Another Stake Out
Sex in the City-Seasons 1-5
CSI-Seasons 1,3 and 4
Ice Age-SE
Pajama Game
The Amityville Horror-2005
The Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection
Kolchak-The Night Stalker
The Val Lewton Horror Collection (Cat People / The Curse of the Cat People / I Walked with a Zombie / The Body Snatcher / Isle of the Dead / Bedlam / The Leopard Man / The Ghost Ship / The Seventh Victim / Shadows in the Dark)
Dracula A.D. 1972
Night of the Lepus
The Fly (1986)-Collector's Edition
The Fly II-Collector's Edition
The Fog-Special Edition
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
The Warriors-The Ultimate Director's Cut
Santa Claus-The Movie (20th Anniversary Edition)

Tom

Next week, look for:

Hondo-SE
McLintock!-SE
South Park-Season 6
Soap-Season 4
Unleashed-Unrated SE
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT-SEASON 2!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:11 am

Hondo-SE....

Looking forward to this rare issue (to say the least).

Duke waynes oldest son owned this movie and had trouble getting it issued?

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:26 am

I picked up:

Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Val Lewton Collection
Star Trek: Nemesis
Stargate SG-1 Season 8
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Thing From Another World (I know it's not new)

jeff R

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:52 am

Tom, please tell me Sex in the City is for the wife! :wink:
I've picked up The Outsiders special edition and Elvis and June. The first hasn't arrived yet though.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:43 am

For A Few Dollars More

And, err... that's about it. I knew I had to buy that one when I watched "Once Upon A Time In The West" a couple of weeks ago. What a fantastic movie. I'm also fixin' to buy "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". I finished the book last week. I'm in love with those characters! McMurphy for President.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:50 am

This is what I have gotten as of late:

Hammer Horror Classics Collection
The Hammer Horror Series
The Outsiders-The Complete Novel
To Catch A Thief
Rolling Stones-Four Flicks
Roseanne Season One

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Re: In the Basket 10/4-10

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:55 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
The Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection

Tom, what all is on this? I may have to check this out, is it a new set?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:24 pm

TJ wrote:Tom, please tell me Sex in the City is for the wife!

ImageIn a way!Image

Tom

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:30 pm

Have been counting the days for the release of McLintock SE! :D

If it's quality is anything like the previous dvd's from The Duke, then it's really going to be a treat to watch! :D
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:35 pm

BBM,
The sound and video quality are going to blow you away. Batjac did an outstanding job with these releases.

Tom

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:38 pm

Tom, any word on a SE version for any of these John Wayne films:

The Green Berets, True Grit, Chisum, Rio Lobo, Cahill U.S. Marshal, or Big Jake?

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:49 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Tom, any word on a SE version for any of these John Wayne films:

The Green Berets, True Grit, Chisum, Rio Lobo, Cahill U.S. Marshal, or Big Jake?

I've heard rumblings about a SE of Green Berets, but I thinks that's just to get the whole movie on a single sided disc. I spoke with Andrew McLaglen, who directed Cahill and Chisum and several other Wayne flicks, recently and he was unaware of any special editions of his films in the works. The current editions of all of these films are actually very, nice. Andrew's commentary on Cahill and Chisum is well worth a listen. He's old style Hollywood and it comes out in his stories and comments.

Tom

Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:04 pm

Hey Tom,

If you are aware, do any of the Hitchcock films on the new set fearture new tranfers? Or, are they the same video/audio quality that was on the original releases? I haven't come across any reviews on the net regarding the transfers. As always, thanx much.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:06 pm

PikeBishop67 wrote:Hey Tom,

If you are aware, do any of the Hitchcock films on the new set fearture new tranfers? Or, are they the same video/audio quality that was on the original releases? I haven't come across any reviews on the net regarding the transfers. As always, thanx much.

Pike,
It was my understanding that new transfers were to be used, but I haven't watched any of the films yet, so I can't comment on quality.

Add The Gilmore Girls-Season 1 and 2 to my list ($18.88 each at Target!!!!)

Tom

Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:40 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
PikeBishop67 wrote:Hey Tom,

Pike,
It was my understanding that new transfers were to be used, but I haven't watched any of the films yet, so I can't comment on quality.

Add The Gilmore Girls-Season 1 and 2 to my list ($18.88 each at Target!!!!)

Tom

Thanx, Tom. I seem to remember hearing contradicting stories when the release was announced. Some sites said new transfers, some said nothing was announced regarding new transfers. Oh well, looks like a huge double dip as I purchased most of the other titles from the first release. :evil:

Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:44 pm

Bewitched season 1
Firefox
Icecastles

We need to start up a "In The Basket" cd version of this. It would be interesting to see what other artists you guys/gals are picking up other then Elvis.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:25 am

SM,
Seems like we did try a CD version of "In The Basket" a couple of times and it........................wait a minute.......................did you really buy Ice Castles on DVD???????? The one from '78 with Robby Benson??? I'm sorry, but I'm going to need a moment here. Nope, I'm done.

Tom

Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:32 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:.did you really buy Ice Castles on DVD???????? The one from '78 with Robby Benson??? I'm sorry, but I'm going to need a moment here. Nope, I'm done.

Tom

:lol: :lol:
Yes,that would be the one Tom.
It's for the girlfriend.....honestly.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:56 am

SuspiciousMinds wrote:Yes,that would be the one Tom.
It's for the girlfriend.....honestly.

Not to worry, my wife has an entire shelf in our media room. Do you honestly think that I wanted to buy Steel Magnolias and Beaches???? :wink:

Tom

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:19 am

I picked up "The Best of Abbott and Costello Vol. 4", "The Ultimate Beverly Hillbillies", and "Halloween". I ordered the Lewton set more than a week ago but it has yet to arrive.

I don't think "Green Berets" merits an SE. It is definitely one of Wayne's lesser films.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:58 pm

likethebike wrote:I don't think "Green Berets" merits an SE. It is definitely one of Wayne's lesser films.

I have to agree. This one and Hellfighters never really did much for me at all. Can't say exactly why, though.

Tom