Off Topic Messages

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:47 pm

ColinB wrote:Rusty -

You wrote:
There will be no tucking in tonight for Colin


Women can be so cruel sometimes, can't they ?


Hey, just be glad she said tucking!!

Tom

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:20 pm

Tom -

You wrote:
Hey, just be glad she said tucking!!


Well, yeah, but the 'tucking in' leads to a bit of touching and rubbing and pretty soon I'm not sleepy anymore !

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:36 pm

Steve_M,

No offense, but your mentally challenged. I haven't made the same mistake twice as you put it. I did not decieve. Only you have come up with this rule of quoting can only be in a specific thread. I don't have to say anything. You said it and that is all I need to get correct.

As far as personal attacks, I apologized, but I also said that there could be basis in fact. It still stands, but I did say I was sincerely sorry for pointing it out. You don't take the apology that is fine, but at least I was man enough to admit I was wrong. It isn't up to me whether you take it or not. You think I didn't mean it, then that is your problem. Only I can truly know. All you can do is take my word for it...or not. You choose the latter. Again thats a YP not a MP.

As for my "frequent" breach of the guidelines, buddy you better start with someone else. You have a problem with me, you better open your eyes and look who instigates the most..hands down.

Now how about getting back to the subject of what you have suggested. Only a fool could think that the answer is taking out specific people rather then enforcing the guidlines as they stand. The answer is to treat everyone equal not try to go through some screening based on pollitics..or whatever. Geez what are you gonna do, have a check mark stating, if you are Republican do not post on this board?

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:38 pm

genesim wrote:Steve_M,
No offense, but your mentally challenged.


Huh????

Tom

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:44 pm

genesim wrote:No offense, but your mentally challenged.


Oh, just get to the point. What exactly are you trying to say?

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:45 pm

I post a quote and he goes on for a paragraph about how much I decieved everyone because it was from a different thread?

This guy argues over the application of the word "if" or "imply". My assessment stands.

Mr. Symantac holds water as well. Anything to get away from meat of his ramblings. Why be accountable when you can try to blow up every smokescreen possible. Though it isn't mentally clever, just either A. A true assshole, or B. Signs of Rainman. I was trying to be nice.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:42 pm

genesim wrote: I was trying to be nice.


Dont....just go back to the way you were :D :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:16 pm

Genesim, yeah you're right I'm wrong.

You stay I go,

Sorted.

That's me and a pile of others who have found grounds for complaint with you - and we are all wrong and you are right.

Well, I just don't think I'm deserving enough to be in your company on here.

I can't be bothered anymore. It happens to coincide with me finding I have nothing left to contribute to this site with anyway.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:09 am

Well, I just don't think I'm deserving enough to be in your company on here.


No arguement there. :wink: If you need to take a rest, please try it. I found it exhilerating.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:59 am

genesim wrote:
Well, I just don't think I'm deserving enough to be in your company on here.


No argument there. :wink: If you need to take a rest, please try it. I found it exhilerating.


Another such rest would be welcome, Genesim.
Folks are piling on DJC here, but I'm surprised you get such a
free ride, given your hysterical outburts of late.

Besides, you rather like his political posts in a way, judging
from your constant responses. So to be fair, i would think
you would at least acknowledge
the merits of free debate. Some of that means hanging
back and not thinking it's your job to respond to everything.

As for other people, if you don't like the thread, don't respond
to it. Hell, not reading "OFF-TOPIC" is another way - and
I used it for a long time.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:57 am

If you didn't notice my thread got locked...so it is hardly "free".

So are you gonna be blind to the obvious pollitical wars started by DJC? I don't start posts and most of the time I don't even reply till I had enough slandering of the president.

As far as me taking a break, that is up to ME, not you. How about you going away for a while? What have you given to the board as of late except a bunch of pastes and no original thought. You cannot have an opinion unless it is spoonfed to you by liberaltoday.com.

Notice I gave Steve_M a suggestion. Highly different from my personal opinion toward him. Plus he brought it up first.

In regards to you, how about fighting your own battles instead of jumping into mine all the time.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:38 am

http://www.awa.dk/whisky/bushmill/

Even travelling the north coast of Ireland we could not get away from Bush :shock:

Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:59 pm

It's pretty sad that Steve of Elvis Crawler fame and all those
great edits he's brought Elvis fans is being chased away (along
with others) by you, Genesim.

Image :roll:
This isn't your personal perch.

Check out how often you post here, so much of it political. DJC
actually doesn't post here all that often. You can look it up. I clearly
don't agree with all of his positions, but at least he knows how
to debate. You drag this board down into venom and personal attacks, time and again. When he goes over the line, most of us
tell him so. He's not nearly as over-bearing as you are.

Incidentally, you dishonestly refer to me as a liberal.
Your hero, PresidentBush, (He Who Can Do No Wrong) is in
my view soft on terrorism.
I oppose most modern affirmative action policies and
question feminism and peace activists.
I called you on what I considered rather P.C. positions
on racial sensibilities that would find favor among many liberals.


More importantly, you, Genesim, should be careful about labeling people as "mentally-challenged," given what some here may think about yourself.

You owe Steve an apology. And yes, take that promised rest.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:24 pm

First of all Greg, I did apologize to Steve_M and he refused it and basically stated I was a liar. Secondly it is HE that has pesonal attacked me several times.

As for DJC being not nearly as overbearing...well of course not, because after all look at what side of the pollitical fence that you sit on. Still despite as of late, I suspect he still has a hell of alot more enemies then me. Not that I am proud of any who have felt wounded because of pollitics, but keep in mind that it wasn't I who started the pollitical debates, and if nothing else were said, I wouldn't either.

You drag this board down into venom and personal attacks, time and again.


I have had it with this. Do you want me to go pound for pound on this? Lets go with reality over LIES. Pretty much EVERY time when a thread goes sour is when after I have posted facts..you'll get some poster turning it into a "thats Bullsh*t" and going downhill fromt there. Instead of challenging my facts, it turns into a "hunt genesim" thread. And why is that, because I usually have a different opinion because most are liberals on this board. Be that as it may, I still don't make it a habit to call people names. I apologized to Steve about the "condescending fool" statement, and I stated the reason why I called him it. So what does he do..he turns around and pulls the exact same crap again, by just ignoring a response to him and making a smart ass remark and ignoring the apology and acting like a condescending fool again. I can't help but think that is on purpose, and quite frankly his "symantics" routine is also quite old. He doesn't debate, he merely tries to do anything he can to not make sense. There are those type of people in the world, but it doesn't make them any less of a waste of time.

Also, I never said explicitly that you are a liberal(though I still believe you are...even if "posing"), I said you think like one and will sway with any liberal view possible. There is a difference....a small one, I grant that..but still a difference.

Greg, I say this with all sincerity. I wouldn't mind you going the way of Jeff D(though of course he will always refuse), if you don't ever converse with me again, I can do the same for you. You still don't tell ME where to go in regards to this messageboard.
Last edited by genesim on Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:47 pm

I'm just putting it out there. You really are over-the-line lately
in your strident tone and I'm not the only one to notice. It's
not my job to tell you to leave (I don't have that power, nor do I want it, actually), but I do think you should work at being a nicer guy.
I like your Elvis commentaries and even more your relaxed policial
posts, but sometime you come on here like you'd like to strangle
someone. It's not right.

I'm serious. We come on here to relax. Not fight personal battles.

Did it ever occur to you that reasonable people can disagree?

For Steve, maybe it was just too much.

Face it, you are more likeable when you steer clear of politics. I disagree
with many here but find that you always have go ballistic.

Try relaxing when others disagree. I know you are passionate
about your beliefs -but so are we. It's a respect thing. I honestly
think you are disrespectful at times. And relentless.

I'm sure there is a "For Politics Fans" mb. You should use it. Or at
least realize that for many of us, it's Elvis first as a way to relax.
Politics is interesting, but we don't want relentless, never-say-die debates.

I have no reason to "lie" about this. I hope I am proven wrong.
I think being humble can be a virtue. I wish you no ill will.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:56 pm

Greg please re-read, I did a serious edit probably moments before your response.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:58 pm

What kills me is the fact that you are blind to others that go "ballistic".

Hmmm lets take a look at the anti-Bush statements. Gee I guess I am wrong for being angered by people basically TRASHING our president.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:24 pm

I stand by my comments and hope I am being constructive, even
when I'm also clearly peeved at you.

For the record, despite what Sean Hannity says, people
can be a blend of left and right. Don't hang labels on me. I'm
proudly liberal on most economic (but not all) issues but a mostly a conservative socially and military and defense. That used to
be the Democratic Party.

That's not DJC material.I dislike the USA's two-party straight-jacket, and consider myself an
independent. I don't share Doc's views on many issues, nor his knee-jerk
anti-Bush fervor. That's no pose - no more than you are posing as
Gene Simmons or whatever. I shouldn't even dignify your charge. I'm
taking it on your word that you are a "minority," after all.

But I confess to liking Doc's ability to stir a debate -and then step away.
His is a minority view here (especially among Americans)
so by definition is interesting, even refreshing. Bush, after all, did win
another term, so if nothing else, what's the harm in a little dissent?
If anything, it seems people forgot that we always criticize Presidents.
They're not kings. They are human beings, too. (That's why I don't like
professional Bush-haters, either.)

Hearing the dominent GOP consensus (yours) just gets tiresome. We need
gadflies - even if just to remind us of how we are right -and wrong.

I could be wrong, but you have
a knack for pissing people off with your stident, even hysterical responses.

Maybe everyone is wrong and you (again) are right.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:38 pm

But I confess to liking Doc's ability to stir a debate -and then step away.


First of all, what is so grand about that? It takes no effort..nor imagination.

But guess what, when ever I posted something in retalliation along the same lines I have been deleted in the past or locked. How the f*ck is that fair?

I could stir just as much crap with an anti-Clinton post IF allowed to stay.

Still it wouldn't be thought provoking and there is nothing to admire about it. It is cowardice and Doc is #1 when it comes to starting fights on the board. Look at my locked thread for proof of his "contributions".

I could be wrong, but you have a knack for pissing people off ..


No arguement there, for many the truth hurts. It is easy to call me "hysterical" when I am simply strong minded with my views.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:21 pm

Vintage Genesim. You're always right and always the guardian
of logic and intelligence in America. :roll:

(YAWN)

Image

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:29 pm

Notice how you choose to ignore every point I made to you. And you wonder why I get angry? You aren't interested in the truth much like your pollitics.

My facts stand, and I tried to explain it, the best way I could.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:03 pm

No actually a "boor" would not fit those parameters. You are allowed to post further, it is your choice to follow up or not.

Then again, maybe a boor fits your description alot better. I was explaining my stance and you simply wrote it off and ignored it.

Despite me not seeing any real value behind your post, I still tried to take it seriously enought to respond back to you in detail.

All you can do is edit a stupid quote....that oddly enough doesn't make sense by its own admission.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:07 pm

No, I'm just tired of the constant back and forth with you, Genesim

You've grown boring. See you on an Elvis thread.

Image

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:17 pm

How convenient to bash me left and right, but when I try to reason with you, then that won't be heard.

Like I said, why bother with the facts.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:24 pm

Well, we could go around and around on whose "facts" are better,
but let's call it a day here. I've got to get on with things - and don't
take that as a sign I couldn't keep going.

Peace out, Gene Simmons.




:wink:
-Greg
Image