Off Topic Messages

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:27 pm

Rob wrote:Boy George and the Culture Club.


Well if the others also get caught with a ton of Cocaine, maybe they can.

Tom

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:33 pm

I heard about that a couple of days ago. That's why I named them.

I never was actually a fan of theirs.

Honest!

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:36 pm

JEFF d wrote:Whitesnake... the mid 80s version with John Sykes on guitar. JEFF d Elvis fan



Yes, especially if they promise to revive their series of steamy videos with a Tawny Kitaen-type hood ornament!

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:08 pm

KHoots wrote:Yes, especially if they promise to revive their series of steamy videos with a Tawny Kitaen-type hood ornament!


Yeah, before she went into her psychobitch, husband asskicking phase!

Image

Tom

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:12 pm

yuk ! that hag lost her sex appeal about 15 years ago.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:12 pm

Mmmm....Tawny Ki....oh no! what the hell is THAT?!?!?!?!?

RAAAALPHHHHH

:cry: ....ohhh....there go another pair of shoes....

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:28 pm

Yeah, what happened to this chick??:

Image

Tom

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:44 pm

My goodness, things are so bad for her that her nipples have turned black. A shame.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:48 pm

The Jam - would be awesome !

The Specials

Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:13 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing The Smith's get back together for a tour.

Tom

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:54 pm

I loved The Jam, but i would hate to see them get back together, Weller (his new album is superb by he way) did the right thing in splitting them when he did. Same thing with another of my fave bands The Smiths, when its over, its over. Just look at how bad New Order look and sound recently.

By the way Delboy, Ronnie Laine of The Faces popped his clogs quite some time ago, so that rules The Faces out.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:54 pm

Boy, you guys have picked some pretty shitty bands for a bunch of 'Elvis' fans. Crappy, soul-less pop drivel for the most part. IMO (natch)

The band I'd most like to see reform?
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL

Now that, my friends, is what I call a band. (And El liked 'em too.)

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:41 am

The Blue Moon Boys: Scotty, Bill and some other dude.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:51 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:Boy, you guys have picked some pretty shitty bands for a bunch of 'Elvis' fans. Crappy, soul-less pop drivel for the most part. IMO (natch)

The band I'd most like to see reform?
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL

Now that, my friends, is what I call a band. (And El liked 'em too.)


Well apart from the fact that Tom Fogerty is dead, and that John can't bring himself to play with the other two... I can't see this happening.

As for your other comments - why don't you go and troll some other place where people are maybe dumb enough not to see you for the blowhard you are?

:roll:

Jules

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:42 pm

Genesis
KISS (yes, again all the 4 originals)
Talking Heads
GnR
Supertramp
Level 42
K.C. and the Sunshine Band
Hot Chocolate

Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:33 pm

The original members of Lynyrd Skynyrd reuniting would be cool. (I know, I know. Death got in the way. But it's my wish to see it happen)

Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:28 pm

A full scale Pink Floyd reunion may have the most potential with regards to their ability to still create viable music in the studio and obviously on stage.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:09 pm

What was I thinking?? VAN HALEN of course, with Diamond Dave!

ps Never was much of a fan of Whitesnake videos or Coverdales girlfriends..... yea she is a a train wreck crack head now!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:23 am

What was I thinking?? VAN HALEN of course, with Diamond Dave!


That would be a cool reunion. Time is ticking away though. Edward Van Halen is basically nuts right now, so it is hard to imagine him wanting to collaborate with Roth.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:50 am

familyjules wrote:
Tits McGhee wrote:Boy, you guys have picked some pretty shitty bands for a bunch of 'Elvis' fans. Crappy, soul-less pop drivel for the most part. IMO (natch)

The band I'd most like to see reform?
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL

Now that, my friends, is what I call a band. (And El liked 'em too.)


Well apart from the fact that Tom Fogerty is dead, and that John can't bring himself to play with the other two... I can't see this happening.

As for your other comments - why don't you go and troll some other place where people are maybe dumb enough not to see you for the blowhard you are?

Oooooh, and who rattled your cage? I though this mb was a place for people's opinions. So does that mean I can't have my say because you don't agree with it? My point was perfectly valid. Some of the crap mentioned here - The Smiths, Pink Floyd (you gotta be kiddin'!), Whitesnake etc. - doesn't bare thinking about. Soul-less, high octane bollocks.
And your comments about Creedence suck just as much.
1) I thought this was a 'fantasy' thread anyway, so it doesn't matter if all the group members are still living or not.
2) Creedence continued as a band after Tom Fogerty left anyway, so I'd settle for them as a three-piece.
3) All of this makes me realise what an obviously ill-informed twat you are.
Goodnight

Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:30 pm

Christ..........talk about taking things too seriously....lol

Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:44 pm

Ezz,
I agree. I've noticed that Tits' posts have started taking on a much darker tone lately. Hopefully, Tits will firm up and stand out. Tits usually has some nice points and I, for one, would like to see them again.

Tom

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:32 pm

Tits here, Tom. Glad you like my points. Don't ever mean to cause offence, but you'll note that Family Jules called me a "blowhard" before I called him / her a "twat".
So anyway, back to the subject at hand and another band I'd like to see reform.
BILLY RILEY & THE LITTLE GREEN MEN
All of the various original members are all still alive, so I won't be needing a shovel.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:45 pm

Grand Funk Railroad
The James Gang


Sincerely MB280E