Off Topic Messages

Bon Jovi...still incredibly successful!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:52 am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BON JOVI ACHIEVES CAREER-HIGH FOR FIRST WEEK ALBUM SALES WITH HAVE A NICE DAY – 201,881 UNITS!!

ALBUM IS #1 IN JAPAN, AUSTRALIA, HOLLAND, AUSTRIA, GERMANY & CANADA, #2 IN U.K. – “HAVE A NICE DAY” IS TOP 10 SINGLE IN EUROPE

(Sept. 28, 2005 – New York, NY) Boosted by a non-stop week of television, radio, satellite and Internet media events, Island recording group Bon Jovi debuts with a blaze of glory on the Billboard 200 Albums chart this week, as "HAVE A NICE DAY" enters at #2 with first week sales of 201,881 units, besting the band’s previous first-week peak of 159,000 units for Bounce in 2002.

"Bon Jovi's record-setting first week sales for HAVE A NICE DAY is proof that there is no substitute for having the most loyal, steadfast fan base in the world on your side," said Steve Bartels, president, Island Records & COO, Island Def Jam Music Group. "At the same time, the IDJ staff across the country and around the world has pushed open every door to insure that the new album's exposure would be second-to-none in Bon Jovi history. All the elements came together and the results are the talk of the industry in North America, Europe and Asia. Rock lives!"

Around the world, sales results indicate an equally impressive first week. HAVE A NICE DAY was certified platinum overnight in Japan, and enters at #1, making Bon Jovi one of only three international acts to achieve three # 1 albums in that country (Beatles, Bay City Rollers). The album also debuts at #1 in Australia, Holland, Austria, Germany and Canada, and #2 in the U.K., while the song, “Have A Nice Day” is #6 on the Billboard Europe chart and #14 most-played on the European airplay chart. Overall, the single is top 10 in Australia, Austria, Germany, Holland, Italy, Japan, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K.

Bon Jovi’s “Have A Nice Day” single arrived at radio on July 18th, and the video premiered at AOL “First View” a month later. After receiving the Diamond Award at the World Music Awards in August, the band rolled into September – performing a sold-out concert at the Nokia Theater Times Square, which was simulcast via Network Live to AOL and XM Radio, and was beamed to more than 100 movie theaters across the country. Also that night from Nokia, the band taped a performance and special message that aired during ABC’s “Monday Night Football” to help the network raise funds for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Bon Jovi was seen and heard throughout September on Clear Channel Online Music and Radio’s “Sneak Peek,” CMT’s “Crossroads” (with Sugar­land), “The Howard Stern Show,” “The Today Show,” and “The CBS Early Show.” “AOL Sessions” is slated for October.

Bon Jovi’s hour-long Oprah appearance during the show’s 20th season premiere week opened with performances of “It’s My Life” and “You Give Love a Bad Name,” and closed with “Have A Nice Day.” In between, Jon’s interview with Oprah was enhanced by taped segments of the Jersey native in some of the places closest to his heart; in Philly with members of his Philadelphia Soul Arena Football team; the band’s recording studio at Jon’s New Jersey home; and the Northern Home For Children where Jon donates time and resources. In appreciation for Oprah’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina and in the spirit of giving that defines them, Jon presented Oprah with a million dollar check on behalf of the entire band to aid her Angel Network’s ongoing hurricane relief efforts. The show concluded with the audience receiving tickets to the HAVE A NICE DAY World Tour concert in Chicago on November 4th (itinerary below).

A massive promotion on MLB.com – representing 31 major league baseball sites (as well as the MinorLeagueBaseball.com home page) – ran in September leading up to the in-store date. An estimated 150,000,000 visitors were treated to song previews, free downloads, a full-length video stream of “Have A Nice Day,” and access to photos, wallpaper, autographed memorabilia, contests, auctions, polls, and a baseball cap purchase offer. They were also able to register to win free album download vouchers and a grand prize ‘fly-away’ sweepstakes to opening night of the tour. Meanwhile, Smirkwatch.com provides the band’s CD-cover image to fans who have spread the image around the Internet.

A special deluxe limited edition Dual Disc configuration of HAVE A NICE DAY is the first Dual Disc ever issued by the Island Def Jam Music Group. The two-layer (CD and DVD) Dual Disc technology features the entire album in High Resolution 5.1 Surround Sound stereo on the CD layer. The DVD layer will contain five songs in-concert from Bon Jovi’s home state of New Jersey, in 2004; as well as the “Have A Nice Day” video clip, and an EPK that takes you behind the scenes.

At http://www.bonjovi.com, the video for “Have A Nice Day” may be viewed and fans can also hear the full-length version of “Last Man Standing.” There is also information on purchasing the “Have A Nice Day” download, as well as Realtone for cell phones, and other news and surprises.

HAVE A NICE DAY is Bon Jovi’s first album of new material since 2002’s Bounce. In 2003, the band released This Left Feels Right, an acoustic/eclectic reworking of their biggest hits. The band’s most recent release was November 2004’s 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can’t Be Wrong… a career-spanning deluxe 5-disc box set (4 CDs plus bonus DVD), comprised almost entirely of never-before-released materials culled from the band’s extensive archives.

and to think, many thought they wouldn't get past 1989 and that hair... :wink:

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:43 am

I want to get their new CD. I haven't bought a Bon Jovi CD in ages, but I do put on their discs from time to time. I happened to catch them on Oprah show.... they were really good live... and they still looked like they had their sh*t together unlike so many of the 80s hair bands(ie Motley Crue who look like hell and sound worse LOL)... anyways I think they are pretty good. Not my favs, but still good. I would go see them in concert if they came to Tulsa.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:22 pm

i,ve got my tickets for the London Show at the new Wembley.Cant wait.

Get the Crush Tour DVD. It rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean

Re: Bon Jovi...still incredibly successful!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:30 pm

minkahed wrote:...Bon Jovi’s hour-long Oprah appearance during the show’s 20th season premiere week opened with performances of “It’s My Life” and “You Give Love a Bad Name,” and closed with “Have A Nice Day.” ...

I didn't see Bon Jovi's appearance on Oprah, but I assume the Big O gave us her legendary reaction shots to most of her musical guests: Say repeatedly how much she loooooves ________(fill in artist/band), then try in vain to sing along to songs, the lyrics of which she has no clue. I love that about her!

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:24 pm

Not really a fan at all but I couldn't miss him in the '80s.

I blame my kid sister. :evil:

Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:04 am

Yeah right Jeff. I'll take Motley over Bon Wussy in any day.

We gotta hold on to what we got....... BLAM. There that cd goes out the window.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:22 am

gimme a break...

You definetely got issues gene, if someone doesn't like or agree with your style and tastes, you jus dismiss it all...

Bon Jovi was, and still iz kool, and their latest disc, currently at #2 in the U.S., is really good...

I've seen Bon Jovi crowds make Motley Crue crowds look old and tired and buleeve me, I'd take Crue over Jovi any day of the week :!:

yeh, Bon wussy, you're a real tuff guy geno... :roll:

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:57 am

Ok geno.... scratch out Motley in my post and plug in W.A.S.P.(as bad hair band example)... or are you defencive about them too??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be strong and shout at the devil! lol :twisted:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:04 pm

genesim wrote:Yeah right Jeff. I'll take Motley over Bon Wussy in any day.

We gotta hold on to what we got....... BLAM. There that cd goes out the window.

:lol:

Sincerely MB280E

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:59 am

There is something comical about two people debating the musical merits between Motley Crue and Bon Jovi. :?

Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:02 am

minkahed wrote:You definetely got issues gene, if someone doesn't like or agree with your style and tastes, you jus dismiss it all...

You say I have issues if I don't agree with you? Dude, I stated my opinion. Gee, not allowed, but Jeffrey's comment is ok???

There is nothing wrong with Crue, and yes Bon Jovi is wuss music.

Real rock vs contrived sell out.

Still I applaud musicians being successful over the pop crap that is ruling the charts today.

p.s. I am a real tough guy, I lay odds that I would kick all your asses. I can tell by the demographic on that one. lol

Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:03 am

midnightx wrote:There is something comical about two people debating the musical merits between Motley Crue and Bon Jovi. :?

Here, here, but I have to stick up for Mink's obvious affection for the band, no matter what some of us think. This is obviously
a "For Bon Jovi Fans Only"thread, so tread with care and basic
respect for your fellow fan who has different tastes from you. I'd have
less a problem with your comment but for what follows:

genesim wrote:
p.s. I am a real tough guy, I lay odds that I would kick all your asses. I can tell by the demographic on that one. lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

As usual, Genesim, you're way out of line, as usual, "tough guy."

Read the guidelines or get lost, Internet Big Shot.
Or maybe it'll be done for you.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:33 am

Oh really...I didn't see the sign that said that.

Perhaps maybe the same should be treated of my threads. HMMMMM Nahhh that would never happen. :roll: :roll:

As for the kicking all your asses...sorry if it rings true, but to be honest I wasn't serious. There just isn't enough time in the day for all that.

As for my time being short. Well if that is the way it is, then I am not afraid of it. It wouldn't suprise me at this point. I have tried to be nice and it is clear that many want to continue to attack with no reason.

Of course you Greg are blind to this fact because you are one of the people that would condone such behavior.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:49 am

genesim wrote:Oh really...I didn't see the sign that said that.

Perhaps maybe the same should be treated of my threads. HMMMMM Nahhh that would never happen. :roll: :roll:

As for the kicking all your asses...sorry if it rings true, but to be honest I wasn't serious. There just isn't enough time in the day for all that.

As for my time being short. Well if that is the way it is, then I am not afraid of it. It wouldn't suprise me at this point. I have tried to be nice and it is clear that many want to continue to attack with no reason.

Of course you Greg are blind to this fact because you are one of the people that would condone such behavior.

Huh? Hey , I share some of your opinion on 'Jovi but some of us
don't have time to figure out when you are "kidding around."

I don't mean to jump ugly here (I dislike Jovi AND Judas Priest, Motley Crue, AND Kiss, if truth be known) but I thought a response was merited.
I'll let Mink fight his own battles, but really, between you and
Tits McGhee (never seen in the same room yet!), I"m beginning to wonder..

Anyway, carry on. I shouldn't break up a Jovi vs. Kiss thread.
What am I doing here anyway? See you elsewhere. :oops:

Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:54 am

:::pointing to (genesims) post above::: What a whack job.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:26 pm

Jeff D, you calling me a whack job is like the Pope accusing someone of being catholic! :roll:

Greg,

Your missing out on some great music. Even with Jovi. They are a great band...just not my taste.

Still New Jersey was an excellent album. Ahh the good ol days where people actually had heart with their music. Perhaps Van Halen should give DAVE another shot.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:36 am

genesim wrote:Greg,

Your missing out on some great music. Even with Jovi. They are a great band...just not my taste.

Still New Jersey was an excellent album. Ahh the good ol days where people actually had heart with their music. Perhaps Van Halen should give DAVE another shot.

see, wuz that so hard :?:

Fair comments and good post geno...

Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:17 pm

I'll let Mink fight his own battles, but really, between you and
Tits McGhee (never seen in the same room yet!), I"m beginning to wonder..

Gregory, I just wandered in here and saw this. I can assure you I'm not Genisism or whatever that guy with the Kiss thing calls himself. I've looked at a few of his posts and haven't got a clue what he's going on about half the time. So he ain't me and I ain't him. Dig?

Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:26 pm

Just out of curisity...what is a "Tits McGhee". Excuse my ignorance, but I really don't know.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:57 am

genesim wrote:Just out of curisity...what is a "Tits McGhee". Excuse my ignorance, but I really don't know.

Out of "curisity"? Hmmmm. What is a Tits McGhee? It is a very rare species. It has strong opinions, it loves Elvis - the music and man, not the jumpsuits and all the other crap. It's not obsessed with trying to make other species agree with everything it likes or dislikes. It has been an Elvis fan for 35 years and has a very large collection of original vinyl and CDs (both legel and otherwise) - but doesn't feel the need to brag about it like some others do. It has visited Elvis' home town on many occasions, but never goes in January and August when the loonies are at large. ("Hey! Don't I look just like The King in this jumpsuit?" / "No you don't, you look like a twat, mate.") It has a sense of humour which some might take the wrong way. It would never purposely upset any other species but is perfectly able to defend itself when needs be. It has also now figured out that it needs to put IMO at the end of every posting. It is very close to extinction as it's a rare species and there are very few left.

And the only Gene Simmons it digs is the real one who recorded for Sun in the '50s. IMO

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:27 am

Hey man, I just asked. Thought it to be a strange name. If you don't care for Gene Simmons, that is a YP not a MP.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:32 am

MP stands for Military Policeman where I come from. And YP? Yellow Penis?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:33 am

Oh I got it, I know what you stand for now. Thx for clearing it up.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:47 am

I guess I'm just an emotional athlete.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:16 am

Is genesim making more friends on the board!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan