Off Topic Messages

Selling on eBay

Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:46 pm

I've been selling off a lot of my duplicate Elvis items recently (ID-tjbinnc) on eBay and have been amazed at what people will pay for things. I mean this from both how much and how little folks will pay. Items that I thought would bring in big bucks went for peanuts and the ones that I started at next to nothing sold for tons. Go figure. Of course, my favorite time is the last few minutes (or in some cases, seconds) when the bidding goes nuts. As a buyer, I love this time as well as you try to outbid someone as the seconds tick by to the end. I have no idea where I was going with this, so maybe I'll just end it with..........

Tom

Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:34 pm

Tom -

I've never sold on e-bay, only bought !

I guess people will pay top price for things they don't have but want and can't get elsewhere !

Like any auction, if more than one buyer sets his mind on winning, the price rockets !

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:55 pm

I can't live without eBay. I am seriously addicted. Fact is, I get almost everything pop culture off eBay: DVD's, vinyl records, books that are out of print, pictures of Liz Hurley, you name it...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:24 pm

Tom:

I too am selling off a few items in order to make a bit of money as, sadly, I have been out of work for a year due to ill health. My ID is sbutler861 if anyone fancies a look!