Off Topic Messages

The Torture Game

Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:06 pm

OK, let's say you are a spy and you get caught by the enemy (because you're a really crappy spy). You have info they want and they decide to torture you by strapping you down to a bed (Hi Rusty*!!!) and playing music really, really loudly to get you to break. What Elvis song played over and over and over and over again at full blast will get you to crack the soonest? For me it would be Gonna Get Back Home Somehow. I deplore that song with a passion usually reserved for in-laws and Milhouse.

Tom

Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:24 pm

Tom -

I guess any song would start to get to you if it was played endlessly on a tape loop !

But the 'usual suspects' would make me crack first.

Like Old MacDonald, Ito Eats & Confidence !

Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:01 pm

Interesting topic but my bets would go for Confidence....

Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:41 pm

I'd say Puppet On A String or Old Macdonald......as much as I love Elvis' music, I absolutely hate these songs!

Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:44 pm

Not sure. Probably Confidence. Or perhaps I'd start deleriously singing along to it with an inane, barely sane grin. Never played it often enough to test the theory. Fortunately, never will :)

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:01 pm

Three Corn Patches....

Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:51 am

Gee, I wonder if we can beat 6 pages and 125 responses that can be found on page 3 of the All Elvis section trashing our hero's work! my guess is why of course.

cough cough......

Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:01 am

Anything from 'Harum Scarum' or 'Paradise Hawaiian Style' or 'Clambake' or 'Girl Happy' or...

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:38 pm

Song Of The Shrimp would do it for me.....my hubby hates ..You Gave Me a Mountain :cry: but thats another story :oops:

Tom I`m sure I could find better ways of torturing you had I got you strapped to a bed 8) :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:51 pm

If I were a real crappy spy, I wouldn't have any Elvis recordings, so I'd probably lie there and listen in ecstasy, no matter what song it was playing really loudly!!!!
sue

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:25 am

I'll do anything you want me to do. I'll give you everything I own.

Please! In the name of the Holy Mother! Do not make me listen to
Yoga Is As Yoga Does!
Last edited by Rob on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:32 am

"Love Me Tender" Live from the 70's just kills me. I skip it EVERYTIME!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:53 am

it's impossible and the impossible dream...those back to back would have me screaming bloody murder. horrible, horrible songs...why elvis? why?!

actually all the usual suspects would have me infectuously singing along--i have a real soft spot for song of the shrimp and old mcdonald in particular. hey! i like them, ok? :oops:

crawfish is a bit grinding for my ears. it's good until the craaaaawwwfi-iyysh part. gyahhh!

actually, if i heard hound dog non-stop for an hour i'd probably crack. i've heard it just a few too many times in my life that i am considering not listening to it for about 50 years before i give another listen. really, really nausiating on the 1000th listen. i don't know how elvis kept doing it as long as he did.

actually, forget hound dog...bossa nova baby drives me up the wall twice as much. i'd rather listen to dominic than bossa nova baby. and that's the truth.

honestly, the tracks i never fail to skip are it's impossible, the impossible dream & bossa nova baby. the one redeeming factor of hound dog is the intro joking he did in the 70s with the blowing the girls hair straight back routine...but after that routine is over and he goes into the song, i tend to hit the skip button. and i never listen to the also sprach zarathustra opening either.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:58 am

Elvis' Babe likes - Old MacDonald / Song of the Shrimp
Elvis' Babe does not like - It's Impossible / The Impossible Dream

Something seem cockeyed here?

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:15 am

no, i just have really horrible memories of the impossible dream and also sprach zarathustra used in rehab.

it's impossible is just a song i've never liked. i didn't like the version of the original guy that sang it either.

and as far as song of the shrimp and old mcdonald go--at least they don't try to be anything they're not.

softly as i leave you with sherill neilsen singing isn't particularly a favorite either, but i like elvis' narration.

the impossible songs aren't my cup of tea. and btw--i'm not about to join a fanclub for song of the shrimp, but it's without a doubt better than bossa nova baby and a few others.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:06 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:Tom I`m sure I could find better ways of torturing you had I got you strapped to a bed 8)

I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Tom

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:45 am

Old Shep for me... this is the longest drawn out song... shoot the damn dog already Elvis!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:49 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
Rusty Martin* wrote:Tom I`m sure I could find better ways of torturing you had I got you strapped to a bed 8)

I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Tom

You better believe it baby 8)

BTW..Spellbinder does a very good version of Yoga is as Yoga does..... perhaps it was the couple of bottles of wine we had had with our lunch :oops: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:36 am

Ok, I confess.....

I know the full lyrics of "Yoga Is As Yoga Does", "Song Of The Shrimp", "Confidence" and many others and I always catch myself singing when I´m alone.... :oops: :oops:

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:54 am

It's OK, Renan. There are people here who want to help you. You have just taken a first big step by admitting this. We are all your friends and will help you see this through. You can count on us.

Hey Guys, that Renan is one weird dude. Stay away from him. Did you actually get a load of the songs he likes? What a dork!

Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:28 am

Rusty wrote:
Tom I`m sure I could find better ways of torturing you had I got you strapped to a bed

I can prove that, I still have the scars !