Off Topic Messages

Now I've heard it all.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:12 pm

OK, so I'm selling off some of my Elvis records and stuff on eBay and I get this message. This guy has got a "certified" authentic autograph that he wants to trade me for two of the promos I have listed. Needless to say that I was very interested. Turns out, it's an autographed copy of the Loving You..................................................................wait for it............................................... CD!!!

The guy swears that it's Elvis' autograph because "the album came out in 1958" and he saw him sign it. When I tried to explain the numerous problems with his story, he got really upset and said that he would just list it on eBay. I'm quite certain he will............poor guy.

Tom

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:28 pm

He should be shot for just being plain stupid! :shock:

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:45 pm

I'd say this proves Elvis is alive !!!!!!

And not many people own an autograph of him from after 1977.......
:)

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:49 pm

The guy swears that it's Elvis' autograph because "the album came out in 1958" and he saw him sign it.

..er Tom ; I hope he did not lick you ? :oops: Coz he sure was born about 10,000 years ago. :D

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:39 pm

Ringrock wrote:I'd say this proves Elvis is alive !!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:00 pm

Hey Tom,
when I offered you that trade, I didn't expect you to blab about it here.

:evil:

:wink:

Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:59 am

I don't get it, what's wrong with the story?

:wink:

Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:40 am

What's wrong with the story? You must be kidding!

What's wrong is that Elvis said he did not care for the cover art on the CD. He talked to Ernst, but it was too late to make any changes because some of the copies had leaked out and were being sold on eBay. He made it plain and clear that he would be autographing no more of these CD's. That's been a known fact for at least 40 years. So, I'm thinking that quite possibly this is some sort of a scam.

They'd better start getting up much earlier in the morning to pull the wool over these eyes.