Off Topic Messages

New Paul McCartney record

Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:01 am

Sir Paul has a new record out titled "Chaos & Creation In The Backyard". I've been listening to the full album since Wednesday (I'd heard half of it weeks before release) and it's definitely a grower. I feel it's his strongest collection since 1997's "Flaming Pie" and one of his best collection of lyrics in a long time. Anybody have it?

TINML

Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:25 am

I saw the VH1 documentary on it.
Sounds good.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:59 am

Flaming Pie is lightweight compared to this monster of an album. A masterpiece.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:19 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:I saw the VH1 documentary on it.
Sounds good.

I missed that one, I hope they'll show it sometime soon, even though it's taken from the DVD that comes with the Special Edition.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:54 am

Don't miss the hidden instrumental track.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:50 am

Miss it??? I knew about it even before Macca did :lol: !

I also am lucky to have gotten the B-sides too..

Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:53 pm

In the UK Album Charts this album has dropped like a stone. First week in at No.10, 2nd week No.34 and this week No.70. McCartney must be very disappointed.

Brian :roll:

Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:50 pm

I had heard of it and intend to pick it up, but didn't know it had actually been released yet. Maybe that explains its lack of impact on the charts. Poor promotion.
Last edited by TJ on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:57 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:In the UK Album Charts this album has dropped like a stone. First week in at No.10, 2nd week No.34 and this week No.70. McCartney must be very disappointed.

Brian :roll:

At least it went Top 10 for 1 week, and Top 40 for 2... :wink:

Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:37 am

I don't put the blame on McCartney since he has created a very solid record, top to finish whatever the Beatle bashers might say. Poor promotion is definitley to blame, but at the end of the day, he's 63, in the US the album sold 120,000 copies in two weeks AND he probably will have one of the top grossing tours of the year, I don't feel too sorry for him.

TINML :)

Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:57 am

TINML wrote:he's 63, in the US the album sold 120,000 copies in two weeks ...

TINML :)

considering I haven't even seen an ad for this disc, have heard none of the songs and doesn't get airplay anymore, I'd say that's pretty damn good :!:

The cd Elvis By The Presleys took 3 weeks to sell 132,000 units, so I wouldn't consider this a failure for Paul by no means.

I almost bought the cd, but for sum reason put it back. my friend picked it up 2 weeks ago and I asked him how he liked it and he said, "It's growing on me...but I like it"...

I think I'm going to reconsider...

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:31 am

One more thing, I see that Paul's new cd entered the BILLBOARD TOP 200 at #6 in the U.S., 4 slots higher than his native U.K. :!:

Even better...