Off Topic Messages

Time For A 3rd Party

Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:48 pm

Unlike many friends and family members, I have always been an Independant minded person when it comes to politics. I've always voted and supported candidates whom I felt (based on their plans, visions, and record) would be the best person for the job, regardless of what political party they belonged to.

Unfortunately, I continue to find myself getting more and more "p.o'd" at elected officials each day, both on the local level and federal level. I mean it's gotten to where both parties are almost identical (in some fashions). I mean they operate on the same premise (forget about helping the average citizen and doing what's best for the city/state/country; just concentrate on the big $$ people and don't do anything that will hinder you're getting re-elected!)

I think it's time we here in the U.S.A. launch an effort to bring a 3rd political party in to the mix. A party that will do what's right for our people and not pander to the special interests and mega wealthy.

I guess I'm probably dreaming here, but like Elvis said in the song "why can't my dream come true."

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:45 pm

I think your right Big Boss Man ! These days BIG $$$$ has a huge influence over policies and it is usually the people who are placed last ! Extreme capitalism is replacing democracy ! It seems that many US companies are selling out to the Chinese to make a quick buck ! Won't this have serious radifications for your country in the future?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:55 pm

BBM -

A third party ?

I never got an invite to the first two !

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Colin you are always invited to my parties....be sure and bring along your rubber chicken - always makes for good laughs after about 10 shots of tequila :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:19 pm

After a few, you would be surprised what Colin gets up to with a rubber chicken ! I guess it's cheaper than one of those inflatable dolls, hey Colin :shock: :oops: