Off Topic Messages

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:02 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Can we at least agree that EVERYONE in the system screwed up:

Pres Bush, Director of FEMA, Governor Of Louisiana, Mayor of New Orleans, The Japanese Abasador, etc.........I believe it's fair to say all of them made errors in handiling this situation, okay.

Let's now work to rebuild the land, help those who are in need, and fix the broken emergency system.

My sentiments exactly Boss Man!

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:17 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:And Scotch, since you've been gone a bit, maybe you don't know
it but it's not just "lefties" who think Bush botched it.
You can say that if it makes you and Sean Hannity feel better
but it doesn't apply. Not that lefties and liberals haven't
had a field day...
If you think Bush is to blame, you are to the left of me, lol. 8)

In my eyes, Bush has only made one mistake, and it is a huge one. He supports the wrong Texas college football team.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:12 am

Tom,

I don't think a typo is a measure of one's intellect, it more a measure of laziness. Please take some time and learn the difference.

Pete, Big Boss Man,

I agree that there should be shared blame, but I would put Bush near the last. It is up to the state to take care of the welfare of the citizens...not the president.

That includes delegating where to spend money on local repairs. They had their chance, and they sunk it into entertainment over safety. 2.1 billion in revenue, and they couldn't do one study on Category 4 hurricanes?

There were many mistakes, but one thing is for sure, there are so man "hate President Bush" groups, that the real problems will likely never get solved.

Even the Mayor is immediately opening up the French Quarter where the ground is barely dry.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:59 am

For a bunch of self-styled tough guys, fans of President Bush
are inscreasingly thin-skinned about any criticism
directed at King, I mean, President George Bush.
I'm actually not a Bush-basher, Scotch
and consider myself middle of the road politically or at least a hybrid.

If you think Bush has made only that "one mistake" ( :roll: )
than you, too are drinking the Kool-Aid that Sean Hannity serves
up Monday through Friday. And yes, I guess I am left of you, Scotch
but that's not so hard. But I'm to the right of Bush on illegal
immigration; fighting terrorism; and fiscal restraint. Quite a few conservatives are quite concerned about such policies
and I agree with them.

As for Louisiana and Mississippi officials, they are indeed
notoriusly corrupt and inept and will
and have taken much blame. But to to ignore the piss-poor response
of Bush's FEMA team is obstrich-like. It was a mess all-around
and that includes the federal response. The President
himself acknowledged this fact this past week and took
responsibility for it - rightly- and also essentially
showed the unqualifed head of FEMA the door.

I do agree that a partisan blamegame is not what we need. I agree the Bush haters are in full roar- and why the heck not? Politics is a rough game.

But as a nation,one that lives up to the "United" part, we do need some accounting and a "Best Practices"review ....for next time.

If this has provoked a debate for more action in the event
of future disasters, then some good will have come out of Katrina.
We do need a fully-coordinated federal response (in concert
with local and individual preparedness) for future disasters.

September, ironically, is National Preparedness Month, or some such, but
it is now getting more attention than it might have had not
the hurricane hit. Americans have unfortunately largely forgotten
9/11 (or so it seems) and Katrina helped put the stakes back
into focus.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:07 pm

Gee Greg is that why you want me kicked off the board for disagreeing with your "middle of the road" pollitics?

Piss poor response..you still don't get American government. :roll:

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:21 am

Your reign as Resident Moron of the Board continues unabated.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:27 am

Well notice again, who has resorted to name callling and childish behavior.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:50 am

genesim wrote:Well notice again, who has resorted to name callling ...

Greg's comment is not "name calling" -- it's the truth.

DJC

Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:30 pm

If the shoe fits............

Tom

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:39 pm

Hey does anyone remember that color alert system that was put into effect by the men in the White House, to prove that they were sooo on the ball about our safety? What the heck ever happened to that system? I think they needed to break it out again and have FLASHING RED Lights in front of the Presidents eyes for him to realise we were in the middle of a catastrophe.

"Duhh... I'll get in there and help when I'm asked... duhhhh. That lady who has had her butt parked out side my ranch for the last month is really gettin on my nerves... duhhhh.... driver drive around this mess because she is really too upsetting to me... duhhhhh... those people drowning and burning up in the heat after the hurricane need new shoes and some water & medicine.... really? duhhhhhh.... well If someone asks me to help... duhhhh"

DUHHHH Mr. President... duhhh they needed your help.....

God Help us all!

4/5 ****ing days later! Don't cut it!

If it was me waiting 4/5 days later for medicine, I would be dead.

The President has taken his responsibility for this failure...

...almost 2 thousand dead and counting.

Feel safe now???

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:46 pm

Well if genesim is a "resident moron" I would get highly offended as well Doc..considering that I proved you wrong twice recently, it simply doesn't put you in a good light, does it? :lol:

Tom,

The only shoe that fits is the fact that you have let this go completly personal. The fact that you don't know the presidents job, in relation to local disaster, is beside the point. Your remarks to me of late are completely off base and considering our mutual respect on the board, it is also rather shocking.