Off Topic Messages

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:09 am

Perhaps the Lord should bless GG and gen (sorry, someone told me it was gene, for gene simmons; I have HEARD of KISS, but not enough to recognize the avatar; so maybe I should say gene?) and help them to let go of past hurts. It does get tiresome. I have read some very cogent posts from genesim about films and electronics. Very knowledgeable! Also some very compassionate posts! I think we are all sorry for your past lives. I guess I shouldn’t say to get over it because I know that is impossible. My SO will never get over his past, so if I cannot help him out, I shouldn’t presume to try it out on strangers (who sometimes seem like friends). He’s mad at me now, so I guess I shouldn’t antagonize anyone else!!
sue

You know, I look at McLaughlin Group, and they all liked the new candidate for the Supreme Court, John Roberts, because of his sense of humor. Maybe you both could inject a little in your posts. This would help!!

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:28 am

let it be,, we (gays) need to live just like everybody else,,you don't like it get over it,,move on with our lives.. i'm gay and don't really give a crap who knows it or who cares or who likes it or not...yes we are discrimating against a lot,, but i just live my life,,,not worried aboutthe politics and the bs ...

Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:37 am

Amen.

To be honest, I would care NOT to know people's pollitics and lifestyles, but time after time they are shoved down people's throats.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:27 am

As strange as it may be for me to strike a chord with Genesim,
but he is touching on that "middle ground' we are having a hard time
with in the USA. (I can't speak for Europe, with has long dispensed
with most aspects of religion, resulting in a more secular, liberal society
that is at odds with many Americans' sense of "morality".)

I think it's unfortunate the way this thread had to go. I don't think
GG has to walk around with a "I"m a Homophobe" sign as such
a designation is frankly loaded and not yet settled culturally. Americans
are largely a tolerant people, to a fault. It'll be a quite a feat
to convince millions of Americans that the rights of homosexuals
are as compelling as that African-Americans in the civil rights movement.
In fact, Senator Kerry is not President today in some part due to his home
states's embrace of "gay marriage"- a development that just did not
find favor across the nation and served to hijack the other issues
at hand.

Put me on the side of tolerance, but I do think going too far in defending
the rights of a minority risks sparking a backlash. The push
for "gay marriage"is but one example of something that may
prove to be just too much for the majority of people in the U.S. - and
elsewhere.

I'd like to think we can get to a point where we respect that some people
may well end up being "gay" - but at the same time (somehow) not somehow fully "embrace" it . How one does that without denigrating that minority is a good question. Life's always been hard.
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:24 am

It'll be a quite a feat to convince millions of Americans that the rights of homosexuals are as compelling as that African-Americans in the civil rights movement.

As it shouldn't be! Sexual orientation is not even in the same universe as race.

What about fat people..ugly people. Should we start making laws regarding that? What about polygamy...etc.

There will always be descrimination, but that is life. Find a defense, and fight it. Most people deep down, do not want to hurt a good person. You don't have to come up with a "special" law to enforce those views.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:54 am

Carolyn: You hit the nail on the head. Having a gay family member certainly clarifies your perspective.

It's not just about prejudice. There are many and varied reasons for a civil union bill that perhaps have not been considered here. Not being able to access the same benefits and protections that so many other couples take for granted. Continually having to prove the relationship and interdependency to state officials. Not being allowed to visit their partner in hospital. Being shut out of decisions about a deceased partner and their funeral arrangements.

Just a few considerations maybe that go beyond approval or disapproval of the gay lifestyle.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:33 pm

carolynlm wrote:That's exactly what I mean epfan......good on you.....you are a very brave individual, there are still a lot more gays and lesbians who are too frightened for whatever reason to come out.

thanks carolyn,,, i'm not scared of it,, but yes they are many who are afraid of losing friends, jobs, homes, etc if they come out, and if it cost me friends on this board so be it,,,

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:29 pm

geno -

You wrote:
What about fat people..ugly people

Look, just let me be, will ya ?

Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:17 pm

Whether you realize it or not, Genesim is pointing out that there
can be addditional "aggrieved" parties who seek "equality." In
the USA, obsese people have indeed attempted to have a
civil rights movement - to the objection of employers who sometimes
simply do not want to employ them for certain positions.

Tolerance / acceptance does not and may not ever be the same
as equality. It's a worthy goal, but lines do get drawn.

I hope nothing I'm saying is being taken as anti-gay, just an
acknowledgment of the likely limits of such movements. On a personal
level, I never look down on anyone for the way they are. :)

I'll give it a rest now. :wink:

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:27 pm

its not just gays,, like it was said,, fat people.. deformed people handicapped people all get looked down on,, and yes everybody at some point in time has been or will be guilty of it,, knowingly or not

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:11 pm

speaking of crisriminations:

intelligence and IQ is a target -
here at this MB alot.

Doc masters that form of harassment - just wade thru his posts.

A chief harraser of members is he,

A notorious attacker based on "you don't know sh*t about Elvis" "you don't sh*t about the Beatles" "you don't know sh*t about Dylan" etc etc

yeh, wonderful role model.

Drjohncrapenter, Champion of the Disenfranchised

- he targets FECC individuals here alot --- A LOT
based on the one discrimination it's still OK to have and attack:

"intelligence"

and "extent of Elvis fact knowledge"

- that's pathetic -

Knowledge Discrimination

add that to the list of disciminations people still endure.

-incidentally, how did I first encounter the Most Rude Member here?
(and of course, endeared me to him)
He called me ignorant -
in reference to Elvis topics - Not off-topics (no n words yet!)

But he instantly insulted and discriminated based on "knowledge"

and still does that to many members

- Now's that mature.

Ban The 'I Word'

- censor his attacks, for a change.

a slur is a slur is a slur

"ignorant" is perhaps no different than the n word or Q word eh?

Funny, what harassments are allowed.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:07 pm

no where did i state you or anyone else was attacking me or anyone

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:14 pm

huh? no one has to my knowledge.

I'm addressing the nature of insulting -
and the irony of what insults are OK and which are taboo.

"idiot" stump" "ignorant"

keyword search those terms -

who authors those most?

guess who.

A slur is a slur is a slur.

Check Doc's vocabulary - there's some cruel venom there.

Harrasement has many forms.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:20 pm

genesim wrote:To be honest, I would care NOT to know people's......... lifestyles, but time after time they are shoved down people's throats.

Man, that has to be the pun of the week.

Tom

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:27 pm

epfans22,

for arguments' sake, let's say
I'm the resident Homophobe, and you're the resident Homosexual.

Now, am I attacking you? Bullying you? Harassing you?
Telling you to go away?

No I'm not. Haven't.

We disgree on lifestyles but that's life.

Drjohncrapenter,
on the other hand,
has stalked me, harassed me, bullied me, with open threads - and even PMs telling me to go away.
Like he's King Sh*t of the Internet

Imo, he's the most intolerant and abusive to other members.

but his brand of intolerance is....okay?

Ironic.

Measure content of character and behavior based on that.

Technically, my views on gays, drugs and "normal" kids
gives me the Moral Highground
- but it's not a popular place to be.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:53 pm

gg.. regardless of views.. i still like your post... ok some of them anyway..LOL.. and no your don't bully me slander me,,,i pay no attention to things like that.. much more mature than that,, and i do not push my views or lifestyle or beliefs off on anyone...

Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:53 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
genesim wrote:To be honest, I would care NOT to know people's......... lifestyles, but time after time they are shoved down people's throats.

Man, that has to be the pun of the week.

Tom

Good one, Tom. :lol:

Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:51 am

Tom very perceptive. :wink:

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:15 pm

EagleUSA wrote:MB280 wrote:
Did you enjoy it as much as he did...?

Regardless of your personal views on GG's comments, that's a really sick f*cking thing to ask of someone who's suffered molestation.

It's not his fault....It's just the way he was reared :lol:

Sq

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:55 pm

very funny squirrel :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:03 pm

You people are incredibly sick. Is there no lines not to be crossed? Laughing at somebody being molested. F*cking incredible.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:08 pm

God your a ****ing moron genesim.... squirrel is making fun of MB280, not GG.

Read his post very carefully... try hard now... I know its hard for you using your brain sometimes.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm

:lol:

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:03 pm

I think it's BUM information :lol:

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:42 pm

Perhaps you need to go back and read Jeff D.

My problem is making a joke at someone being molested PERIOD. I don't care if it is Squirrel(who I get along with great), or the Doc giving out his amateur advice in order to satisfy his self stroking ego. Even down to Bob-Holland chime in or MB280's f*cked up statement(probably a sex offender himself with that statement).

GG may not make use the best words on here when describing his views...and I do disagree with the methods, but I have a bigger problem with people tearing down somebody down because of some aired dirty laundry.

Sorry, children being molested and making jokes about it...for or against, is not cool.

Yeah Jeff...if it was your child..and someone laughed about someone making a statement against the offender(and though MB280 isn't directly, but his statements abouta child "enjoying it" makes him suspect")...and saying it was just the way he was "reared"....there is nothing wrong there. Right :roll: