Off Topic Messages

New 4 CD BOX Johnny Cash

Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:53 pm

There's a new CD Box set just out : 4CD , also limited edition extra 5th CD plus DVD available.

I haven't bought it yet because i would go for the special edition but so far i haven't found it in the stores, have seen it on ebay and amazon though, but way too expensive...

Thanks..
Dennis.

Re: New 4 CD BOX Johnny Cash

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:52 pm

[quote="dennisdee"]Image

Hi Dennis,
Got mine the other day. It's mind blowing. Worth every penny.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:02 am

Any outtakes incl? Live tracks?

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:08 am

Eight unreleased studio tracks plus a bonus CD which has a radio show from late 1954. This is great and includes an instrumental version of 'Luther's Boogie'. The DVD is a TV special he did in 1980 with guests like Carl Perkins (they do 'Blue Suede Shoes' together), Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings etc. Absolute magic!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:34 pm

The 4CD version cost around 40€ but the Limited Edition around 200€ :shock: Can you believe that??!!!... :?

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:05 pm

Thanks for the fast Infos Tits McGhee :D
This seems indeed to be a fantastic Box Set ;-) :shock:

Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:35 am

I just picked up this boxed set up at Wal-Mart for under $35.

I haven't played it yet, but I did open it up and the overall packaging and booklet looks beautiful.

It should be a great trip :!:

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:12 pm

"25 Minutes to go" is truly Awesome!!

I like Johhny Cash so much lately that i have bought another CD Box set of him that's even better than this one!

This is the one: UNEARTHED!

Enjoy..

Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:23 pm

Dennisdee, you'll now have to get the expanded versions of the 'Folsome Prison' and 'San Quentin' albums. They are awesome!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:18 pm

Tits;
Yeah i know, i have the San Quentin expanded CD (if you mean the one from 2000 with bonus tracks) and my next will be the Folsom Prison, i have read something about AMERICAN CDs too , have to look that up what that's all about :roll:

Dennis.

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:43 am

The American recordings are the last things he did. The 'Unearthed' box you mentioned has one disc of the best American recordings - the rest are unreleased tracks. If you're building up a collection you obviously need a good Sun collection. Check out the JC box-sets that are available from Bear Family Records. The first one contains all of his Sun recordings, including outtakes.