Off Topic Messages

Hurricane Rita

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:53 pm

Here it comes again...! Better top off your gas tanks, boys.
She's headed toward more oil refineries..

Associated Press

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Updated: 4:11 p.m. ET Sept. 21, 2005

GALVESTON, Texas - Hospital and nursing home patients were evacuated and as many as 1 million other people were ordered to clear out along the Gulf Coast on Wednesday as Hurricane Rita grew to a Category 5, 165-mph monster that could pummel Texas and bring more misery to New Orleans by week’s end....

Also:

WASHINGTON - Eager to avoid the public pounding he got for his response to Hurricane Katrina, President Bush pledged on Wednesday to be “ready for the worst” as another big hurricane headed for the Gulf Coast.

Across the federal government, officials were advertising the Bush administration’s stepped-up response plans for Hurricane Rita as it swept across the Gulf of Mexico toward the Texas coastline.

Bush pleaded with people in the region to comply with mandatory evacuation orders issued in New Orleans and Galveston, Texas. And he said that federal, state and local governments are in close coordination on the preparation.....

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:36 am

Galveston....oh, Galveston...I still hear your sea waves crashing.

My prayers are with the poor souls in the Gulf who are facing down yet another terrible storm.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:23 am

I just heard about the Nuclear plants shut down. Word is...it could revert to Louissianna. Looks pretty bad.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:25 am

Please pray.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:57 pm

Agnostics, atheists, anyone, do something postive. :D

I'm praying, personally.