Off Topic Messages

Post your GOOD NEWS here!

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:42 am

I thought a "good news" section here could be a welcomed change.
I´ll start by saying that I have a vacation coming up just around the corner :D

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:55 am

Me too.

Me and the little lady are going to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a few days at the end of this month. We have rented a cabin in "them there hills."
Here's the hideout that I will be temporarily unavailable for a few days.

My wife will never find me there.

http://www.smokytop.com/grandview.html

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:05 am

i'm going to 10 countries next summer for 31 days.

Day-by-Day Itinerary
Day 1-4 :
Fly to London, where you'll meet your bilingual EF Tour Director. Stroll through England's capital on our EF walking tour. Visit St. Paul's Cathedral. Opt to visit Windsor Castle.
Day 5-7 :
Board the Eurostar train and speed under the English Channel to Paris. See the Eiffel Tower and visit Notre Dame. Opt to visit Versailles.
Day 8-9 :
Stop in Brussels en route to the Netherlands. Pass the site of Dutch coronations on our Amsterdam tour, cruise the city's canals, and visit the Anne Frank House. Opt to journey to the fishing village of Volendam.
Day 10-12 :
Visit Heidelberg Castle, take a guided tour of Lucerne, and opt to climb Mt. Pilatus.
Day 13-15 :
Visit Neuschwanstein Castle before reaching Munich, where you’ll see the Wittelsbach dukes’ Residenz during your guided tour. Visit Dachau. Then return to Munich for our EF walking tour. You’ll also visit Salzburg and its salt mines.
Day 16-18 :
Transfer via Innsbruck and continue past the Dolomites to Venice. Visit the Doges' Palace and cross the Bridge of Sighs. Travel to Florence.
Day 19-22 :
See the highlights of Florence during a guided walk. After a stop in Assisi, travel to Rome and walk the city. Visit the Roman Forum and the Sistine Chapel. Continue on to Sorrento.
Day 23-24 :
Tour the excavated ruins of Pompeii and board an overnight ferry to Greece. Tour the monasteries of Meteora and spend the night in the region.
Day 25-27 :
Visit the Temple of Apollo in Delphi and the Acropolis in Athens. Opt to attend our Greek Evening.
Day 28-30 :
Extend your stay for a three-day Louis Cruises journey to Turkey and the Greek Islands. Stops include Kusadasi, Patmos and Rhodes.
Day 31 :
Depart for home.

So that equals--England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Greece, & Turkey! 10 countries, baby, to rack up my travelogue brags.
Last edited by Elvis' Babe on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:10 am

I'm gettin' ready to log off this site and jump in bed wit my hot az hell babe and make sum whoopie... :P

Im happy at the moment and I'll be happy afterwards :!: :wink: :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:50 am

My good news is............ err.......... can't think of any just now.

Like I see the W H Smith album chart has been extended to 120 places !

And our boy doesn't figure in it anywhere !
Last edited by ColinB on Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:52 am

I'm not going anywhere, but I'm still alive and that's always good news to the kiddies (who think anyone over 30 is at risk)!!
sue

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:12 pm

Good news? The sun is shining here. Got some great news DVD's including Au suivant by Wende Snijders. French chansons in a different style.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:56 pm

Good news now? I´m alive today and still breathing. This is important and the sun is shining. Too hot here!! Almost 30º C equal to 87º F and it is just 07:53 AM :shock:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:05 pm

good news: it's possible for me to get 4 hours asleep before school starts if i try to go to bed now.

bad news: i'm way too interested in watching trailers on the internet and filling up by myspace with them. god, i should have never gotten one of those. :roll: i don't know what minimalism is.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:06 pm

! I just saved a bunch of money by not buying Hitstory!

:D and I still get to listen to hours and hours of Elvis music I already own anyway!

good news.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:10 pm

Can't think of any good news. It's been like that for the last 28 years. Sorry!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:19 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:! I just saved a bunch of money by not buying Hitstory!

That IS good news!

I also saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:23 pm

I just saved $500 on my car insurance by switching to Geico! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:27 pm

Doh! I forgot, I do have some good news to tell you. Just last night, Sweden qualified to the world cup in Germany next year, and if that ain't good news I'll be a sonofabitch!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:37 pm

The Yankees blew it this year!!!!!!!!!!!! (Dr. Evil laugh)

Mwuahahahah...MWUAhahahaha.....MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:58 pm

I should be a grandfather for the first time sometime tomorrow.

:?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:12 pm

sam wrote:I should be a grandfather for the first time sometime tomorrow.

:?

That's awesome Sam!

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:17 pm

I recently bought a TaylorMade R540 TI 10.5 Graphite Driver and it's already taken 8 strokes off my game.

Tom

P.S. .......and you guys thought that this was the only thing good about the game:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:23 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:I recently bought a TaylorMade R540 TI 10.5 Graphite Driver and it's already taken 8 strokes off my game.

Tom

P.S. .......and you guys thought that this was the only thing good about the game:

No, but I believe that she's just knocked eight strokes off my game!

:lol:

Jules

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:26 pm

Huh huh.... ehh.... Jules said "strokes"....heh heh...uhhh...heh heh.

p.s. Tom, thanks for recycling that photo from a few years back!

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:37 pm

EagleUSA wrote:p.s. Tom, thanks for recycling that photo from a few years back!

Unlike Milhouse's constant self promotion, this never get's old.

Tom

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:08 pm

Very true, Tom. That never gets old.

My good news is that I am getting (re)married at Graceland next April. You're all invited, and expected to bring very expensive gifts with you. :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:23 pm

Tom, you sure know how to pick em'!

I'd drink her bath water.........woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:46 pm

I just got a new car! weeee!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:38 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:! I just saved a bunch of money by not buying Hitstory!

:D and I still get to listen to hours and hours of Elvis music I already own anyway!

good news.

you call $30 a "bunch of money" :?: :lol: