Off Topic Messages

Gay debate, not the intent of original post

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:25 am

I will restart this thread with the original subject: Prediction: US High Court allows gay marriage within 5 years

Predictions:
No matter who the next 3-4 Justices to the United States Supreme Court are, and no matter who they replace, gay marriage will be allowed by the Court under the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause. This could be overruled by a Constitutional Amendment, but the 2/3's vote of Congress needed, not to mention the 3/4ths(I think I am right about that) of States needed to ratify the Amendment, would make that option extremely unlikely.

Let's see if the debate can be about whther or not this would occur, not the merits or negatives of actually having gay marriage as case law.
Last edited by scotch on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:31 am

When and if this happens, no matter who the President will be at the time, it will still be George Bush's fault because you posted this when he was still in office.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:30 am

Goodness, gracious, Rob, it sounds as if you are against it. It is in a person's DNA (or some part of his/her makeup at birth). I have had second/third grade kids who already knew they were. These were sweet, innocent children. Well, one of them was rather outrageous; I called him my Little Richard (only to my husband).
sue

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:36 am

silver wrote:Goodness, gracious, Rob, it sounds as if you are against it.

Gay marriage? Absolutely against it.

No further comment.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:41 am

Rob, If you're against it, well that's GW's fault!!
sue

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:16 am

silver wrote:Goodness, gracious, Rob, it sounds as if you are against it. It is in a person's DNA (or some part of his/her makeup at birth). I have had second/third grade kids who already knew they were. These were sweet, innocent children. Well, one of them was rather outrageous; I called him my Little Richard (only to my husband).
sue

Well, Sue, might I ask,

how do these children know they are gay?

is that measured by an adolescent fondness for broadway, Cher music and the color fuschia?

Or... are you suggesting...

The children have experienced same-gender sex - already?

:?:

your post is the most outrageous and alarming thing I've read.

You know gay children?

A child is gay? A minor?

WHO"S helping them be gay, Sue?

Aiding in their discovery of gayness? Huh?

Obviously a pedophile.

NO CHILD is gay or should be learning that they "are"

Ayone trying to convince a child of having a sexual identity (whether straight or gay) or sexual awareness at all is a g*ddamned pervert.

sick twisted society.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:11 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:... sick twisted society.

The only thing "sick," "twisted," or ignorant regarding this topic are your horrific comments.

You haven't a clue about what Sue is saying.

You haven't a clue about a gay person, and it's pretty clear you've never had any contact with a human being who is gay.

Your constant homphobic comments on this MB, along with your expressed "problems" with people of color, reflect a very troubled individual.

You are welcome to PM me and I'll be happy to guide you to some on-line resources to work out your anger over gender, race and sexuality.

Perhaps you'll discover what the source of that anger truly is ...

DJC

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:17 am

drjohncrapenter wrote:
You haven't a clue about what Sue is saying.

Duh - she says she knows Gay elementary school kids

That was quite clear.

and the very notion is disturbing and vile.

If Elvis Presley was alive today, he himself would find this "gay kids" stuff sickening.
He'd shoot a hell of alot more tv sets in this day and age due to the abundance of immoral sick sh*t airing on the news and as "entertainment"

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:33 am

You must have missed this part:

drjohncarpenter wrote:Your constant homphobic comments on this MB, along with your expressed "problems" with people of color, reflect a very troubled individual.

You are welcome to PM me and I'll be happy to guide you to some on-line resources to work out your anger over gender, race and sexuality.

Perhaps you'll discover what the source of that anger truly is ...

DJC

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:38 am

drjohncrapenter wrote:You must have missed this part:

drjohncrapenter wrote:blah blah blah gays rule blah blah gay kids are delicious blah blah gay is cool blah blah straight people are wrong blah blah gay is not abnormal blah blah...

DJC

I have no intention of PMing you for a damn thing.

You freak.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:41 am

It's becoming glaringly obvious what your hate and anger are all about.

DJC

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:43 am

:shock: burp
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:48 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:when I was a boy I was molested by a g*damn queer.

A deleted - see guidelines #2 queer at that.

**** you carpenter. I don't have to be sensitive or understanding of a g*ddamn thing you endorse.

Go to hell.

My gosh, yet another racist post. With a dollop of homophobia.

How many more of these before you're banned from this MB?

DJC

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:52 am

Wow - The Doctor is so disinterested in child abuse.

shrug that off do you
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:02 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:... the racist homophobe you label me.

It's not a "label," it's a fact.

DJC

Re: Prediction: US High Court allows gay marriage within 5 y

Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:03 pm

scotch wrote:Let's see if the debate can be about whther or not this would occur, not the merits or negatives of actually having gay marriage as case law.

Wow, Scotch, I don't know if that would really be possible.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:12 pm

Tough **** - you don't care. You are a phony in your so-called compassion

Go away now Doc, back to the clinic and go deliver some gay babies to make this an even better society.
And be sure to enroll them in Sue's classroom.

Lest they turn out straight........ and handsome, like me. Thank God.

Thank God for all things Doc

He even loves you
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:03 pm

I only assume certain children's sexual orientation by what they have said. One said, "I can't decide whether I want to be a boy or girl. I think I would like to be a girl." He was a boy, very sweet. I didn't say anything because he was talking with some girls who were his best friends. (Almost all boys of his age have friends who are boys.) I didn't listen on purpose; we were on a walking field trip and the 3 were directly behind me. Another asked me, "Do you think I should be a girl or a boy?" I didn't answer directly, because this is not my role. I asked him what he thought. He thought a long minute and said what he thought I wanted to hear: "I guess I should be a boy." Kids are very perceptive about themselves. I overheard another child saying, "XXX walks like a girl." XXX was the child who couldn't decide if he should be a boy or girl. I knew when I was 3 years old that I really did love boys: His name was Jerome. So I know they probably knew, also. No, of course they have not have sexual experiences, just feelings (very vulnerable feelings).

I do believe that we are born with our sexual orientation, and it is the ultimate prejudice to discriminate against those with an orientation different than our own; something that I think they cannot help. I really feel sorry for these children growing up in a society which will simply not accept them. No, I do not encourage them in their orientation, not do I discourage them. They will be what they will be. It is not my job. My job is, however, to make each child feel worthwhile. Who on earh would "choose" to be gay? No one that I know of!! It is like having a prejudice against someone who has a different skin color than you or different colored eyes. Can they help that they have their characteristics?

However, I understand that many, many people are homophobic. My job is to help kids in their education, to help them with self-esteem, to help them to be the best whatever it is they wish (job-wise), to help them feel accepted, no matter what.

I am dreadfully sorry for those of you who were abused as children or teens. That is a very difficult experience with which to live. That is not right and I hope something was done to those who abused you. It is understandable if you have a strong prejudice against the ones (and the entire group) who abused you.

Yes, the children with different sexual orientations should be in a classroom that did not discriminate against them - something that is not their fault. Scientific tests have confirmed that we are born with our sexual orientation - heterosexual or homosexual. About 10% of all populations have been homosexual, through history, through race, through any criteria you could name.

By the way, haven't you homophobes known at an early age that you loved (liked) girls? Any kind of differences are difficult. We are VERY slowly trying to equalize our differences. This is a hard one; VERY HARD.

sue

P.S. I don't know if the Supreme Court will or will not vote to give homosexual couples equal rights. I hope they will; they're on their way by ruling for joint custody when they split and have children. They are among us and quietly do the same jobs as others. Most of them do not bother anyone. If they commit criminal acts, I think they should be prosecuted. I thought that perhaps Michael Jackson should have been convicted. Child molestation is intolerable, in any form and by anyone.
Last edited by Silver on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:05 pm

I am against.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:24 pm

Not to stir up bad memories GG, but I have seen you mention the molestation before.
You say the person who violated you was gay, and I am not doubting that, but wonder if you know that for certain. As a child of 12 or 13, I was in the same room(on a church ski trip) when a boy one year older than me seduced a child one year younger than me. I was so naive I didn't really know what was going on, but figured it out later when I had more knowledge. I saw that older boy a year or so later at the mall, making out with a girl. Point being, I doubt that the older boy was "gay", but either had been abused himself and was acting out, or something else.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:31 pm

I too am against.

-
Scotch, I understand.

Sue,
I appreciate your comments and explanations. Technically, you don't owe me an explanation for your views anymore than I owe Drjohncrapenter an explanation for my views.

But gay children or, ahem, possibly-gay children and hoping for that, endorsing that, is not a good sign of this society

- it can happen that children have gay encounters - SHOULD NOT - but terrible things happen.

Even kids experimenting with opposite sex shouldn't occur imo.

How old-fashioned and out-dated am I.

People may not "choose" to be gay

But the molestors do "choose" to act on gay impulses,
and cause the resulting harm.

And whether he or she intends to convert/pervert/or hurt, doesn't matter. It's all a violation and trauma.

DJC doesn't understand that nor sympathize with harmed kids.

That leftwing dictator is so Gay All The Way it seems.

According to him, I don't even have a right to insult the person in question. Shame on me for holding a grudge all these years.

FYI, Doc began his tireless tirade to call me racist and homophobic and have me banned ever since a Michael Jackson thread 2 years ago.

I wrote what I thought of MJ and his lifestyles and allegations
and of course, Doc defended MJ and began targetting me as "racist homophobe"

You know what - I can live with that.

I have to.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:40 pm

Well. Gay marriage.. I´m against... It´s really a polemic discussion...
That´s obvious and everybody knows, but it´s against the nature´s laws... I don´t know what makes a man loves another man! :shock: :shock: BUT, if you are gay, I respect your feelings... you know... more women left for me! :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:09 pm

I am sorry GG, it was totally out of line! Damage already done, I know...

Sincerely MB280E
Last edited by MB280E on Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:10 pm

Sue -

I think it's wrong to label children with the 'gay' thing.

They haven't yet determined their sexuality.

It is fairly common to have a 'crush' on an older child or teacher of the same sex.

Doesn't mean they won't end up in a perfectly 'normal' relationship when they reach adulthood.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:24 pm

MB280 wrote:
Did you enjoy it as much as he did...?

Regardless of your personal views on GG's comments, that's a really sick f*cking thing to ask of someone who's suffered molestation.