Off Topic Messages

For Brando fans

Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:56 pm

There will be a documentary on Brando this Friday Night. I'm not sure of the time or station (PBS I think).

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:36 pm

Biography-Marlon Brando

Actor Marlon Brando's tumultuous life and career, including his snubbing of the Academy Awards, obesity and bad movie choices that plagued his later life. 60 minutes- (CC), N

Fri Sep 23 10:00P on A&E
Sat Sep 24 02:00A on A&E
Sat Sep 24 11:00A on A&E

Tom

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:28 pm

Thanks guys. Also several Brando releases are supposed to come out on DVD for the first time November 8. These include "A Dry White Season", "The Fugitive Kind", "Burn" and "The Missouri Breaks".

Re: For Brando fans

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:21 am

Pete Dube wrote:There will be a documentary on Brando this Friday Night. I'm not sure of the time or station (PBS I think).

He never liked Elvis, so he can blow it out of his ass.

Re: For Brando fans

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:12 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:There will be a documentary on Brando this Friday Night. I'm not sure of the time or station (PBS I think).

He never liked Elvis, so he can blow it out of his ass.

He may have not liked Elvis, but that doesn't change the fact that, at his best, he was arguably the greatest film actor of the post war 20th century. De Niro, Pacino, Nicholson are his disciples.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:25 am

I don't think Marlon liked any singer. Did you see Guys and Dolls where HE sang? That alone would put anyone off singers!! By the way I used to have that record (Guys and Dolls with Brando singing. I think it was "Luck be a Lady." I also have the VHS. But then I have the VHS of a LOT of musical comedies of old. I have to watch them when my husband is asleep (which he is now; hmmm, maybe...) Anyway Elvis liked him!
sue

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:38 am

Brando was disdainful of any kind of popular entertainment. In public, he always expressed embarrassment at the fact that he was an actor which he considered to be a waste of life.

In private though, some Brando intimates have revealed that he was secretly proud of his best work and in his old age used to regale them with recreations of Terry Malloy, Stanley Kowalski et al.