Off Topic Messages

Stallone and Mr.T back for Rocky 6!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:01 pm

Its been announced that 59-year old Sylvester Stallone and 53-year old Mr.T are to star in Rocky 6.

Stallone says that he is really good shape and still works out 3 times a week.

Mr.T, who has treatment for cancer says'After my career went off the rails Hollywood turned its back on me but Sylvester never did and we have remained good mates'.

Famous quote from Rocky 3: 'Dont need no has-been messing up my corner':roll:

Stallone maybe fit but i think he has left it to late for this film to work.That said, im sure i,ll go and see it. :wink:

Sean

Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:15 pm

Lets face it, old Sly`s film career has been over for years, and that rediculous look he now has because of plastic surgery, and that wig do him no favours.

I can`t say i have seen that many of his films, but of the ones i have seen, only Copland was any good.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:41 pm

who is the source of this supposed "rumour" :?:

we jus had a discussion about this topic about a month ago and Tom in NC confirmed that Stallone was in pre-production for a RAMBO 4 :!:

Tom... :?:

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:19 pm

minkahed wrote:who is the source of this supposed "rumour" :?:

we jus had a discussion about this topic about a month ago and Tom in NC confirmed that Stallone was in pre-production for a RAMBO 4 :!:

Tom... :?:

Its been all over the newspapers and on various news websites plus Stallones site.
Stallone and Mr.T have been talking about it.Filming starts Dec/early next year.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:36 am

Thank you Sean...

I'll soon check it out :!: :wink:

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:50 am

Maybe they are going to fight each other at the Post Office when they're waiting in line for their pensions?

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:59 am

I can understand what you mean but the script supposed to be brilliant.

Adrian, Rocky's wife died 4 years previously and the first scene is Rocky and Paulie standing over her gravestone. :cry:

The story is apparently the best of all the 'Rocky' films. :lol:

Sean

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:25 am

Ezz wrote:...and that rediculous look he now has because of plastic surgery, and that wig do him no favours.

I didn't think Sly wore a wig.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:37 am

Ezz wrote:Lets face it, old Sly`s film career has been over for years, and that rediculous look he now has because of plastic surgery, and that wig do him no favours.

I can`t say i have seen that many of his films, but of the ones i have seen, only Copland was any good.

One Stallone film--in addition to the "Rocky" series and "Rambo"--that I really liked was "Lock Up." Hell, I don't recall if that's the title of it, but it's a pretty good suspense flick. Not very well known, but I thought he was good in that. Donald Sutherland played the warden, John Amos was a guard, etc.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:33 am

KHoots wrote:
Ezz wrote:Lets face it, old Sly`s film career has been over for years, and that rediculous look he now has because of plastic surgery, and that wig do him no favours.

One Stallone film--in addition to the "Rocky" series and "Rambo"--that I really liked was "Lock Up." Hell, I don't recall if that's the title of it, but it's a pretty good suspense flick. Not very well known, but I thought he was good in that. Donald Sutherland played the warden, John Amos was a guard, etc.

I totally agree with you KHOOTS.

Lock Up was a good movie. it was one movie where I thought SLY showed a great depth of gracefulness and appeared natural.

In other words, IMHO, he didn't "overact" and his character jus seemed to be more realistic, as opposed to his other many "supernatural" hollywood tuff guy roles.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:51 am

I've heard that most of the scenes in this film are in the retirement home that Rocky and Mr. T are now residents of.

The latest fight started over a game of checkers. Should be a good bout though.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:35 am

Rob wrote:I've heard that most of the scenes in this film are in the retirement home that Rocky and Mr. T are now residents of.

The latest fight started over a game of checkers. Should be a good bout though.

That's weird...

I heard it's over a game of bingo... :wink:

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:53 pm

Rocky VI is not currently in production. However, according to MGM, Stallone has requested to start production in December of 2005. That does not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean that production will start then. Lets look at the facts: Stallone is contractually obligated to Rambo IV and has yet another film lined up after that one. Granted, if production shuts down on Rambo IV, he's free to do what he wants. Vin Diesel, who has been rumored to co-star in Rocky VI is in post-production on Find me Guilty and has 3 other films lined up after that. Mr. T has expressed an interest in appearing in the film, but is currently way to weak to do any physical acting.

Insiders say that most of these rumors are being started by Stallone himself to drum up interest (AKA investors) for the film. This is a very personal project for him and I have no doubt that he will eventually make the film. Bottom line, don't believe everything you read in the paper.

Tom

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:30 pm

"This is a very personal project for him and I have no doubt that he will eventually make the film."

Should`nt that read, the last throw of the dice from a desperate actor who has no where else to go, but return to past glories ?

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:51 pm

You say potato...........

Tom

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:39 pm

Yep.Looks like i was right Tom. :wink:
He seems to be going through with Rocky 6.

Stallone is trying to get Antonio Tarver to star in it.Tarver is currently the Light-heavyweight world champion.

I would have liked Stallone to have made another Rambo flick first to be honest and gone back to the first blood storyline instead of all the explosive scenes in Rambo 2 and 3.

Anyway, if Stallone wanted to 'hype up' his image he could have done that with Rambo 4.
Filming of the 6th Rocky starts Dec05/Jan06.

Sean

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:01 am

Rob wrote:
I've heard that most of the scenes in this film are in the retirement home that Rocky and Mr. T are now residents of.

Do they fight Bubba-Ho-Tep in this one?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:06 am

EagleUSA wrote:Rob wrote:

Do they fight Bubba-Ho-Tep in this one?

hahahaha proberly. Dont know how they are gonna convince the public .

Remember Sean Connery doing his last James Bond film. Never Say Never Again .it was rubbish. :roll:

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:02 am

I wouldn't say "rubbish". We were introduced to Kim Bassinger... :shock:

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:43 am

I've seen on the news tickers on both FOX News and MSNBC that Stallone is to begin filming the 6th chapter in the Rocky saga in December.

Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:53 am

I just saw this and thought I'd post it....

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Yo Adrian! Rocky is planning another comeback. Fifteen years after starring in "Rocky V," Sylvester Stallone is reprising his role as the boxing champ in the sixth "Rocky" movie, publicist Michelle Bega said Monday.

The 59-year-old actor will write and direct "Rocky Balboa," which will begin shooting in Philadelphia and Las Vegas next year.

Stallone told the Daily Variety trade magazine the movie will focus on an aging, widowed Rocky who is reluctant to get back in the ring but ends up doing it "just to compete, not to win."

"I am drawing on a lot of my feelings that are in sync with many people's feelings about facing the last chapter of their lives and how they want it to be written," Stallone said.

Dan Taylor, president of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, which is co-producing the film, said the movie focuses less on boxing and more on character.

"It's about self-examination, an opportunity to see what kind of person he is and act on it," Taylor said.

It wasn't immediately clear whether Talia Shire, who appeared in five previous "Rocky" films as the boxer's love interest, Adrian, will return in the sixth installment, said Stuart Herriot, a spokesman with Revolution Studios, which is co-producing the film.

"In the script, she did pass away, but it's unsure whether she might appear in a flashback or in older footage," Herriot said. "It's too early in the production to tell."

But, Herriot said, Burt Young is expected to return as Adrian's brother, Paulie.

Stallone wrote all the "Rocky" films and directed the second, third and fourth entries.

The first movie, released in 1976, won three Oscars, including best picture and best director for John G. Avildsen.

Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:04 am

As much as I loved the first 3 ROCKY films, the 4th was above average, but a bit too overblown and the 5th sucked bad...so,

I'll believe it, (ROCKY 6), when I'm standing in line at the box office, ready to see it... :roll:

Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:43 pm

Having the movie titled "Rocky Balboa" just doesn't sound right imo. I think they'll change it to Rocky 6 before it's released to the public.

I've also read on some movie related boards that they were talking to Dolph Lundgren as well about appearing in the film? If this turns out to be true, perhaps they can resurect Apollo Creed!

Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:56 pm

Surely Stallone and Mr T are not getting back in the ring? :shock: That's a ridiculous concept! Rocky had 'retired' 15 years ago....they would have to have paramedics in the corner! :?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:00 pm

I don't know if the concept is all that ridiculous...after all, George Foreman fought well into his 50's and was fairly successful at that time.