a $137,000 booze tab.

Eileen

Re: Lap Dunce Owes $241G for Strippers

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:53 am

When their time was up, McCormick insisted club managers bring more girls - and keep them coming.
"I need 10 more," he would say after the hour's entertainment was over, waving his arms like he was motioning a jumbo jet in for a landing, according to the source.

That reminds me of this one time when I visited this club right across the river from Cincinnati. I just wanted a drink and to check on the baseball scores. I wasn't paying any attention at all to the beautiful, voluptuous, firm, hardbodied young women that were dancing on the stage. Without even asking, this very attractive topless dancer (I'm guessing she was about 25) grabbed my hand and took me into this dimly lit room. She said "this one is on me" as she started to........

Well, never mind. It would probably get deleted.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:13 pm

Thanks for the responses, y'all!

Here's yesterday's follow-up, plus MSNBC's take.
This one guy is going to ruin it
for the rest of us, I mean, for those "CEO"s Gone Wild." :oops:

]Why the mix of deals and high heels?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9813532/

'Lap Dunce' may pay with his job (NY Daily News)

A married executive dubbed the "Lap Dunce" was temporarily stripped of his job yesterday after his company began investigating a $241,000 tab he allegedly racked up at Scores.
Robert McCormick, 40, was placed on unpaid leave as Savvis Communications Corp. probed his eye-popping American Express bill from a wild night two years ago at the East Side pleasure palace.

McCormick, the chief executive officer of the St. Louis, Mo.-based Internet service provider, was immediately sent home until the company's audit committee completes its investigation.

"I am confident that the audit committee will conduct a fair, prompt and thorough investigation that protects the interests of Savvis, its investors, customers and employees," said Jack Finlayson, the company's president and chief operating officer.

Finlayson, who was appointed the company's acting CEO, added, "We will not allow these internal matters to affect our ability to deliver superior services."

Savvis' stock dropped 6.25% yesterday to 60 cents a share.

McCormick, a married father of three daughters who earns $600,000 a year, could not be reached for comment last night.

The mogul's pricey shenanigans at Scores were exposed in a lawsuit American Express brought against Savvis after McCormick refused to pay his bill on his corporate credit card.

McCormick, whose photo appeared on the front page of the Daily News next to the headline "Lap Dunce," insisted he and three business acquaintances spent a mere $20,000 at Scores on Oct. 22, 2003.

But the strip club's officials said he grossly miscalculated.

AmEx claimed in a lawsuit that it has documents signed by McCormick indicating the titillating tab was legitimate.

McCormick allegedly took over Scores' mirror-lined President's Club and ordered 10 exotic dancers at a time to lavish him with attention for $4,000 an hour, a club source said.

When the hour was up, McCormick demanded, "I need 10 more," the source said.

Savvis officials insisted yesterday that McCormick never submitted the club charges to the company for reimbursement.

Originally published on October 25, 2005
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Lap Dunce Owes $241G for Strippers

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:44 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Image

Geez, and he looks so normal.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:46 am

Khoots, he should have claimed that someone at the strip club hypnotised him into spending that kind of dosh I think