Off Topic Messages

The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:09 pm

No, it's not The Curtis Simpkins Story

Universal has provided us with early details on The 40-Year-Old Virgin which stars the likes of Steve Carell, Catherine Keener and Paul Rudd. This brand new comedy will be available to own in seperate rated, and unrated editions from the 13th December this year, priced at around $29.98 a piece. The 1 hour 57 minute rated cut will be available to own in full frame only, whereas the unrated edition will carry an anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with an extra sixteen minutes of footage. Both discs will carry English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks.

Tom

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:29 pm

One of two movies recently that immediately after leaving the theater, I said, "I can't wait for the DVD."

I'm certain there are going to be some great extra material on this disc -- outtakes, cut scenes, etc.

I know everybody's saying it now, but it's true: Movies like this are what have been too rare at theaters these days. Mainstream light comedies that grown-ups can enjoy.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:39 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:One of two movies recently that immediately after leaving the theater, I said, "I can't wait for the DVD."

Was the other one Wedding Crashers, by any chance. I remember saying to my wife while leaving the theater, "the dvd is going to be awesome". The "uncorked" (unrated) version of this one streets January 3rd.

Tom

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:41 pm

You guessed right. Good call -- and good taste in movies. With Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, you know there's got to be a lot of good stuff left over.
Last edited by elvissessions on Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:41 pm

I thought so.

Tom

Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:08 pm

I'm boycotting "The 40 Year Old Virgin". Damn plagiarists!!!!

What the hell am I supposed to title my autobiography now???

Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:38 pm

Scatter wrote:I'm boycotting "The 40 Year Old Virgin". Damn plagiarists!!!!

What the hell am I supposed to title my autobiography now???

You and me both Scatter :oops: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:10 pm

"That horse was really giving it to her, you know what i mean ?"