Off Topic Messages

Where's the great Jerry Reed nowadays

Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:41 pm

Anybody know where Jerry (The Snowman) Reed is? What another superb artist, actor, songwriter, guitar player and session man.
I got a copy of Jerry's 1979 album "Live".
Recorded live at the Exit/in Nashville, in it he describes how Elvis truely was the King and really pays tribute to him. Then he does a fantastic version of Guitar Man.

Wish they would get that out on CD

Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:40 pm

Hi. I'm a big Jerry Reeed fan. Got at least 40 of his albums! Try the site
http://www.alabamawildman.com

Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:40 pm

40 albums, Jesus... I thought I had a few with having 20. Thanks Steve for the site, gonna have a look at it now.

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

Jerry Reed

Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:43 am

Hi all!

Too bad that the official Jerry Reed site is being shut down.
I loved to read his answers to questions from the fans...

Jerry Reed is a marvellous guitar player and artist, who's also contributed in a couple of decent, enjoyable movies.
Who can forget the Snowman in the original Smokey and the Bandit movie!? :D

Br
Kristian

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:59 pm

Never, I loved the Bandit movies, not keen on 3, but 1 & 2. Great

Why are they shutting the site down

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:42 am

Jerry Reed performed at a local music festival last summer. It was a great show.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:26 am

HEY UP KHOOTS,

I bet it was, I tell you what, next time I come to the States, I'm going to try to make it, when he his touring, I would love to see him play.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:07 pm

You guys can send Jerry a note at:

Jerry Reed Enterprises
P.O. Box 3586
Brentwood, TN 37024-3586

Tom

Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:29 am

I saw him in the Adam Sandler movie "The Waterboy" a few years back. The way he talked made it sound like he had a stroke. He could have been going for that effect but I hope he's ok.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:30 pm

SO DO I......

Cheers Tom for the contact address

Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:27 pm

A few days ago, I managed to catch the tail-end of a radio commercial telling about some festival going on near Atlanta that would include music by Jerry Reed. I assume they were talking about the "Snowman".