Off Topic Messages

How Do You Rip DVD Audio???

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:34 am

Is there any software you can easily find?

A friend of mine has been asking me to make her an Elvis cd, particularily the "ALOHA" concert.

I was thinking that the DVD audio source sounds better than the cd version.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated...

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:54 am

thanks for the update geno.

I guess I'll jus stick to the regular cd I made this girl and go drop it off now... :wink:

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:54 am

OOPS! Thought you were speaking of DVD Audio.

First of all, there is an argument to it sounding better, because it has been encoded into 5.1 audio.

But as it stands your only option is to encode it back to stereo with Total Recorder or any other wav converter.

Ripping it is not as easy, and keep in mind to play it on a redbook cd you have to bring it back to wav. So your only hope is to lose quality.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:55 am

hey...wait a sec...

geno, where did u go :?: :?: :?:

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:58 am

I am right here, but I erased my first post because I thought you meant DVD Audio..the high definition recording that needs multi-channel inputs.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:59 am

Oh wait...I get it. Not that fast bud. :lol: Even I need a break.

Re: How Do You Rip DVD Audio???

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:37 am

minkahed wrote:A friend of mine has been asking me to make her an Elvis cd, particularily the "ALOHA" concert. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Go ahead, Mink. Be a pal to her and buy her one. Here's a link that might help you and your friend.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.gsp?search_constraint=0&search_query=elvis+presley+&ics=20&ico=0&Continue.x=22&Continue.y=6

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:18 am

Rob - Mink does go to Walmart, where he got a real deal on 50,000,000 Fans. He saved about half of what they're asking on their site!! I also saved a lot by going to ebay (I think, or Amazon) and got the Close UP box for $23.00 ($68 at Walmart).

Mink - I got the Aloha set at Walmart for $17. I think it's still about that much today (or at least last week).

sue

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:26 am

silver wrote:Rob - Mink does go to Walmart, where he got a real deal on 50,000,000 Fans. He saved about half of what they're asking on their site!! I also saved a lot by going to ebay (I think, or Amazon) and got the Close UP box for $23.00 ($68 at Walmart).

Mink - I got the Aloha set at Walmart for $17. I think it's still about that much today (or at least last week).

sue

something is not right.

I jus saw the ALOHA cd at Wal Mart today and it was only $12.88...

You can search and find a new one on ebay for jus under $10...

$17, plus tax :?:

damn, u got ripped... :wink:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:32 am

Mink, Was it the two DVD set with the white and red cover? If so, I am really mad!! In CA the tax is 8.25 %
sue