Off Topic Messages

Video of Police Looting in wake of Hurricane Katrina

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:34 pm

Lets take a look at the real problem. Where were local police when they were needed at the super dome to restore peace.....

http://www.infowars.com/articles/new_or ... almart.htm

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:01 pm

Whoopee! another self promoting genisem political thread :lol:

Those unfortunate police guys had probably lost their homes and all their earthly goods!

http://www.knowth.com

To further your impoverished education about Ireland. Our Ancient history is an unfolding story which has captured the imagination of the whole world. The place is a magnet for those with an inquiring mind.
Last edited by MauriceinIreland on Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:01 pm

Reporter:
"We actually saw the police, there're in ailse three"

to female police officer "Hi, what are you doing here?"

Police: "I'm doing my job"

Reporter: "Taking shoes?"

Police: "No, looking for looters"

Reporter: "Looking for looters? And what do you do when you find them? ...because I think I see them."

:lol:

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:44 pm

Yeah those cops were hurtin' alright. Glad someone actually looked at the link rather then make an assumption.

A cops job is to enforce the law, not break it themselves.

Meanwhile people were being raped and killed. USELESS

Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:15 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Those unfortunate police guys had probably lost their homes and all their earthly goods!

Those police "guys" happened to be women, Maurice. It may be a minor point, but you might have at least watched the clip before making a blanket apology for those people.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:38 pm

:lol:

Now that was funny!

Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:00 am

On the O'Reilly Factor last night, Bill had a guest who's been investigating who was specifically had been looting in New Orleans.

It came to be known that many of the looters were actually armed gangs from outside New Orleans who had came in pror to the storm, and after the storm. Most of them had their own boats and suv's, and were even fighting among themselves to determine each's territory. It was also reported that a number of New Orleans police officers were being "paid off" by these gangs to look the other way when caught, plus their wasn't enough police present in the streets after the storm had passed.

The bottom line was this, not enough police, and no national guard which = failure of the state and local authorities.
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:11 am

First of all these prevalent "gangs" have seemed to dissapear rather quickly. The paid off cops sound like an urban legend. Though there are no doubt isolated cases, the biggest problem was obviously organization and the inability at the local level to handle an emergency situation.

Though it is clear from the video that there was simply no enforcement and the cops should have taken off their badge and at least played the role as the criminals that they were supposedly defending the general public from!

Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:11 am

Here is an interesting article that I copied from another Elvis Board.

http://judicial-inc.biz/katrina_Drug_trade.htm

Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:12 pm

genesim wrote::lol:

Now that was funny!

I knew you had a funny bone somewhere! :D

Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:34 pm

Khoots, I saw it on the TV news. The word guys covers everyone in the States now or am I wrong as usual...it's just in the movies and TV :lol:

Anyway their motor boat had probably broken down and they could not get to the real criminals...in the White House.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:12 pm

Hey genesim instead of getting upset that these cops took some shoes. :roll: Gee..... what else did they take some water to drink? Maybe you should get upset with the President for taking 4 days to get help to the people starving and dying in the Convention Center & the Superdome(and in ALL affected areas), after they had already indured the hurricane itself..... which would have been a bad enough experience! OHHHHH YEA..... he has to wait till someone tells him to! :roll: :roll: :roll:

But hey.... he only won his last election on the promice that he would keep Americas SAFE... I guess that doesn't include when a natural disaster hits.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:53 pm

Jeff watch the video..then talk. They were obstructing justice while people were getting raped and killed in the superdome. This was only one day after the hurricane.

I don't have as much of a problem with citizens stealing, but upholding the police acting like criminals!!! What sh*t is that?

Look at how far people have come to think, when deep down you know it is wrong. But yet anything to trash the president.

"the horror....the horror"

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:14 am

I did watch it moron... they were taking shoes, big deal. :roll: Maybe they were gonna give them out at the shelters for all you know(or their children, OH MY)... GOD knows the people were not going to get any help for the next 4/5 days from anyone.

Would you want to walk around in the same shoes in a flooded city for almost a week? Yea.... you probably would. :lol:

They were probably, (and the people around them) pretty happy they had went and got those shoes... OH around Thursday & Friday. I hope they also(but God forbid) looted them a change of underwear... because if it was me, I would have been dying about 2 days in without a change! :lol: :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan