Star Wars-Episode III-Revenge of the Sith
The War of the Worlds (1953) - Special Collector's Edition

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:51 pm

Homicide: Life On The Streets - The Complete Seasons 1 & 2

Keith Richarsd, Jr.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:23 pm

Sin City

Next week Star Wars III YEA!!

Hey Tom is there a website or anything that tells what all is on the 3 discs of Wizard of Oz so I could check it out? I know they also released a 2 disc version this week, curious as to what the differance is in the 2 sets and what is included on all this so they would have to put it on so many discs! Thanks.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:25 pm

Tom are you buying all these DVDs or these are theones are going to be released?

Revenge of the Sith at Sam's Club!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:33 pm

When I got to Sam's this morning, they already had their copies of Revenge of the Sith out. Well, of course I picked up 20 copies, but they wouldn't sell them to me as they weren't entered in the computers yet. My plan was to list them on a 3-day auction on eBay. A friend of mine did that with several copies of the Indiana Jones box set he got a week before it was released and made a killing. One guy paid him just under $400 just so he would have it before his brother did. When I was leaving, they were packing the Sith DVD's up. So close and yet so far.

Tom

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:41 pm

JEFF d wrote:Hey Tom is there a website or anything that tells what all is on the 3 discs of Wizard of Oz so I could check it out?

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum ... did=244274

I originally bought the 2-disc version because Sam's didn't have the 3-disc set. Target had it though, so I bought it there and will sell the 2-disc on eBay. If you're not into silent movies or L. Frank Baum, go with the 2-disc set.

Francesc wrote:Tom are you buying all these DVDs or these are theones are going to be released?

I bought all of the ones listed in the top part. Sith and War of the Worlds street next week.

Tom

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:49 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
JEFF d wrote:Hey Tom is there a website or anything that tells what all is on the 3 discs of Wizard of Oz so I could check it out?

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum ... did=244274

I originally bought the 2-disc version because Sam's didn't have the 3-disc set. Target had it though, so I bought it there and will sell the 2-disc on eBay. If you're not into silent movies or L. Frank Baum, go with the 2-disc set.

Tom

Very cool Tom.... actually I think I will get the 3 disc set! I would love to see those older films as well, I've always been curious about them.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:59 pm

Jeff,
You won't be disappointed, despite the considerably higher price. I can't believe more stores aren't carrying the 3-disc set. Neither Sam's nor Wally-Mart had it. Target, Best Buy and Cirum Cision have it, though.

Tom

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:57 am

Wizard Of Oz 3 disc set
Tom & Jerry Vol. 2
Looney Tunes Vol. 3
Looney Tunes Movie Collection

jeff R

Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:27 pm

Atta boy, Jeffrey!!!
Great minds......

Tom

Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:57 am

I forgot to mention that I also picked up the 10 disc collection of Jerry Lewis films. I don't know exactly why because I'm not a big Lewis fan and I already had his best "Nutty Professor". I guess I wanted to give them another try and they do have lots of bonus material. At $49 for 10 films, how could I say no?

jeff R

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:29 am

jeffreyjames wrote:I forgot to mention that I also picked up the 10 disc collection of Jerry Lewis films. I don't know exactly why because I'm not a big Lewis fan and I already had his best "Nutty Professor". I guess I wanted to give them another try and they do have lots of bonus material. At $49 for 10 films, how could I say no?

jeff R

10 Jerry films for $49 :?:

damn, unbelievably cheap and definetely worth it... :lol:

I haven't seen this set in stores yet, if u could, would u please list the titles in this collection :?:

Thanks...

Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:39 pm

The Errand Boy
The Nutty Professor
The Delicate Delinquent
The Bellboy
Cinderfella
The Ladies Man
The Patsy
The Disorderly Orderly
The Family Jewels
The Stooge

All films are widescreen except The Stooge. There are a few bonuses on each disc except The Nutty Professor which has many bonus materials. Also, there is audio commentary on 7 of the films by Jerry Lewis & Steve Lawrence.
I bought mine pre-ordered from Amazon.com. The price might be a little higher now but would still be very cheap.

jeff R

Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:50 pm

Just read where Warner is coming out with a dvd from the hit tv show Alice.

The only downer is that it's gonna be one of those "best of" dvd's and not an entire season. Nevertheless, a great show and should be a fine dvd! :D

Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:34 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:The Errand Boy
The Nutty Professor
The Delicate Delinquent
The Bellboy
Cinderfella
The Ladies Man
The Patsy
The Disorderly Orderly
The Family Jewels
The Stooge

All films are widescreen except The Stooge. There are a few bonuses on each disc except The Nutty Professor which has many bonus materials. Also, there is audio commentary on 7 of the films by Jerry Lewis & Steve Lawrence.
I bought mine pre-ordered from Amazon.com. The price might be a little higher now but would still be very cheap.

jeff R

Thank You jeff...

sounds great :!:

Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:35 pm

Hey Tom, The Complete Rocky Anthology :?:

you mean, ROCKY, Rocky :?:

Again :?:

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:01 am

The Magnificent 7

I read that The Rockford Files is coming out soon.
Also,The Time Tunnel and The Magnificent 7 tv show.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:51 am

So many tv shows coming out and still no Spin City or Family Ties. I really like Michael J Fox's tv work and it's about time both were on DVD.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:21 am

Where is the classic "The Fugutive" from the 60's? Now there is a show that should be on DVD.

jeff R

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:07 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:Where is the classic "The Fugutive" from the 60's? Now there is a show that should be on DVD.

Jeffrey,
There was a strong rumor from Paramount in January 2004 that The Fugitive was being prepared for release on DVD. Unfortunately, nothing materialized and no more has been heard since then. That being said, I heard that The Fugitive was next on the production list after Mission:Impossible, which will street in May to coincide with the latest feature film. You get all that??

TJ wrote:So many tv shows coming out and still no Spin City or Family Ties. I really like Michael J Fox's tv work and it's about time both were on DVD.

Actually, way back in 2004, Paramount announced that Family Ties-Season One would be released in early 2005 (which obviously didn't happen). Word now is that it will street first quarter 2006. We'll see.

Sales for Spin City: Michael J. Fox - His All-Time Favorites Volume 1 and Volume 2 , were nowhere near what DreamWorks thought they would be, so season sets are much less likely. Once again, we'll see.

Tom