Off Topic Messages

Lost

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:03 pm

OK, I admit it, I didn't watch this show at all last season. I blind bought the first season DVD set and am now hooked. Can I be the only one on here who loves this show???

Tom

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:13 pm

In Belgium LOST is now aired on TV every week , last monday was episode 5 First Season, i really love it !! There are some scary scenes in it , like when Jack chased his dead father in the woods and then checked his coffin on the island and guess what ? .. the coffin was empty..

Dennis.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:15 pm

Dennis,
You ain't seen nothing yet!!!

Tom

Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:16 pm

great series,new episode on British TV tonight,can't wait.
American TV is going through a purple patch at the moment
with some great shows like Deadwood,The Shield and 24.
Fantastic stuff,better than most Hollywood movies at the moment

norrie

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:02 am

Carolynlm,

I'm waiting to see how they possibly bring Jack back for this season. Didn't he "pull an Elvis" last year? :wink:

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:55 am

Oops...heh heh. Didn't mean to give anything away there. You'll be glad to know that there's plenty more whispering ahead...enjoy.

You're right, though. It sounds like you're watching last season, which ended for us...I think, around February or so. We're looking forward to the next season of 24 very much.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:19 am

I really liked 24 for awhile, but that damn kid of his just got on my nerves and I quit watching. Maybe I should give it a try again on DVD and fast forward through her parts.

Tom

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Yeah, Lost is GREAT! Last night, the last episode of season 1 was aired here in Sweden. The second season starts next week and I can't wait to find out about all these weird things that happens on this deleted - see guidelines #2 island! (I admit to being a little afraid to open this thread, thinking that Tom was about to tell us about things that happens in the second season.)

I don't think it's a good idea for me to discuss certain episodes and characters, though, because that would spoil the fun for those who haven't seen season 1 yet.

Lost, Six Feet Under, Homicide: Life On The Streets, Sopranos... Americans sure know how to produce TV series. Homicide would be my favourite ever.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:44 am

If you don't like ABBA, be prepared to be afraid, very afraid.

I haven't watched the 24's since the first season because I don't want to watch them out of sequence... I hope to find them repeated on FX or something, but starting from season 1, as I don't want to miss anything.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:21 am

Not too many foreign shows are shown here that I can think ofl. Those that are are usually British and found on PBS or BBC America.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:35 am

BETTER than USA CRAP...

Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:00 am

iamhekev wrote:BETTER than USA CRAP...

You tell 'em Kev!!! :D

8)

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:35 pm

HEY!!!!! Nobody can call our crap crap, but us. Don't like it?, then just watch the latest episode of American Martyr on Al-Jazeera Television.

Tom

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:40 pm

There's a reason why foreign shows aren't shown here: THEY DON"T SPEAK ENGLISH! And as for Scottish or Aussie shows, give us a break would ya? We have a hard enough time trying to understand the Brit shows we get! :lol:

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:06 pm

TV shows have surpassed most mainstream feature films, as far as quality goes. The storylines spread out, the layers, character background and depth, it is all there. Most material that HBO and other networks are constantly putting out is incredible. Some of the shows make Dallas and Denver Clan scheming look tame. TV is telling the real life stories, that Hollywood films used to tell back in the days, whereas today that output is usually a bunch of CGI crap and mindless plot. Golden TV Age it is, I'd even go as far as say there has been a shift of power in Tinsel Town.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:20 pm

Tom...

When in god"s earth,is there going to be a box set of BILKO? (tv show,not that bullshit of a movie)

Now that is CLASS.

As for not understanding oz or scots/uk tv?...who cares.

:P

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:58 am

Kev,
Look for that classic Phil Silvers show in mid 2006.

Tom

Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:09 am

Classic...

Sure is.

Thank you for that great news Tom.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:57 am

Carolyn -

You wrote:
Scotch, it's not foreign....it's Australian

Yes, Scotch, come off it !

Foreign indeed !

Alien, more like.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:18 am

If I hear someone speak in a "foreign" accent, that either could be Aussie or British, I also ask if they are from the U.K.
Aussies are delighted that they sound like those from the mother country and the British are delighted I didn't guess they were from bloody Australia. :lol:

Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:29 am

scotch wrote: I also ask if they are from the U.K.
Aussies are delighted that they sound like those from the mother country and the British are delighted I didn't guess they were from bloody Australia. :lol:

I find that hard to believe...I would think the ozzies would have your guts for garters!!!! :wink:

:P

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:07 pm

i watched the season premiere of season 1's lost...i like dom monaghan and i enjoyed the chubby guy...but the rest of the characters...meh. and the plots seem to stretch on forever... i did catch about 10 minutes of an episode the other day...the one with the chubby guy running through the airport trying to get on the plane... i was in stitches.

only thing i'm really watching closely this season is bones, and that's mostly because i'm on angel detox (so much better than buffy--damn wb!). david boreanaz (angel) is doing really good on that show. the ensemble cast works really well together. best scene yet is the restaurant scene where the squints pile in the booth surrounding db and they are all discussing a particularly grotesque corpse by the name of nestor in the 3rd episode that resembles jasmine's maggot face crossed with the inca mummy girl of jossverse fame. the head falling off that thing made me want to puke! :lol:

::view of nestor hanging up in a tree with birds pecking at him::
"heads up."
::tempe catches nestor's head when it falls off the body::
...line about needing a bag. (?)
::the body falls::
"we're going to need a bigger bag."

yeah, definitely amused with bones right now.

james marsters (spike) is playing professor milton fine a.k.a. brainiac on smallville this season. i tuned in (i watch a lot of abc family reruns of the show) for a current episode last week, though james wasn't in that episode...

yeah, i agree, tv is doing a better job at telling stories than movies are today. check out angel: the series for proof of that. it's totally theatrical and there's some amazing storylines there... the show had the habit of season long arcs (season 4 hardly has any filler episodes at all) and series long stuff that got brought up again and again (the shanshu prophecy, which still hasn't been resolved, and we got introduced to it in the first season)...

ok, i'll shut off my love for btvs/ats... but damn, are they good.

lost moves a little too slowly for my taste...the hours seem longer somehow than a lot of other shows. and they have so many characters that it's not a couple of characters in a tight group that you spend the whole time with. it's like the show goes off on different characters. and there seems to be a lot of finding wreckage scenes. without a doubt the most enertaining thing i've seen of the show was the chubby guy running through the airport trying to catch the plane--that's definitely my kind of humor.

hmm...what else is on tv of late...???