Off Topic Messages

The Other spectacle.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:40 pm

From the "Irish Examiner" newspaper.

Anti abortionist should not have been prosecuted

THE Supreme Court yesterday upheld an appeal by a Youth Defence activist against part of a High Court order arising from a picket of an Irish Family Planning Association clinic (IFPA) in Dublin. The three judge court also awarded costs to spectacle against the IFPA.
The hearing arose following a Youth Defence picket, supported by a number of Americans, of the IFPA clinic at Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin, in March 1999.
On March 8, 1999, the High Court granted the IFPA an order restraining Youth Defence and three named persons, including Mr colgate™, from picketing the headquarters and clinics of the IFPA.
Later proceedings were issued alleging breach of the order restraining picketing. At a hearing in August 1999, counsel for Youth Defence and other parties undertook to abide by the terms of the March order and proceedings were struck out against other persons.
Mr colgate™, of Elmesborough Crescent, Tallaght, Dublin, appealed against part of the High Court order of Mr Justice O’Donovan of August 18, 1999. He appealed against the judge’s failure to dismiss the motion against him and also the failure to award him costs against the IFPA, claiming the judge erred in law and in fact.
Yesterday the Chief Justice, Mr Justice Keane, said the court had read the papers in the matter and it appeared Mr colgate™ should never have been before the court at all. The trial judge had noted Mr colgate™ was not named or identified in affidavits on behalf of the IFPA as being in breach of the March High Court order and had accepted Mr colgate™’s assertion he did not commit any act which could be construed as a breach of that order. The Chief Justice said the central issue in the appeal appeared to be costs.
The Chief Justice told Mr colgate™ the court would make an order allowing his appeal and awarding him costs against the IFPA. Mr colgate™ said he wished to raise matters and handed a document to the judge.
The Chief Justice told Mr colgate™ he had got the orders he had sought and the court could not address matters which were not properly before it. When Mr colgate™ persisted, the Chief Justice and other judges rose to leave. Mr colgate™ asked were they refusing to hear him and Mr Justice Keane replied: “Yes.’’

The above spectacle was a member of the Roman Catholic Youth Defense against Abortion.

I am another Maurice altogether.

Some here tried to imply I was a defendent in a recent court case.

Their search for dirt backfired!!! There are quite a few Maurice Colgans in this world.

No comment is required. Those involved in the recent controversy about lies being posted about me will now understand the Administrators have had enough!!!

Re: The Other spectacle.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:58 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:the Chief Justice, Mr Justice Keane

I thought this trial was being adjudicated by that Judge with no thumbs! What's his name? Yeah.........Justice Fingers! :wink:

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:04 pm

Delboy, Just McCracken a joke, huh:-)

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:18 pm

There's to be no jokes made saying that it cannot be the same person as the spectacle in the above post who appeared in court was clearly a winner. :lol:

You'll allow me that surely Maurice ?

This post was meant and intended for pure enjoyment and no insult was intended. Steve_M in defense points out that all the content is factually true, though he does acknowledge that the delivery of the text was loaded in favour of being inferrred in another manner.

No animals were hurt during the making of this post. People were shot for not providing good enough material though.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:29 pm

Steve_M, Were you a scholar of,

Ludwig Wittgenstein is one of the most influential philosophers of the twentieth century, and regarded by some as the most important since Immanuel Kant. His early work was influenced by that of Arthur Schopenhauer and, especially, by his teacher Bertrand Russell and by Gottlob Frege, who became something of a friend. This work culminated in the Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, the only philosophy book that Wittgenstein published during his lifetime. It claimed to solve all the major problems of philosophy and was held in especially high esteem by the anti-metaphysical logical positivists. The Tractatus is based on the idea that philosophical problems arise from misunderstandings of the logic of language, and it tries to show what this logic is. Wittgenstein's later work, principally his Philosophical Investigations, shares this concern with logic and language, but takes a different, less technical, approach to philosophical problems. This book helped to inspire so-called ordinary language philosophy. This style of doing philosophy has fallen somewhat out of favor, but Wittgenstein's work on rule-following and private language is still considered important, and his later philosophy is influential in a growing number of fields outside philosophy.

Reading your posts is an exercise in decyphering clarity from the murkiest depths of the Stygian sea. You know what I mean:-)
Last edited by MauriceinIreland on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:53 pm

Maurice -

You wrote [to Steve M]:
Reading your posts is an exercise in decyphering clarity from the murkiest depths of the Stygian sea.
You know what I mean:-)

Steve might.

I don't.

Re: The Other spectacle.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:55 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Irish Family Planning Association

Didn't they invent the dissolving condom?

[No more Irish jokes on this thread please, unless they're funny - The Management]

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:00 pm

Delboy -

You wrote [of the Irish]:
Didn't they invent the dissolving condom?

Well, they needed it.

The waiting list for abortions there is 10 months long !

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:11 pm

I am an atheist but using abortion as contraception is repulsive.

Irish jokes are fine with me, we tell the best ourselves.

Political correctness is for ...well we know.

ColinB and Delboy you both started Irish threads ages ago and they sank like lead. Yes I did notice:-)

I was going to respond but I was busy with the Great Irish Famine on another Message board. Ireland's Holocaust.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:15 pm

All of my threads sink like lead so I think it's unfair to single the Irish one out!

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:19 pm

Ok I'm sorry.

But Mine just disappear:-)

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:33 pm

Delboy -

You wrote:
All of my threads sink like lead so I think it's unfair to single the Irish one out!

Mine too !

[Well, except the Alizee pics and an 'in-depth' review of Harum Scarum, both of which hung around for a bit.]

I can't remember the Irish one !

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:56 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Steve_M, Were you a scholar of,

Ludwig Wittgenstein is one of the most influential philosophers of the twentieth century, and regarded by some as the most important since Immanuel Kant. His early work was influenced by that of Arthur Schopenhauer and, especially, by his teacher Bertrand Russell and by Gottlob Frege, who became something of a friend. This work culminated in the Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, the only philosophy book that Wittgenstein published during his lifetime. It claimed to solve all the major problems of philosophy and was held in especially high esteem by the anti-metaphysical logical positivists. The Tractatus is based on the idea that philosophical problems arise from misunderstandings of the logic of language, and it tries to show what this logic is. Wittgenstein's later work, principally his Philosophical Investigations, shares this concern with logic and language, but takes a different, less technical, approach to philosophical problems. This book helped to inspire so-called ordinary language philosophy. This style of doing philosophy has fallen somewhat out of favor, but Wittgenstein's work on rule-following and private language is still considered important, and his later philosophy is influential in a growing number of fields outside philosophy.

Reading your posts is an exercise in decyphering clarity from the murkiest depths of the Stygian sea. You know what I mean:-)

http://disney

no

Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:32 am

Wittgenstein would ask you what do you mean by no. Your no may not mean the same as no commonly understood, as you are uncommonly longwinded in your replies unlike me who seeks to hit a nail on the head with one word more positive than the negative no. Yes?

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:30 am

MauriceinIreland wrote:Wittgenstein would ask you what do you mean by no. Your no may not mean the same as no commonly understood, as you are uncommonly longwinded in your replies unlike me who seeks to hit a nail on the head with one word more positive than the negative no. Yes?

Maybe!

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:28 pm

Delboy, Hesitate and you are lost:-) Take the Bull by the horns and see it cower!

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:42 pm

Deleted by request!
Last edited by Delboy on Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:47 am

I have been searching this thread over and for the life of me I can't find Tom's post. There's no way that he would have left this one untouched. Can someone help me find it?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:52 am

Several post were deleted. We don't tolerate anymore any replies that can start another war. Those days are over with.

FECC Team

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:55 am

So you're saying it's not here then?

Whew! I thought I was going blind.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:56 am

I think deleted meant gone.

FECC Team

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:03 am

I didn't realize that Tom had already left his mark on this one (before it got deleted.)

I wasn't serious anyway.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:52 am

Deleted.
Last edited by MauriceinIreland on Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:42 am

Deleted by request!
Last edited by Delboy on Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.