Off Topic Messages

Free Lotto !

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:11 pm

Hey, I just got an e-mail telling me I'd won the Free Lotto !

Only 2,500,000 Euros !

All I had to do was fill in the claim form [provided].

Well, it didn't ask for any 'sensitive' details, just name, address, phone number etc.

I thought I'd nothing to lose.

It looked kinda genuine, you know, gave addresses in the UK & Ireland, and a link to a website.

So, I filled in the details & replied to it.

Got a reply back asking for an 'Endorsment Fee' and 'Affidavits of lotto claim/court clearance certificate and Tax Clearance fee'.

A total of 1211.40 Euros.

Now, why wasn't I surprised ?

Obviously, I'm not sending it !

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:32 pm

Colin,

Have you recieved an email from King Ungu-Bungu of the Masamba Kingdom (or one of his many alias's) who urgently has to export $35 Million from his homeland and requires a UK bank account, and requests your personal details including bank account number and promises you 10%?

I get about 3 a day!:D

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:38 pm

Colin, I have some prime mountain view property forsale. It's complete with running water, solar power, and an efficient toilet system.

Let me know if interested.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:41 pm

Dellboy -

Oh yeah, I've had all those !

But this one had an air of authenticity about it, a UK address given, link to a website.............

Best to remember the basic facts:

1] There is no lottery anywhere in the world that can be won by someone who never bought a ticket for it.

2] No genuine lottery winner is ever asked to pay fees 'up front' in order to receive their prize.

3] Lottery winners are not informed of their win, they have to make their claim themselves if they have a winning ticket.

Aahh.... but just for a minute there, I thought...............

Never mind !

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:44 pm

Big Boss Man -

How apt !

I was thinking that a holiday home would be useful !

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:54 pm

It's no different here, Colin. We're always hearing about scams that target the elderly. Be careful there! :wink:

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:21 pm

Eagle -

I don't suppose it makes no-never-mind but they wouldn't have known they were dealing with a guy who has, shall we say, passed the first blush of youth.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:14 am

Well I'll certainly give you a good deal on it. I have gotten 1/2 the roof on it now, have cleared the trail down to the creek (for your running water), and I've had the outhouse pumped. It's yours for $5,000.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:55 am

ColinB wrote:Eagle -

I don't suppose it makes no-never-mind but they wouldn't have known they were dealing with a guy who has, shall we say, passed the first blush of youth.

Colin....how many times have I told you....dont sign anything unless its from me :D :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:01 pm

Colin:

It seems that others on here are all too willing to take advantage of your, er, trusting nature. I can put a stop to that. For only £10,000, payable in advance, I can filter all posts and private messages to you before you read them, so that you no longer have to suffer the embarrassment of seeing so many of your friends take the piss.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:20 pm

Stephen -

Actually, that sounds like a good investment !

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:01 pm

Heck, for $1000 I'll go visit the people who harrass you and beat them up!