Off Topic Messages

Which band would you like to see re-form??

Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:48 pm

Ideally the full, original line up should be available. I'd like to see Guns 'n Roses. I think the 10 years Axl Rose has spent doing nothing is just a waste. I think there's still some potential there.

Your picks?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:51 pm

The Beatles, anybody got a shovel??

Tom

Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:34 pm

A good poll this could have been.......

Maybe INXS?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:57 pm

Delboy -

We need a little clarification here.

Is this to be a fantasy line-up, or do they all have to be alive ?

Oh, I see you already mentioned the original members have to be 'available'.

Guess that answers my question, but it cuts down the possibilities a tad !

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:01 pm

renanagulled wrote:Maybe INXS?

Renan,

INXS have made an attempt (sort of) to re-form by having a reality show on VH1 to choose a new singer to replace Michael Hutchence. The series is over but I didn't follow it so don't know successful the show was.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:08 pm

Colin,

True, but it makes it more viable. Here's some possibilities:

Guns 'n Roses
The Faces
Pink Floyd
Cream
ABBA
Take That [Who cares? - The Management]

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:13 pm

What about The Captain & Tennille or the Monkees?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:20 pm

Delboy -

Right !

Err..... I think maybe Pink Floyd have beaten you to it !

Wot about Marty Wilde & The Wildcats ?

Joe Brown & The Bruvvers ?

Haven't quite got the hang of this, have I ?
Last edited by ColinB on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:21 pm

Journey.......Tesla.......Dave Clark Five........Tommy James and the Shondells.........Ike & Tina ?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:27 pm

Jesse Garon wrote:Ike & Tina ?

I don't know about a musical reunion, but it would make one hell of a pay per view fight! :lol: Somebody get this idea to Don King pronto!

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:31 pm

ColinB wrote:Err..... I think maybe Pink Floyd have beaten you to it !

Yeah! I was thinking more an album and tour etc more than one-off gigs. The Pink Floyd reunion at 'Live 8' was pretty cool though.

What about Cliff and The Shadows? How could they possibly not make your list?? :? :wink:

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:19 pm

The Partridge Family! :oops:

:P

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:21 pm

Delboy wrote:
INXS have made an attempt (sort of) to re-form by having a reality show on VH1 to choose a new singer to replace Michael Hutchence. The series is over but I didn't follow it so don't know successful the show was.

It was a smashing success ...until they asked the new lead singer if he wanted to try auto erotic asphyxiation.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:54 am

The Pink Floyd reunion at 'Live 8' was pretty cool though.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:20 am

sam wrote:The Partridge Family! :oops: :P

Great idea, Sam, but I've seen the VH1 show, "Breaking Bonaduce," and it appears the band's bass player has a few other issues to deal with these days!

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:21 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:The Beatles, anybody got a shovel??

Tom

Metal detector will help first, then a shovel...

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:24 am

I don't mean to brag, but I was there for Pink Floyd at Hyde Park, and it was more than cool, it was absolutely funkin' awesome.

Actually, Live 8 got me thinking. Much was made of Geldof's success at getting all four members of the Floyd on stage (even the fifth member. Syd Barrett, was there via a mention from Roger Waters), but a there were a couple of other acts there who could have performed with all the original members. One was Robbie Williams and Take That, and the other was Sting and The Police. It seems neither egotistical solo artist could have swallowed their pride and performed with their original band mates.

Also, Ringo Starr went on record to express his disappointment at not being asked by McCartney to play in his band. Annie Lennox did not reform the Eurythmics, even though they reformed in 1999 (I saw them twice that year). Velvet Revolver were basically Guns 'n' Roses without Axl Rose, Pete Doherty also performed without either his former band The Libertines or current band Babyshambles (he also performed without any sense whatsoever). Richard Ashcroft played without any of the former members of The Verve. Geldof himself obviously couldn't get The Boomtown Rats together, perhaps the biggest irony of the whole day.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:40 am

Personally I would love to see Dion and the Belmonts get back together for another reunion concert. It's been 33 years since the last one which was simply magical (at least by the testimony of those who were there and the album made from the concert). They're all alive and Dion is still singing great.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:03 am

The Animals. Cracking band in their day.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:32 am

Boy George and the Culture Club.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:44 am

Stephen Butler wrote:Sting and The Police.

I forgot about The Police. 8) I'd love to see those get back for an album and tour.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:36 am

Rainbow
ABBA
Gary Moore, back to the rock years (I know, its not a comeback...but still)

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:10 am

I was there for Pink Floyd at Hyde Park, and it was more than cool, it was absolutely funkin' awesome.

Hee! Hee! Hee!

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:19 am

Whitesnake... the mid 80s version with John Sykes on guitar. Also the Police would be very cool!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:06 pm

The Waterboys 1989 lineup for me.

A more lasting Pink Floyd reunion would also be nice.

Oh and I'd like to see The Kinks back together for at least a tour.

Jules