Off Topic Messages

Any Folk Music Fans Here?

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:15 am

I bought this last week and have had it in my DVD player since. I love their harmony and some of the tracks are very familiar.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?dest=9999999997&product_id=4120409&sourceid=0100000012231186002498

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:13 am

Very familiar with the Gordon Lightfoot songs Elvis also covered. I like the few songs I have heard from them.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:21 am

Ah-h-h, Great songs! Forgot about Stewball!! You have hours of delightful listening! If I had this, I would listen to it over and over and over!! :D :D :D

Still waiting for my Walk a Mile in my Shoes, though. I have had SO much trouble getting this one!!!
:cry:
sue

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:46 am

what songs of Elvis are folk. this can help me for the folk festival i have to perform at next year

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:59 am

elvisjnr wrote:what songs of Elvis are folk. this can help me for the folk festival i have to perform at next year

generically, Elvis Folk could be anything acoustic
and from the early 60s - even more legit for folk labeling

"Wild In The Country" "In My Way" - 2 that spring to mind.

FOLK is a pleasant strumming style of a bygone era and I do enjoy Lightfoot and Croce and other ealy 70s purveyors.

as an aside, on this topic,
But Folk has no place in the Rock-n-Roll Hall Of Fame.

Folk was in its intial conception: anti-rock; a snobbish college crowd alternative to that "teen pimple music" as Folkees called Rock & Pop.

RRHOF ever inducting Kingston Trio and Pete, Paul & Mary would be a violation of what differentiates Rock Music and Folk Music

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:01 am

so anything acoustic. are you lonesome tonight, thats what u get for lovin me, baby what you want me to do? yet again 'baby' is more blues

thanks, this'll help my choices for the folk festival next year :D

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:39 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:FOLK is a pleasant strumming style of a bygone era ...

Folk music is a LOT more than that. Why mislead with your ignorance?

DJC