Off Topic Messages

Ann Margret Live

Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:06 pm

I`m off to Las Vegas later this week for eight days, and i`ve noticed that Ann Margret is playing live at he Stardust Hotel for a couple of nights. Me and my wife have shows booked for most of our stay, but not the night Ann Margret plays.

So, is her show worth going to see, or will it be just to awful ? I know i would`nt even give a show like this a second glance if it was`nt for the Elvis connection, but my wife is quite keen, and we are in the area.

Any advice ?

cheers, Errol

Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:20 pm

I'd go.

She's a classy lady and I'm sure it would be a very entertaining evening.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:04 pm

I saw her last October in Branson. Take your wife, you all will enjoy the show! She is still qute stunning, she sang "Viva Las Vegas" and a Shania Twain song, I can't remember every thing she sang, also a gospel medley type thing.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:08 pm

Jeff -

You wrote [about Ann-Margret]:
I saw her last October in Branson.

Does Lisa Marie know about this ?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:01 pm

I'd go like a shot! What other shows are you going to see?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:34 pm

Hi Delboy..........We have front row tickets for Tom Jones opening night at the MGM Grand, Havana Nights at The Stardust, Dolly Parton, Penn and Teller and a couple of variety shows.

A few of the above acts i`m only going to see cause my wife of 4 months is keen to see them (honest). I talked my wife out of going to see Celine Dion as a guy can only stand so much ! But i dont mind going to see cheesy type entertainment in Vegas, after all, it is Vegas.

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys, we will go see Ann Marget.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:08 pm

Wow!

Have a great time. I'm sure you will. 8)

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:48 am

ColinB wrote:Jeff -

You wrote [about Ann-Margret]:
I saw her last October in Branson.

Does Lisa Marie know about this ?

mmmm No, I don't think I did tell her! Maybe I will tell her when I see her in Kansas City in November! :wink:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:59 am

That Ann-Margret.......... I would !

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:39 pm

Me as well. Cor.....

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:33 pm

I still have soft spot for ole AM...

Seeing her live? Good idea!

She's finally slowing down (and frankly showing some age)
but what a career!

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:35 pm

I love Annie. I'm so glad she never recorded any Bob Friggin' Dylan songs! (Hi Greg.)

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:40 pm

I knew the title would bring you out, Titster!

I bet she warbled "Blowin' In the Wind" at least once...

Ann was tops, wasn't she?
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:42 pm

She sure was/is. Can you sit through 'Who Will Love My Children?' without shedding a tear? Makes me blub every time.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:44 pm

:oops:

I don't know that one. :oops: :oops:

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:46 pm

She has 10 kids and is dying of cancer so has to 'give them away' to good homes. Boy, it'll crack ya up!

That photo you just posted is a real humdinger!

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:49 pm

My introduction to her was actually when she worked
with the Stones.

:D

:D

:lol:

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:53 pm

Fred and Barney - much better than Mick 'n' Keef, don't you think?

Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:21 am

ooh...i so hope she's playing when i go to vegas soon (my parents won a raffle and we're staying at a suite at the mgm grand plus shows)...

who else is in vegas right now? because i really want to see some shows and hopefully as close to the elvis era old-timers category as possible (without impersonators).

Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:59 am

Well we saw Anne at the Stardust, and despite my initial reservations, she performed really well to a sold out last night of her engagement. She looked good too, and the three camp male dancers who buzzed around her the entire show gave us a good laugh... :D

Best show of the week though was Tom Jones opening night at the MGM Grand, despite the dodgy looking g-string that landed on my head during "Sex Bomb" !

Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:20 am

I told you she was still really good! Not too bad on the eyes still! :wink: Yea, I forgot about her backup dancers... that was pretty funny! :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:58 pm

Yeah, thanks for the advice Jeff. And that reminds me, she sang a great little finger clicking jazzy type song, that she said George Burns always loved to hear way back. I have to have that track, but i cant remember what the title was, but i think there was a line in it about "going down to the orchard" or something.

Any ideas anyone ?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:43 pm

Errol,

If you took any photo's of Tom, Ann etc, post away! 8)

Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:34 pm

Delboy, an old timer who shared our booth at the Ann Margret Stardust show, had his camera whipped off the table before his very eyes by a rather large silver-back gorilla of a security guy. So my camera stayed in my pocket for that show.

But i did whip it out during Tome Jones` final number, though by the time my camera was ready to go, he was at the other side of the stage. And i was pounced on within seconds by another silver-back, who demanded the camera so he could delete the two shots. I think it was only the fact that the show was seconds from ending, that the guy gave up argueing with me and i was able to keep the shots.

Ahhhh......god i`m brave after a few pints of guiness.... :lol:

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:26 pm

"Whip" what out?

Oh, it's a camera..... :oops:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :wink: