Off Topic Messages

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:36 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:This looks like a thread that would be a lot more efficiently and discreetly handled in PMs.

As far as most of us are concerned, you're both the tops. Why jeopardize that?....

And something about discussing it "in public" makes the worst come
out in people, so please, guys, take it to PM-land. I don't know who's
turn it is, but I think Steve said he tried that so....Fransesc...?

I bet a resolution comes faster that way. :D

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:02 pm

Francesc wrote:
Steve_M wrote:Well I was merely saying how it came about. It was either your fault for not backing up the data or it was someone elses.

Well ? Who was it ? You or someone else ?

It was my fault that I didnt back up the data. That doesn't give you reason to copy and move everything to your server.

I didn't. It was already there from when I built it for you in the first place.

We started my database of info from scratch. It was a new table with no info in it. I believe we used your site for the states and crosss referenced the towns and cities with yours and another site and entered them in afresh. Yes, if you had wrong info and we used that as being a correct source then obviously it's still going to be wrong on my data.

The pictures are all from your site, I've never said otherwise, with the exception of a few I'd added but near enough all of them are from you.

You demand (not even ask nicely - try it next time you want something off someone) that I delete the pics.

Well I think that it would be reasonable for me to do so, so I'm going to consider that.
Of course you will be deleting all the php coding that I wrote in return won't you ?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:06 pm

See that not the point because I had your permission for everything that I have. That's the difference that you dont get. anyway case closed. Keep the pictures if you want.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:13 pm

You did not have my permission to delete the data files I created.

I trusted you to look after it, you broke that trust.

What on earth form did I give such permission in and what circumstances or where did I say it was okay to just toss my work aside as if it was some unwanted dog mess on the bottom of your shoe ?

I really don't think you've yet realised just what it was you did to me.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:21 pm

I didnt delete the database in purpose ! So how in the heck I would have permission not for that . :roll:

I think now that you still feel that I did it in purpose.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:33 pm

No but you chose of your own free will to not bother to make a back up. You knew when you were delteing things in your database that you hadn't backed up any of it.

You knew that and still you went ahead - deliberately! No one forced you to not make a back up, you could have done so more often than not I'm sure.

Like I said, you goofed. It ain't a big deal really, I goof things up every day - but the difference is that I accept the consequencs of my mistakes and I don't ask others to pay for what I do wrong. Just accept that you goofed and that what we now have is the consequences of your mistake.

I wasn't the one coming on hear and starting a thread to say so, you kinda bought that on your self as well.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:39 pm

It is clear that I goofed. Actually the program that my internet provider has is the one that goofed.

To get it clear, the consequences that I have to accept that you got the database to your server?

This is going around and around. At least Im happy to prove that you just plain copy the dataase, change some things around and that was it.

Thank you !!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:47 pm

I can assure you it wouldn't take 6 months to do that!

I wrote your one in 4 months.

I think thats weak of you to blame your provider for you not backing your database up.

Yes, those are the consequences because if you hadn't done what you did we wouldn't have had this problem, or rather you do as I never did come here and start a thread up about it.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:27 am

I'm glad that those are the only consequences. Now I can move on. Enjoy the copy and paste. By the way take the dot at the end of the concert held in ames, IA. or it wont show up in your database, the original like Ciscoking claims.

bye bye!

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:31 am

Change the Johhny in Johhny B Goode to Johnny otherwise it won't show in yours - told you we did it from scratch.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:35 am

Lol that doesnt mean you did it from scratch. That means that you fixed my errors but not all. Change CO. for CO !

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:38 am

Well if we just used everything already there we would have had all the same errors not just where we used your site as the source.

If you are referring to the drop down menu then i don't think I changed that at all. That is the same as you have for the states because it was part of the coding I wrote.

The data I said we did from scratch was what is held in the database tables and did not refer to any of the php files I wrote.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:13 am

No Im not referring to the PHP but to the data ...