Off Topic Messages

Help Victims of South Asia Earthquake

Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:22 pm

I hope to God that us Elvis fans aren't solely commited to the victims of Hurricane Katarina in the US; the people in South Asia also need our help; this is a list of organizations commited to help the victims of the dreadful earthquake (please donate to at least one of them):

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/in ... stan_quake

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:00 pm

I hope this lack of feedback doesn't mean us Elvis fans don't give a c••• about people's suffering in other countries than US?

Please, at least someone post here and say that you have donated (which I of course hope you all do)

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:24 pm

I held a raffle for the Tsunami victims and the response was outstanding. So I for one would say that Elvis fans do care about those affected by disaster, no matter where they are.

Tom

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:19 pm

Did you hold a raffle for the victims of the major earthquake in the Middle East? ...well, why didn't you?

I am amazed at the lack of interest in this quake; there were some threads about the tsunami victims but none about the victims of the earthquake - but now there is one ...with very few replies

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:26 pm

I am more than willing to hold a raffle for these victims as well. How much can I put you down for???

Tom

P.S. Just a word of advice. If you want to be accepted here and treated with respect, you may want to drop that superior attitude you seem to have brought with you. We don't react well to newbies questioning our humanity and compassion. You're "new" here so why don't you ask before you start hurling unfounded and uneducated accusations our way.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:37 pm

Jth

I finally set up a monthly donation to the German Red Cross after this latest earthquake.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:17 pm

Jth wrote:
I hope this lack of feedback doesn't mean us Elvis fans don't give a c••• about people's suffering in other countries than US?

Nope...the lack of feedback is due to one of three things.

a. We're busy on the phone with the Red Cross.
b. We don't give a c*** about being preached to.
c. Both a and b.

I hope you enjoyed the "feedback".

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:58 pm

Good to hear Torben, but I stand by what I said

Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:57 pm

Well, bully for you. You're going to be real popular here as you're off to a stellar start. We always take it well when newbies arrogantly tell us what we're doing wrong with a condescending, holier-than-thou attitude. You'll fir it well.

Tom

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:49 pm

I guess things are a bit "cold" in Iceland, so for childish attention you came here.

Sorry, our tubes have been tied and we are not having anymore children, so back to playing with your penguins.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:22 am

Big Boss Man wrote:I guess things are a bit "cold" in Iceland, so for childish attention you came here.

Sorry, our tubes have been tied and we are not having anymore children, so back to playing with your penguins.

Err...... penguins come from the Southern Hemisphere !

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:27 am

Thanks for setting me straight Colin.

This goes to prove that if I'd just taken time to read National Geographic this mis-statement would not have happened.......I lower my head in shame :oops:
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:11 am

Big Boss Man wrote:
if I'd just taken time to read National Geographic

You mean instead of just heading right for the pygmy photos?

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:25 am

Eagle - I think your feathers are twisted....but I like them that way lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A classic photo; the guy on the left looks like Mo from the 3 Stooges!