Off Topic Messages

Favorite Album

Queen
0
No votes
Queen II
0
No votes
Sheer Heart Attack
3
27%
A Night At The Opera
1
9%
A Day At The Races
0
No votes
News Of The World
2
18%
Jazz
1
9%
The Game
1
9%
Flash Gordon
2
18%
Hot Space
1
9%
 
Total votes : 11

What's Your Favorite Queen Album?

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:21 am

+ these (it wouldn't allow me to have more in the poll)
The Works
A KInd Of Magic
The Miracle
Innuendo
Made In Heaven
Live Killers
Live At Wembley Stadium
The Return Of The Chapions (Queen + Paul Rodgers)
Greatest Hits 1
Greatest Hits 2
Greatest Hits 3


i have always liked them best in the 70's, and some of their best albums are Queen, Queen II, A Night At The Opera, A Day At The Races

but my overall favorite album is one of the most underrated of them all...Jazz
it's a shame it's so underrated, because it's a fine album

the same goes for Hot Space. great album, way to underrated

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:27 am

As a Queen fan of some 30 years, I rate 2 albums to be their best: A Night at the Opera for its sheer creativity, and Innuendo, also for its creativity but also its poignancy.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:30 am

Innuendo has long been a favorite, but the one I have listened to the most--worn it out, in fact--is Live at Wembley.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:39 am

All are very good but what immediatey came to my mind without reading the options was Live Killers.
Queen rocked in this concert!

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:38 am

he he wheres genesim for another argument :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:41 am

Hey, I've already done this poll! Are we allowed to do the same poll twice? Let's have a poll about it. :wink:

'Sheer Heart Attack' for me. The album that first got me into Queen. 8)

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:46 am

News Of The World....for the fabulous Spread Your Wings amongst others :D

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:24 am

From this list News of The World.... but really Live Killers

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:36 am

I got a DVD tonight called Queen On Fire.... holy cow! They are on fire this night in 1982! This is one of the best concert videos I have ever seen! Does anyone else have this set?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:28 am

JEFF d wrote:This is one of the best concert videos I have ever seen! Does anyone else have this set?

JEFF d
Elvis fan


Yes, and it's FANTASTIC... :!:

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:04 pm

JEFF d wrote:I got a DVD tonight called Queen On Fire.... holy cow! They are on fire this night in 1982! This is one of the best concert videos I have ever seen! Does anyone else have this set?

JEFF d
Elvis fan


Hey! I´ve watched this DVD last night :shock: :shock:
I think this is in England right? Milton Keynes Bowl or something like that. :lol:
Some highlights in the concert is Staying Power (what a great song!!), Play The Game live version is one of my Queen favorites of all time.
Fat Botommed Girls is a true rock song!
Action This Day has terrific drums and this is the only CD I found the song...

Best Regards!

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Jeff:

I too have this set. The gig is special to me because, in June 1982, I was actually living in Milton Keynes. Normally, this is not something I will admit to. My family moved to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne the following year. But, although I did not attend the Queen gig at the Bowl, I was able to open my bedroom window and hear the whole thing.

Staying Power, although it is not regarded as their best song by any means, does contain what is possibly one of Brian May's best guitar riffs. Fantastic.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:30 am

JEFF d wrote:I got a DVD tonight called Queen On Fire.... holy cow! They are on fire this night in 1982! This is one of the best concert videos I have ever seen! Does anyone else have this set?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

i have it too, it's awesome

Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:50 am

I have nothing against Queen. Though they are not better then KISS and not near as important to Rock N Roll. Just my opinion, but hey, the majority have spoken on this board. And....

Incidently. Though not technically an album. The original British Greatest Hits was well done. Of course the American incarnation was a joke.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:30 am

genesim wrote:
I have nothing against Queen. Though they are not better then KISS and not near as important to Rock N Roll. Just my opinion, but hey, the majority have spoken on this board. And....


Yes and...... why even make a reply to this post then?

Just trying to start more argueing again...

...this thread is for anyone wanting to talk a little bit about Queen, but you have to inject your negativity.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:33 am

Stephen Butler wrote:Jeff:

I too have this set. The gig is special to me because, in June 1982, I was actually living in Milton Keynes. Normally, this is not something I will admit to. My family moved to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne the following year. But, although I did not attend the Queen gig at the Bowl, I was able to open my bedroom window and hear the whole thing.

Staying Power, although it is not regarded as their best song by any means, does contain what is possibly one of Brian May's best guitar riffs. Fantastic.


That's really a cool story Stephen! I bet it was awesome hearing that concert from outside your window! Were you too young to go over and watch the concert?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:29 pm

I was responding to elvisjnr. Was it not my name mentioned first on this thread???

Jerry I'll take that apology now.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:54 pm

I'm going to "come out" as a former / dormant "Queen" fan. :D

I voted for "The GAME" as I loved it as a kid but "News of the World"
was my introduction when it came out. I liked and had all their stuff but jumped ship sometime in the '80s when they seemed to get too slick
for my tastes.

They sound better every year that they (or Freddie) is gone.