Off Topic Messages

Colin Powell...

Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:59 pm

...finally says he found it very embarrassing lying to the UN concerning Iraq and their claimed weapons of mass destruction. Colin Powell admits that the report he presented to the UN as proof of nuclear weaponprograms in Iraq was wrong and that he´s ashamed on behalf of the American people. Nice to get a confirmation on something we already knew...!

Sincerely MB280E

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:26 pm

Link please.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:10 am

Powel met EP in Germany...

8)

Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:19 am

MB280E -

It's good that he has come clean at last.

But can you really trust a man who can't even pronounce his own name properly ?

Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:42 am

ColinB wrote:MB280E -

But can you really trust a man who can't even pronounce his own name properly ?

Colon

What"s that about?,why and were does his way of saying his name???

Re: Colin Powell...

Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:50 am

MB280E wrote:...finally says he found it very embarrassing lying to the UN concerning Iraq and their claimed weapons of mass destruction. Colin Powell admits that the report he presented to the UN as proof of nuclear weaponprograms in Iraq was wrong and that he´s ashamed on behalf of the American people. Nice to get a confirmation on something we already knew...!

Sincerely MB280E

He was not the enthusiastic about all this to begin with. As one other poster said I would like a link. I am sure he is just rehashing the reservations he had. In no way do I think he has confessed going before the UN and lying!

Link please...if this is true then I am sure charges will soon follow....lol

Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:54 am

Never mind. I have promised myself not to get involved in political threads. Yet I find myself wanting to get involved the more ridiculous the debates get...

No reply is warranted. I am sure Powell admitted to willfully lying before the UN.

On that note I will check out.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:22 am

Still no link provided...

But it is not on FoxNews, so it must be true!

Impeach Bush, Viva President Cheney!

Re: .

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:34 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Never mind. I have promised myself not to get involved in political threads.

Same here.

However, sometimes they are so ridiculous that I just can't help myself.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:30 pm

scotch wrote:Link please.
Still waiting...

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:48 pm

Scotch wrote: But it is not on FoxNews, so it must be true!

Impeach Bush, Viva President Cheney!

LMAO ...that's a good one, buddy. :lol:

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:22 am

scotch wrote:Link please.

Your wait is over -- read and learn!

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050908231709990004

What a great administration we have.

DJC

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:34 am

Thanks DJC, you beat me to it. Sorry for the delay everybody...! :wink:

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:35 am

Happy to be of help, enlightening those who spend too much time in the dark.

DJC

Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:44 pm

MB280E wrote:...finally says he found it very embarrassing lying to the UN concerning Iraq and their claimed weapons of mass destruction.
No, actually he didn't say that. A more cynical person might wonder if that is why you were so slow in providing a link(that DJC actually posted).

MB280E wrote:Colin Powell admits that the report he presented to the UN as proof of nuclear weaponprograms in Iraq was wrong and that he´s ashamed on behalf of the American people. Nice to get a confirmation on something we already knew...!
The fact that intelligence Powell relied upon for that speech ended up being suspect was on the dreaded FoxNews back in mid-2003. Perhaps you should switch to a more timely news service.

The article actually contained the following:
While Powell ultimately supported the president's decision to invade Iraq, he acknowledges that he was hesitant about waging war. "I'm always a reluctant warrior. And I don't resent the term, I admire the term, but when the president decided that it was not tolerable for this regime to remain in violation of all these U.N. resolutions, I'm right there with him with the use of force," he said.

DJC-I read and learned that I was correct asking for the link. The paraphase of MB280E was inaccurate.

God Bless George W. Bush.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:26 pm

scotch wrote:
MB280E wrote:...finally says he found it very embarrassing lying to the UN concerning Iraq and their claimed weapons of mass destruction.
No, actually he didn't say that. A more cynical person might wonder if that is why you were so slow in providing a link(that DJC actually posted).

MB280E wrote:Colin Powell admits that the report he presented to the UN as proof of nuclear weaponprograms in Iraq was wrong and that he´s ashamed on behalf of the American people. Nice to get a confirmation on something we already knew...!
The fact that intelligence Powell relied upon for that speech ended up being suspect was on the dreaded FoxNews back in mid-2003. Perhaps you should switch to a more timely news service.

The article actually contained the following:
While Powell ultimately supported the president's decision to invade Iraq, he acknowledges that he was hesitant about waging war. "I'm always a reluctant warrior. And I don't resent the term, I admire the term, but when the president decided that it was not tolerable for this regime to remain in violation of all these U.N. resolutions, I'm right there with him with the use of force," he said.

DJC-I read and learned that I was correct asking for the link. The paraphase of MB280E was inaccurate.

God HELP George W. Bush.

I agree, he needs all the help he can get...! :lol:

And you´re of course free to "read" whatever you want into the article scotch. That you refuse to accept the fact when reading the man´s own words is not a problem for me...!

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:19 pm

I'm honestly amazed that so many non-Americans find our politics and issues fascinating enough to discuss at length. Makes one wonder if there is anything going on in their world???

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:21 pm

Eagle -

You wrote:
Makes one wonder if there is anything going on in their world???

Well, yeah, we had some politicians who, like Colin Powell, felt 'terrible' about the Iraq thing.

They resigned.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:06 pm

Anyone else notice the obvious absence of Bush's Boy Geno??

Tom

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:25 pm

EagleUSA wrote:I'm honestly amazed that so many non-Americans find our politics and issues fascinating enough to discuss at length. Makes one wonder if there is anything going on in their world???

Me too Eagle. Especially considering that these non-American's spare time would be better spent getting a handle once and for all on dental and underarm hygiene! :wink: :)

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:42 pm

Pete -

You wrote:
...considering that these non-American's spare time would be better spent getting a handle once and for all on dental and underarm hygiene!

Please elucidate.................

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:49 pm

ColinB wrote:Pete -

You wrote:
...considering that these non-American's spare time would be better spent getting a handle once and for all on dental and underarm hygiene!

Colin -
I was just jokin.' And seeing as I'm straight and married I must turn down your request for a date - lucid or otherwise.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:51 pm

Pete Dube wrote:
ColinB wrote:Pete -

You wrote:

Colin -
I was just jokin.' And seeing as I'm straight and married I must turn down your request for a date - lucid or otherwise.

Pete, It's a European thing. :wink:

Tom

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:45 pm

Sincerely MB280E

Not only was your entire statement wrong I find this tidbit fascinating. Could you find the quote and post showing his admission to lying?

God what is it with you people? Are you really that blind that you begin to your posse that you build fantastic stories up in your head to match your idealology?

DJC? you provided the link so I have to assume you support what MB280E has stated above. I mean at least most of your ramblings are based on some fact...but this?

I personaly could careless if Colin Powell got put away for 50 years, so this isn't about me supporting one person or the other, he means nothing to me. But if you guys are going to start a post and then have one of our more intelligent members provide the link you would think there would be some truth to it.

If one is on the fence when it comes to choosing a political affiliation I wonder how they would come away from this thread feeling? PM me and I will let you know!

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:55 pm

EagleUSA wrote:I'm honestly amazed that so many non-Americans find our politics and issues fascinating enough to discuss at length.

If you understood the international impact of US policies abroad, then you might be less "amazed" about interest of said policies outside US borders.

DJC