Keith Urban

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
KHoots
Registered for: 21 years

Keith Urban

Post by KHoots »

Anyone here a fan of Keith Urban? I saw him perform last night in Green Bay, Wisconsin, at a sold-out Resch Center Arena. He is the reigning CMA Male Vocalist of the Year, a tremendously-talented guitar player, and even played some drums at the show. Certainly not anywhere
near "traditional" country music, but he puts on a fantastic show.

John B
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by John B »

I started listening to him a few years back through my girlfriend at the time. I've got 3 of his Cds and burned a compilation from those which I enjoy. He does put on a very good show too. I think he'll be around a while.

sam

Post by sam »

Another Aussie makin' good!!! :D

:D

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Sam -

You wrote:
Another Aussie makin' good!!!
Another ?

Who was the first one, then ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Kristian Hjelmaas
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Kristian Hjelmaas »

Although I'm a big Country Music fan, both traditional and new Country, I haven't managed to become a fan of Keith Urban yet.

Just like another hot "newcomer" on the Country scene, Brad Paisley, I haven't been able to figure them out yet.

In Urban's case, I would say that his music and stage presence is, well uh... maybe just too urban... :wink:

Br
Kristian

Stephen Butler

Post by Stephen Butler »

Colin:

Must be Rolf Harris.

Stephen Butler:

Special Elvis Agent At Large

sam

Post by sam »

ColinB wrote:Sam -

You wrote:
Another Aussie makin' good!!!
Another ?

Who was the first one, then ?
How far back do you want me to go. But you'll probably say most of them are from the UK even if they migrated and made it big in Aussie land first.

:lol:

Topic author
KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:Although I'm a big Country Music fan, both traditional and new Country, I haven't managed to become a fan of Keith Urban yet.

Just like another hot "newcomer" on the Country scene, Brad Paisley, I haven't been able to figure them out yet.

In Urban's case, I would say that his music and stage presence is, well uh... maybe just too urban... :wink:

Br
Kristian
I haven't warmed up to Brad Paisley, either, and I suspect I never will. He is talented, to be sure, and I like some of his stuff, but there's something about him which doesn't do it for me.

Traditional country fans would probably recoil at a Keith Urban show. He used a lot of rock music, whether it was on his video screens, or used to transition from one spot in the show to the next. I particularly remember him doing:

*A few lines of "Rock and Roll Part II" (accoustic)
*"Get Back" The band played this as Urban was carried on a trolley-type setup to the back of the arena. (let's see Haggard do that!)
*"Hello Goodbye" was used on the video screens as the show opened
*Jesus Jones' "Right Here, Right Now" was used in the same way as "Hello Goodbye."
*The band played the full version of Aerosmith's "What It Takes" at one point while Urban went offstage briefly. He came back out and finished the song on drums.

Still, I like his music a lot. Very catchy hooks, and he can play the heck out of his guitars.

John B
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by John B »

I'm a traditional country fan too (George Strait is my favorite country artist) but enjoy Keith Urban as well. Not sure why some folks seem to like only one kind of country or another but not both. Oh well, to each his/her own.

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by TINML »

King George, The Possum, Mark Chesnutt, Clint Black, Clay Walker, John M. Montgomery, those are my faves...oh yea and Mark Chesnutt! Keith Urban is very talented but I'm not a big fan, so to speak.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

I like both Keith Urban and Brad Paisley. Both can play the hell out of the guitar - extremely talented. Between the two gentlemen, I lean more to Brad's material.

James Burton plays on a track from Brad's new CD...

"Cornography" (featuring James Burton & the Kung Pao Buckaroos)

Rich

ImageImageImage