Off Topic Messages

Earthquakes and Memphis

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:50 pm

With all the natural disasters which have been affecting the earth recently, there has been alot of discussion in recent days about when the big one will hit the USA. Living here in Tokyo, and now a veteran of many quakes, they are not a great thing to experience. Anyway, besides San Fransico, Memphis was also mentioned as a danger spot. According to the news story, the last big one to hit this region was in the 1870's. I was just wondering how much Graceland would be able to resist such a quake. What a disaster for E fans if it was totally destroyed ! :shock: :cry:

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:57 pm

It's true. In fact there was a 4.5 quake in Memphis on June 17, 1974, which baffled scientists for about 3 weeks. Turns out it was Lamar falling out of a chair at Graceland after eating an entire ham.

Tom

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:29 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:It's true. In fact there was a 4.5 quake in Memphis on June 17, 1974, which baffled scientists for about 3 weeks. Turns out it was Lamar falling out of a chair at Graceland after eating an entire ham.

Tom

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info Tom! :lol:

It's no surprise that many Elvis fans have a tendency to steer clear of Lamar. Now we know why! :lol:

Tom (from Ohio)

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:35 pm

Although I was quite young at the time, I recall during that period a strange colored cloud floating over my city. I remember being baffled as to what caused it to develop, now, thanks to Tom, I finally learn the answer - Lamar farted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

And you people thought global warming was the cause for all these hurricanes. :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:50 pm

Classic stuff boys.... :P

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:57 am

You guys are mad!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:16 am

You show me Lamar with a "cork" inserted, and I'll show you a clear weather forecast :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:13 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:You show me Lamar with a "cork" inserted......

Now that's a visual that's going to fester for awhile.

Tom