Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:14 am

I got a haircut! that's my good news

Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:59 am

Leo wrote:I got a haircut! that's my good news

Me too!!

Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:18 am

Leo wrote:I got a haircut! that's my good news

Really ? This week I decided to have both mine done. :wink:

Hey, if you look at the magazine cover above, it says on there "How to fire someone effectively"

Well, wouldn't firing someone ineffectively be that they still didn't leave? :lol:

Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:56 am

A very good news is that I´m going to sleep now....

Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:22 pm

It´s FRIDAY...AGAIN! :D

Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:07 pm

I will be in college vacation until February 15th, 2006. And next year I will be graduated! This is a good news.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:44 pm

I understand Elton John is getting married. That's good news, right?

Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:21 am

KHoots wrote:I understand Elton John is getting married. That's good news, right?

I've been waiting to get home from the bar to post that all evening!

Damn - beaten to it :lol:

Geoff

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:22 am

Sorry, tupelo boy! They say great minds think alike. :D

Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:41 am

I met Lisa Marie(yes the real one) backstage last week! :D

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:54 am

winter break starts december 16th!

Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:02 pm

There... Merry Christmas... now I'm happy... :shock:

Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:34 pm

Finally I have stopped smokin`!!

After 25 years of 30 cigarettes each day I quit.......
It was 11 o`clock ( Monday 10/3) when I decided to stop ....I threw away my package....and that was it..
I haven`t touched a cigarette since then..and I don`t long for it..!!

Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:07 am

Dang, Brad.. mighty nice taste you have there. ;)

I've got good news!

I just spent last week in Memphis at Sun Studio, to finish my third album:

"The Sun Also Rises, Vol. 2"!

I'm pretty happy with it, it's a bit more modern in it's mixing, and it's cool to have 3 albums of my own stuff. (and there's nothing like recording at Sun!)

Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:57 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Finally I have stopped smokin`!!

After 25 years of 30 cigarettes each day I quit.......
It was 11 o`clock ( Monday 10/3) when I decided to stop ....I threw away my package....and that was it..
I haven`t touched a cigarette since then..and I don`t long for it..!!

Hey, I´m very happy for you. You made a great choice!

My good news of today is that I woke up once more and I´m breathing! Thank God.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:08 pm

JamieAKelley wrote:I've got good news!

I just spent last week in Memphis at Sun Studio, to finish my third album:

"The Sun Also Rises, Vol. 2"!

I'm pretty happy with it, it's a bit more modern in it's mixing, and it's cool to have 3 albums of my own stuff. (and there's nothing like recording at Sun!)

That's cool, Jamie. I recorded one song at Sun in August, and found that to be quite a thrilling experience. I took advantage of the deal they offer--one song on a CD--karaoke-style--for $30.

Tell me more about what you did. I'm assuming you used your band? How about the track listing? Who produced it? Did you record after hours? How long did it take to complete it?

Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:51 pm

Hi, KHoots!

I used a group called The Dempseys (the absolute best rockabilly group known to man, imo), and this is the 3rd session we've done together. In November 2003, we cut 25 songs in 5 days, including 2 that I wrote, and going with the rockabilly theme, I looking into the older country and blues catalogues as well as E-mails from Keith Flynn and Kevan Budd, who suggested songs Elvis was rumored to do at Sun and the Hayride. I have to say thanks to them, because their song suggestions are the reason we had enough good song material for 2 albums like this, and I'm very happy about it.

Now, even though the flavor is rockabilly and I am VERY heavily Elvis-influenced in my style, I consider this my own sound, no matter how close or far away from Elvis' it may be. I just wanted to stress that it's not an impersonation record - if I'm spending good recording money, it's going to be how I feel the song. :) That said, I think it's fun to play around with songs Elvis might have done, just from a fan point of view, even if we're not trying to make it sound like Elvis.

Anyway, back to the story (sorry about that, felt I had to say it for prep) 13 of the songs we cut in 2003 (12 + 1 hidden track) were put on "The Sun Also Rises Vol 1", and while we had 12 more songs for volume 2, I felt we needed more material since the 2nd CD's songs only added up to 30min.

We started about 6:30, after the tours let out for the night - stayed until about midnight, maybe a tad later. We recorded 4 songs (2 versions of one) and re-recorded one I wasn't happy with my vocal on from the 2003 session. Kinda proud of this one, too, since on "Uncle Penn" and both versions of "Mess Around", I'm playing rhythm guitar. Up until the Elvis Story shows, I didn't know how, but hauled butt for 2 weeks before the July shows in Atlantic City and learned it. :)

Anyway, for good luck we recorded on the "X"s of "where the Elvis and the guys supposedly stood for one of their records" (guess who's X I got? :p ), and everything just felt so smooth... we really work well together, and it was a blast. Producing I take pretty much the way Elvis did (from what I understand), I kinda have an idea in my head and go with that or just feel it out as I go, but since good ideas come from any source, I listen to any suggestions and see how they work. James Lott was the engineer, and there is *nobody* like James. He's the best. There is no cooler, more relaxed creative atmosphere than the one he creates. And the mixing was done a few days later (also at Sun), even got the tracklisting done while down there. Won't come out until Feb, though, with everything I've got going on keeping me busy.

Tracklisting:

Tiger Man
Lovesick Blues
Sittin' On Top Of The World (country song, we did the blues song on the last album)
Mess Around
I Don't Hurt Anymore
Little Mama
Always Late (With Your Kisses)
Maybellene
Walking By Myself
Tennessee Saturday Night
Uncle Penn
We're Getting Closer (To Being Apart)
You're So Fine (it's a Little Walter blues song)
My Babe
Mess Around (Fast)
Tweedle Dee
Ragg Mopp
+1 hidden track (ooh! lol)

here's a sample: http://www.jamieaaronkelley.com/02LovesickBlues.mp3

And now you know the rest of the story - lol

Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:24 pm

Hmmm...Have you people run out of good news?

Here´s mine...My one week vacation starts today. Will be spending it partly at my cottage. :D

Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:45 pm

I´m going to have lunch in one hour.