Off Topic Messages

The UK Walk Of Fame!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:50 am

Not to be outdone by our friends across the pond, the UK now has it's very own version of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It is in Covent Garden, London. To qualify for a star you have to have been born either in the UK or the Commonwealth.

The list of true greats to be given a star includes:

Sir Lawrence Olivier, Richard Burton, Sir John Gielgud, Cary Grant, Peter O'Toole, Errol Flynn, Bob Hope, Charles Laughton, David Niven, Albert Finney, Alan Bates, Stan Laurel, Noel Coward..............and err.......

.......Lenny henry!!!!!

Lenny F*****g Henry????

Who's Lenny Henry?

Exactly!! I need a drink.......fast! :shock: :x

Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:45 am

Has he died? :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: The UK Walk Of Fame!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:12 pm

Delboy wrote:Who's Lenny Henry?

From what I know of him, he's been on a ton of TV shows over there and was, most recently, the Shrunken Head in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Tom

P.S. You should see some of the no-talent has beens (or never weres) that made our walk of fame.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:48 am

So where are the women? No Elizabeth Taylor? No Angela Lansbury? No Hayley Mills? Even if they made their mark in the US, so did Bob Hope!! Or was it Del who just omitted the women? :lol: :lol:
sue

Re: The UK Walk Of Fame!

Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:50 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote: P.S. You should see some of the no-talent has beens (or never weres) that made our walk of fame.

:lol: ain;t that the truth

Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:18 pm

silver wrote:So where are the women? No Elizabeth Taylor? No Angela Lansbury? No Hayley Mills? Even if they made their mark in the US, so did Bob Hope!! Or was it Del who just omitted the women? :lol: :lol:
sue

Sue,

I initially mentioned the men to highlight how out of his league Lenny Henry is in this company. You do raise a good point though as none of the women you mention make the lists. Elizabeth Taylor's omission particularly startling! The walk of fame is officially opened tonight by Sir Michael Caine.......who is not on the list! :shock: Here is the full list......

Sir Laurence Olivier
Tommy Cooper
The Rolling Stones
Nicole Kidman
Billy Connolly
Sir Charlie Chaplin
Peter Sellers
Dame Shirley Bassey
Ant and Dec
Dame Edna Everage
The Two Ronnies
Ricky Gervais
Sir Alfred Hitchcock
Sir Alec Guinness
Sir Rex Harrison
John Cleese
Alan Bennett
The Sex Pistols
Michael Palin
Julie Walters
Tom Jones
Lenny Henry
Bob Geldof
Victoria Wood
Peter O'Toole
Alan Bates
Albert Finney
Richard Burton
Ken Branagh
Ian McKellen
Michael Gambon
Errol Flynn
Paul Eddington
Les Dawson
Bob Hope
Gracie Fields
Edith Evans
Nigel Hawthorne
Alicia Markova
Glenda Jackson
Trevor MacDonald
Judi Dench
Margot Fonteyn
Peter Ustinov
Peggy Ashcroft
Charles Laughton
David Niven
Cary Grant
Arthur Lowe
Dirk Bogarde
Tony Hancock
Frankie Howerd
Ralph Richardson
John Gielgud
Peter Cook
Benny Hill
Eric Morecambe & Ernie Wise
Thora Hird
John Mills
Noel Coward
Stan Laurel
Leonard Rossiter

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:18 am

Gosh, Del,
I didn't mean to make you go to all that trouble! But, thanks!! I think that Michael Caine should definitely be on the list. His work in Zulu is one of my husband's favorites.
:D :D :D
sue

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:11 pm

where's roger moore???