Off Topic Messages

Gunsmoke on DVD

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:14 pm

January 3, 2006 is the planned release date for a pair of 3-DVD sets (six discs in all, with each collectible set sold separately) that include a total of 29 memorable episodes. A feature of these releases are the guest stars, which include Charles Bronson, Chuck Connors, Aaron Spelling, Angie Dickinson, George Kennedy, Burt Reynolds, James Doohan, Adam West, William Shatner, Jon Voight, Kurt Russell, Dennis Hopper, and Leonard Nimoy.

Extras include:

A special John Wayne introduction to the pilot, "Matt Gets It."
A special introduction on select episodes by James Arness
Audio Commentaries on 11 episodes
Rare Home Movies
Bloopers and Gag Reels
Guest Appearances on TV Talk Shows
Promos
Photo Galleries
Western Channel Gunsmoke Memories
Emmy Award's Footage

ImageImage

Tom

Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:14 pm

now its about time,,, can't wait thanks tom

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:01 am

Great to see a lot of extras. I've been in the Columbia House Gunsmoke DVD library. I'm just into the fourth season. This is really a great show. My favorite western of all time.
Any idea of the price for each 3 disc set, Tom?

jeff R

Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:56 am

Great news!

Gunsmoke is the classic western series, and it's about time it's being released on DVD!

Br
Kristian

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:08 am

Hi Kristian,
Gunsmoke is on DVD and has been for years...just not in stores. The complete series is available through Columbia House DVD Library. I don't know if you can get them in your country, though.

jeff R

Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:51 am

It seems strange that this set is touted as being the 50th Anniversary of the show and then being released in the 51st year after it first aired.
Great show and great memories. What a great cast!! I am truely enjoying this series. I get two discs a month that contain about 6-8 episodes per disc. I just finished the first 6 episodes of Season 4. I never realised how much actual laugh out loud stuff in the early years.
Even though i will have all the episodes from Columbia House, I will still buy these just for the extras.

jeff R

Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:13 am

This is great news.

Gunsmoke has always been a fav of mine and as
many times as I've seen the same episodes over and
over, I never get tired of watching it again.

Thanks for the update TOM :!:

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:44 am

Yeah, I love Gunsmoke too, but I have to say that my favorite western TV show was always High Chaparel.

Hey, Minkahead, haven't we met somewhere? You seem familiar!