Off Topic Messages

Hard to be a Pacino fan, INSANE DVD release list in October.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:23 am

Being a fan makes me want to cry. First off, I haven't been able to keep up with two releases Scare Crow and Merchant Of Venice.

ImageImage

Then add to that the severe October 18th assualt of Panic In Needle Park(excellent), the Local Stigmatic, Author Author, Looking For Richard(EXCELLENT LONE DIRECTED BY AL), Chinese Coffee, and Carlito's Way Ultimate edition. Most I have never seen because of short theatre runs and no previous DVD list. Others have been years!!:

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage

Not to mention Two For the Money opening October 7th in theatres!

Damn it is a dream come true, but I am broker then broke for this sh*t!! :lol: This is worse then FTD...well almost anyway. :cry:

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:27 am

"Panic in Needle Park" played a big part in getting him the role in "The Godfather". His audition was not impressive but Coppola knew him from the that movie, so that helped give Pacino an inside edge.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:46 am

I always liked the movie. Panic is like Requiem For A Dream without the graphic detail. Hell it is almost exactly the same movie!

I enjoy Pacino's lesser known movies like People I Know or Two Bits. He has alot of gems and most anything he does I enjoy...cept for Gigli. lol What a waste.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:03 pm

I am a huge Pacino fan, but I must say that it's some of his lesser known roles that I think are his best. Two prime examples are:

Arthur Kirkland in ...And Justice for All
Sonny Wortzik in Dog Day Afternoon

I also thought he was terrific in Heat, Insomnia, and The Recruit.

Tom

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:06 pm

When I was very young i rented out the film "Cruising" thinking it was a film about Rockers by the pic of Al Pacino in his leather jacket.
How wrong was i....... :shock: :shock:

Sean

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:07 pm

I don't know..the Recruit..while enjoyable was stock Pacino. Still like E..we all walk aways with something different.

Tom is there any word on Bobby Deerfield(aweful mistep) or Cruising???

Plus are my release dates correct? I am salivating..and at the same time scared at everything I will have to "hock" to get them. :lol:

p.s. Sean you are correct on that..though I think it is an underrated movie for Pacino. Though he appears to dislike it.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:45 pm

No word on Bobby Deerfield, but a SE of Cruising is reportedly in production.

Carlito's Way-UE is out now. Panic in Needle Park and Author! Author! will street on October 18th.

From what I've been told, The Local Stigmatic, Chinese Coffee and Looking for Richard will only be available in the Pacino Box Set: Image
The set will also street on 10/18.

Tom

Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:08 am

Damn Tom KICK ASS! Shame Bobby Deerfield seems to be the lone unreleased movie. Revolution didn't get a proper release and I had to hunt it down on a lower label..but at least I got it. thx agai for the info.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:44 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
I also thought he was terrific in Heat, Insomnia, and The Recruit.

Tom

I Absolutely agree with that :!:

Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:42 pm

My Pacino picks that may not be as known..are like Insomnia, where he plays against type:

Angels In America-A Dying AIDS patient. He won a Emmy for it and he deserved it. Him and Maryl Streep were awesome. Tom I suggest this to you if you haven't seen it. It is a very weird series and does have some goofy parts..but the sum equals more. Yet another great HBO series.

Looking For Richard-A great watch showing Pacino as a possible director. Not only is there a stellar cast, but it serves as a great introduction for those wanting to see the power of Richard the III.

Glengary Glenross-What can I say, this is a kick ass movie with a kick ass cast with a kick ass screen play.

Frankie And Johnny-One of my favorite romance movies ever. What can I say...it is like the Pfeffer/Pacino romance sequal that we always wanted after Scarface!

Guilty pleasure:

Two Bits-Not really a Pacino vehicle..but it still re-teams him with Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio from Scarface and has a great narration that the style has since been copied on the Royal Tennenbaums.