Off Topic Messages

Let this be a lesson to us all!

Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:41 pm

By the way, I'm going into hiding for a while...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/4360866.stm

Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:53 pm

10,000 quid a month for a decade on Elvis records!!!!!!!!! She needs a new dealer! :smt005

Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:57 pm

Man, is Leeeechter going to miss this moron.

Tom

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:52 pm

Now that's a job a lot of people like to have: being able to steal about $ 15,000 per month.
And no audit for 10 years? Nobody checking anything?
I worked at a bank and when I had to transfer cash to the other office there always was someone secretly following me, I was told later.
(That was in the early sixties, when crime at worst was that someone's bike got stolen)

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:27 am

Julie Wall...the 2005 Recipient of the Colonel Tom Parker Award. Well done!

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:45 am

£10,000....who the f*** was she buying from?.....JIMBO..+ P&P....lmao :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:49 am

I have no comment at this time. If you have any questions you can contact my attorney.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:33 pm

It was absolutely extraordinary. Her house must be an absolute treasure trove of Elvis items. I loved the comment about Paul Lichter. I believe the police are going to hold an Elvis auction next year to try to recover some of Lincolnshire County Council's money. That should be alot of laughs.

Yes, folks, it's true. This woman was able to steal £10,000 (that's roughly $17,000 for our American cousins) a month from her local authority without them even noticing for ten years. And she spent it all on Elvis. I don't suppose she ever posted here, did she? I wonder if they allow an internet connection in prison?

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:02 pm

Carolyn:

Remember, this woman had been doing it for 10 years. I reckon that if I bought every CD, DVD, bootleg, shirt, knickers and stuffed fluffy Graceland (yes, they do exist!) that was available I wouldn't have much change out of half a million quid.

But the bizarre thing is that no-one noticed. I assume that on at least one occasion this woman went to Graceland. If I worked in one of the stores there I would like to think that I would be a bit suspicious if someone came in and said "yes, I'll have 2 of each." Perhaps not.