19%
Bill Clinton
23%
George W. Bush
10%
Other
13%

Total votes : 31

Who Is/Was Your Favorite U.S. President?

Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:20 am

With all of the Bush bashing going on, it makes a person wonder who was actually a good President in the eyes of our board members.

Who do you think did the best job and left a positive legacy in the White House? Why?

If I have not listed your favorite, post his name and tell why.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:48 am

HAHAHAHAHA you should have first had a thread to discuss which names should be listed in the poll - that's how much I won't touch this one. :)

Eileen

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:35 am

Probably should have included FDR instead of Ike, but you included my two favorites, so that's ok. '8)'

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:33 am

Reagan, 20%...??? hahahahahaha, why not go for John Wayne while you´re at it?

Sincerely MB280E

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:54 am

How long do these polls last? How come they're always over by the time I get to them? They should last at least a few days! On this one, I refuse to answer, anyway. Good thing it was over before I got to it!!
sue

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:10 pm

Sue -
It actually just started. Get with the program, girl!

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:18 pm

Rob -

Lincoln.

A few years ago, I might have voted for Kennedy, but his image has become somewhat tarnished over the years !

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:21 pm

I did vote for Kennedy. Tarnished or not, he was indeed a good President.
We don't know for sure that some of the things said are true.

He did have good taste in women though!

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:26 pm

silver wrote:How long do these polls last? How come they're always over by the time I get to them? They should last at least a few days! On this one, I refuse to answer, anyway. Good thing it was over before I got to it!!
sue

It doesn't give you the option to vote until you are logged in.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:29 pm

Is Joe Walsh running for President this year? :lol:

Sincerely MB280E

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:44 pm

TJ,
Thanks for telling me to log in. I always log out after I post because then I always get timed out. So I'm never logged in when I go to a new post. Anyway, now I can see how it works. So I did vote, but in this country votes are secret, so I don't have to say, do I?

sue

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:58 pm

His name? Sexist! :wink:
Anyway, I hope Hillary Clinton will be the next president.
After father and son, wouldn't it be nice to have husband and wife doing the job?

Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:04 pm

Where's Thomas Jefferson, FDR, and Teddy Roosevelt? Teddy would get my vote.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:21 pm

TR would probably also get my vote...although you've gotta give Lincoln his due for saving the Union.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:02 pm

I'm split down the middle between Kennedy and Clinton. I'll go with Clinton since he was during my lifetime.

FDR definitely should be on the list, though. I don't see how some of these people would be on there before him. Especially a President like Ike whom was not very active.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:06 pm

FDR, of course.

From the list, I´d choose JFK

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:20 pm

silver wrote:TJ,
Thanks for telling me to log in. I always log out after I post because then I always get timed out. So I'm never logged in when I go to a new post. Anyway, now I can see how it works. So I did vote, but in this country votes are secret, so I don't have to say, do I?

sue

Don't think anyone can force you :)

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:25 pm

Luuk wrote:His name? Sexist! :wink:

The U.S. has had only male Presidents, Luuk, so any name would have to be a "his." As you alluded, that may change in 2008 with Mrs. Clinton. Gee, I hope so.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:29 am

Okay, TJ, you win. I voted for Clinton. But I would have voted for both Clinton and Herbert Walker Bush (if you could vote twice) because they are being VERY friendly to each other when they are of different parties and are trying to do good in the world!!
sue