Off Topic Messages

Would you like to see a "No Holds Barred" section on the forum?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:26 am

Yes
8
27%
No
22
73%
 
Total votes : 30

Suggestion For FECC

Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:26 am

Based on all the issues regarding people attacking one another then complaining to the administrators, I have an idea I'd like to share (if I may?)

What do you all think about having a "No Holds Barred" area on the forum? In this area, you could say to anyone whatever you wish to, and in any way you wish to say it. Might even give an "enter at your own risk" notice????

There could be a stipulation made saying something like "whatever is said in this section-stays in this section, and we will not respond to any complaints made over something that was said."

Maybe a policy could even be made stating that any attacks or accusations made in any other areas of the forum would result in that person being banned permanently.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:47 am

So why are some of you voting no for? Are you affraid of being challenged or exposed for something?????
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:27 am

I think a "NO HOLDS BARRED" section would be a whole lorra fun.

It would be hilarious infact.


:lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:47 am

Look at all the crap that happened yesterday over Maurice and certain morons saying whatever they wanted. What would be the point?
Name calling and slagging people off? No thanks.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:56 am

Tits has a point (2 as a matter of fact)

- besides, several words here are banned and auto-re-written
a no holds barred forum would still have text restrictions.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:08 am

Why have a no holds barred section when it already exists here? It is plain to see that the only thing that admin cares about is if certain web sites are mentioned.

Posting names and adresses, racist remarks, personal attacks is all ok.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:40 am

Finally, Big Boss Man, I'd have a chance to tell you what a worthless scumbag you are.

(Just kidding.)

But, seriously, that's about all a no-holds-barred section has to offer: a chance for people to pour their bile on innocent bystanders without fear of punishment.

I don't see much need for it myself.

I do think the idea of confining the unpleasantness to one area has appeal, but why not make that area "someone else's message board." Why even have it on here?

Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:46 am

the squirrel wrote:I think a "NO HOLDS BARRED" section would be a whole lorra fun.

It would be hilarious infact.


:lol:



Never worked in "our" day Ewen loon. :P

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:12 am

As Ive always said, I dont understand why the need for an off topic section. that should be what the chat room is used for if so desired.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:50 am

BBM -
We don't need that here. That's why AEK exists!

In all seriousness civility has seemingly been on the decline for quite some time. And not just in the U.S.A. This is something that we all have it in our power to do something about on an individual basis.

There are a number of folks on here who conduct themselves in an exemplary manner (LTB, Rockin'rebel, Dan T., Torben to name just a few). If we would all model our conduct after theirs there wouldn't be any problems on this board, and visiting here would be a much more positive experience.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:30 am

elvissessions.com wrote:Finally, Big Boss Man, I'd have a chance to tell you what a worthless scumbag you are.


Thank you kindly Elvissessions; I was just about to let you know that you're a slivering, slimy, sleazy, son of a motherless goat!
LOL :lol: (Just kidding too :P )

After reading over some of the points that have been made here, what would you say to special section with only a few rules (ex: no cursing or profanity, by posting in the section one must agree to accept whatever is said and not voice complaints)

Is this any better? Anyone have a better idea? Anybody care to know that I'm drunk lol :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:52 am

I had to vote No because of my recent visit to the other board. After reading a few of Marty Lacker's posts, I decided it was much more pleasant here. There are some issues here, but nothing like over there.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:08 am

Big Boss Man wrote:So why are some of you voting no for? Are you affraid of being challenged or exposed for something?????


No, but there are idiots that use any method to discredit people they don't like at whatever forum, even if the argument is not on FECC.
Would you appreciate it if I did not like you for whatever reason hence I post without any evidence and in fact without any truth:
Big boss man was involved in 5 killings.
Or: Big boss man is a drugsdealer.
Or: Big boss man is no Elvis fan.
Remember there are always gullible people that believe anything that is posted!

Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:25 am

Luuk, Exactly!

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:04 pm

I think it could be fun......We could have our own version of Celebrity Deathmatch......Messageboard Deathmatch.

Doris colgateā„¢ against TINC has got to be the first match.

lol

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:10 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:Look at all the crap that happened yesterday over Maurice and certain morons saying whatever they wanted. What would be the point?
Name calling and slagging people off? No thanks.


Oh the irony of this coming from you, Tits.

:roll:

Jules

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:40 pm

familyjules wrote:
Tits McGhee wrote:Look at all the crap that happened yesterday over Maurice and certain morons saying whatever they wanted. What would be the point?
Name calling and slagging people off? No thanks.


Oh the irony of this coming from you, Tits.

:roll:

Jul :evil: es
:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:22 pm

Gotta go with a "no" to that one.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:21 pm

Why would we want a "No Holds Barred" section? Some members (no names here) obviously prefer to antagonize others, receive a public beating, and then run crying to anyone who will listen about how they are "mistreated."

They apparently need drama in their lives. So be it.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:22 pm

Very well said, Eagle.

Tom

Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:03 pm

EagleUSA wrote:Why would we want a "No Holds Barred" section? Some members (no names here) obviously prefer to antagonize others, receive a public beating, and then run crying to anyone who will listen about how they are "mistreated."

They apparently need drama in their lives. So be it.


I see your point Eagle....I guess I can buy that (for now) :D

Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:42 am

genesim wrote:Why have a no holds barred section when it already exists here? It is plain to see that the only thing that admin cares about is if certain web sites are mentioned.

Posting names and adresses, racist remarks, personal attacks is all ok.

even though it clearly says in the guidelines that personal attacks are not allowed

why make rules if you don't even care about if people are following them

Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:48 am

WORD.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:35 am

EagleUSA wrote:Why would we want a "No Holds Barred" section? Some members (no names here) obviously prefer to antagonize others, receive a public beating, and then run crying to anyone who will listen about how they are "mistreated."

They apparently need drama in their lives. So be it.


WORD.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:14 am

I voted no because I am one of the gullible people that would believe anything that was posted!!
sue