Chaos And Creation In The Backyard

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Juan Luis

Chaos And Creation In The Backyard

Post by Juan Luis »

Gotcha! :) The name of Paul McCartney's new studio album. It came out a couple of days ago Produced by Nigel Godrich. Very good review in Rolling Stone magazine. I really like it. It is in the vein of McCartney(playing all instruments on most tracks) his first solo effort after the Beatles in 1970. Still singing great and he is 63!
Last edited by Juan Luis on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

I should be pickin' this cd up by the end of the week.

A friend of mine bought it and said he was quite impressed with Paul's vocals and the diversity and talent in his playing the instruments himself.

I'll post my final assessment when I give it a full listen...

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Paul has done several things since the death of Linda that make even the most cynical fan smile.

First off, he's gathered a young (late twenties to mid-thirties) band to support him on tour, and they kick ass.

Secondly, he's trying to make music of real passion and worth. The new disc's producer is best known for his work with Radiohead, the most innovative, arty rock band of the last half decade. It seems he's gotten more out of McCartney than anyone expected!

Paul will be in my area in November, and I look forward to another spectacular performance.

DJC

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

got it too. i absolutely love it. it's a fantastic album. well not that i'm surprised...

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Debuts at #6 on Billboard. If I am not mistaken it has been awhile...

Topic author
Luuk

Post by Luuk »

You mean that radiostations actually play music by artists that are 63 years old? :wink: :D