Off Topic Messages

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:12 pm

I thought Foreman was 45 when he eventually retired? The script will be interesting, with Stallone being 59 it must be some sort of unlicensed 'revenge' bout.

Needless to say I'll be first in the queue! :D

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:22 pm

George was 45 when he regained the title...but he fought until age 50.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:37 am

The film wont have hardly any boxing in it and will be focused on 'Rocky' himself. Coming to terms with his past and his present life.

Im sure he will beat someone up.Lets hope its Don King :lol:

Sean

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:08 am

Holy smokes...it's true :!: :?:

Directly from Stallone's website:

Fifteen years after the last installment, Sylvester Stallone is reprising his role as boxing champ Rocky Balboa in the sixth 'Rocky' movie!

Sly will write and direct "Rocky Balboa," which will begin shooting in Philadelphia and Las Vegas next year. The story will focus on an aging, widowed Rocky, who returns to the ring once more to challenge a powerful champion. "I am drawing on a lot of my feelings that are in sync with many people's feelings about facing the last chapter of their lives and how they want it to be written," Stallone said.

Stallone wrote all the Rocky films and directed the second, third and fourth entries. The first movie, released in 1976, won three Oscars, including best picture and best director for John G. Avildsen. This is glorious news for fans of the series who have longed to see Stallone return to the iconic character.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Yeah Eagle if you believe FICTION. Michael Moorer took a dive and it is obvious when you look at his glance toward the corner in the supposed "knockdown".

35 and 0 with 30 knockouts and he falls like a deck of cards. Yeah right. Foreman was great in his time, but that night it was obviously something else.

Moorer prefight quote. "How much are you getting paid 20 million 50 million??

Moorer said "50 million...(laughs)...if you give me that much I won't come back!"

Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:16 pm

Geno, I said he "regained" the title...I didn't say he won it. :lol:

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:30 am

Took a dive my butt Genesim! Moorer got cocky. Thought he could take Foreman's best shots so he started dropping his left lower with each round. I saw it coming. I said to myself "he's overconfident, holding his left too low and Foreman's gonna tag him with a big right hand". And that's just what happened. You just don't do that with the guy who's probably the hardest hitter in heavyweight history - regardless of his age.

And in my opinion (and I'm the son of a prizefighter) Foreman played him. He set him up for the knockout by not hitting him with his full power in his right hand just so Moorer would start dropping his left. Sure enough it happened - and Foreman unloaded the big right hand!

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:25 am

Moorer definitely got his clock cleaned. They showed the fight a few days ago on ESPN Classic. You could tell that when Moorer came out during the last round that he probably was not going to last for three minutes.

They also showed a recent interview with Moorer and he was a little bitter with George for saying that the fight went exactly the way he planned it. Moorer said Foreman definitely threw a lucky punch.

However, he also said that once he was hit, he knew it was over.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:33 pm

BULLSH*T!

Dude I watched Moorer when he was coming up through the ranks. He tanked it.

I never said that he didn't take a hit, but he was far from hurting.

If you wanna see it for real, HBO had a special and it actually showed it from another angle then the overhead "Rocky III shot" :lol:

They have the camera to the mat and he makes a glance...it is there and it is obvious.

Now back to the fight. Moorer did nothing the whole time. Cocky my ass, he had Foreman every second of the fight. It was obvious that old ass was out classed. There was a time that Georgie actually stumbled to the side and Moorer did NOTHING.

I seen Moorer completely obliterate opponents that Foreman almost had end his career. Everett Martin and Alex Stewart(edited because of confusion with Axel Schultz. :lol: ) come to mind. These were people that Moorer knocked out with ease, while Foreman had alot more trouble.

Hey you guys wanna believe in fiction that is your fault, but me I have been a hardcore boxing fan for years. I know a fall when I see one. Moorer took a dive. He did it obviously. I remember seeing a interview where Foreman said he had it all "plannned out". Moorer got pissed and actually said it...BULL SH*T Foreman. You could tell he was mad for exactly the reason I said. He took the dive, and Foreman's "plan" was insulting.

"Knew it was over" my ass. Moorer has been hit alot harder then Foreman, and he got up to win the fight with a K.O. Moorere didn't even bother to try to get up. He just looked over and rolled his eyes. Take a look at seconds before. Moorer almost took a dive at an earlier shot. That sh*t was faked. I don't know who paid him, but what a f*cking fool!

Time and time again Moorer didn't take the fight to Foreman. He wasn't cocky, he was fighting like a person that didn't want to win. He was more then capable and I have seen his style. That night, he was obviously in a different place.

Pete...incidently, it wasn't his left that was dropped..it was both hands. :lol: He set it up, cause he wanted it to be. Of course you got to make that look real.

Do I think Foreman can still hit, of course. But Moorer wasn't "played". He was an excellent fighter, and Foreman would not have taken him. Hell even when Foreman was in his prime his easier opponents at least tried to get up. Moorer was a survivor, but that night he didn't care. When you have a old man in the ring, the chances are much better for something being fixed. There is alot to gain from a legend recapturing the title because odds are stacked. Think about it.
Last edited by genesim on Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:00 pm

Geno,

I think Foreman KO'd Moorer for real.

If he was gonna take a dive he wouldnt have waited right till the end to do it.
Foreman hits like a runaway tank, even at 45.He chose to fight Moorer cause Moorer was made for him.

What about Frank Bruno against Oliver McCall.
The fight should never have happened cause McCall was on drugs and refused to take a sample after Bruno beat him to win the WBC world title.

As much as i like Frank, he should never have been crowned world champ.That fight was a farce.He should never have got a shot of the title.
He only got that fight cause Don King was promoting it and agreed he would make his first defence against Tyson and we all know what happened in that fight.
After a round with Tyson ,Bruno was crying in the corner, spent the second round dancing with Tyson and got his final warning for holding then got battered against the ropes in the 3rd.

Sean