Off Topic Messages

You can't have too many Bush threads!!!

Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:01 pm

Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:09 pm

Delboy

Oh, well, another pointless Bush thread.

But at least this one is funny.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:50 pm

Is that your garden Delboy?.. I see you have a Gunnera :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:51 pm

And here is me hoping it were some sexy photo's of Kate Bush..... :roll:

Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:12 pm

Luuk -

You wrote:
And here is me hoping it were some sexy photo's of Kate Bush.....

I was hoping for pics of Kate Bush's bush !

Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:03 pm

ColinB wrote:Luuk -

You wrote:

:oops: COLIN!!!!!!!!!!....... :wink:

Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:32 pm

No Kate Bush´s pic????

Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:42 pm

I have a rare pic of George Bush Snr taking a pic of George Bush Jnr playing with Kate Bush's bush in the bushes!! I'll try and dig it out :D

Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:49 pm

DEL loon(touch o dylan there).

You like the spin off that was on the beeb?friday night past?

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLEANE.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:01 pm

Missed it Kev! Was it any good?

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:29 pm

A1...DEL.

You mist it,because you were on here at the time...just as well you were,as when i saw DEL...VIDEO/RECORD = LOVELY JUB.

:oops: :P

Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:48 pm

It wasn't a Bush thread....it was ANTI-Bush. I don't have anything against Bush threads at all. The more Bush the better. :P The world needs Bush appreciated everywhere. Long live Bush.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:51 pm

Geno,

I think it's safe to say that the majority of the members of this board appreciate a bit of bush! :wink:

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:00 pm

I don't know about that...the Doc sure seems to hate it. :lol:

You know we all have different persuasions, but at the same time there is a thread that binds us all. That is the love of E.

I would much rather have the peace and the ignorance of not knowing the views, over the off topic as of late. I would shut my "yap" the moment that the anti-Bush threads would die.

Though debates are fun, for some reason religion and pollitics bring out the very worst in people.

While people a being reunited with their families, I sense that public attitudes are going to change. It is time for us to look forward to the coming years, and not down. Katrina was a huge eye opener for many of us. It showed us how ill prepared we are. To take finger pointing out of the scenario(and there are enough ways for the blame to be shared), it is something that needs to be worked on.

I think the country can come together, not be ripped apart. The war will end soon, I do believe that, and we will get through this. The "legacy" isn't as important to me as to just simply surviving these times. I am torn, while I am scared for the future, I am also proud to have gone through this. I can only send prayers out to those that have lost.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:25 pm

Amen to that Geno! Nice post! 8)

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:45 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:

You wrote:

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa Colin! You got in trouble, you got in trouble!!

Tom

Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:35 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
Rusty Martin* wrote:

You wrote:

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa Colin! You got in trouble, you got in trouble!!

Tom

There will be no tucking in tonight for Colin :oops: :wink:

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:57 pm

Steve_M wrote:It would appear that it is not posts / threads on politics that can ruin a message board but some people that unfortunately participate in them.

The guidelines may need to be ammended to take this into account.

This kind of thinking absolutely makes me shudder. Can it be any more blatant???

Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:17 am

genesim wrote:
Steve_M wrote:It would appear that it is not posts / threads on politics that can ruin a message board but some people that unfortunately participate in them.

The guidelines may need to be ammended to take this into account.

This kind of thinking absolutely makes me shudder. Can it be any more blatant???

Could you really be trying to deceive people into thinking I may have posted that in this thread ?

I thought I was merely stating the obvious anyway. do you not think this is true Geno ? Surely it is what people post not what the subject title is.

Re: You can't have too many Bush threads!!!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 am

Delboy wrote:Image

lol now that cracked me up!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:45 am

No deception at all. You did post that crap, and it is obvious that you believe in it.

So is it not true...well it depends upon the way you look at it. Though certain adhered to rules are more defining as opposed to eliminating people because some half assed panel decides to jetison people that don't follow their pollitics.

Do you seriously think that it is the answer? Take out people as opposed to enforcing the laws?

Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:16 am

Rusty -

You wrote:
There will be no tucking in tonight for Colin

Women can be so cruel sometimes, can't they ?

Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:24 am

genesim wrote:No deception at all. You did post that crap, and it is obvious that you believe in it.

So is it not true...well it depends upon the way you look at it. Though certain adhered to rules are more defining as opposed to eliminating people because some half assed panel decides to jetison people that don't follow their pollitics.

Do you seriously think that it is the answer? Take out people as opposed to enforcing the laws?

I know what I posted. I said:
Could you really be trying to deceive people into thinking I may have posted that in this thread ?

You claim no deception because I posted it ? What in this thread (as originally asked) ?????

I don't believe I did any such thing at all.

I have no objections to your politics or whatever it is that turns you on. I do object to your frequent breach of the guidelines.
Why do you believe you are above having to comply ? Or is it some kind of child mentality of "well such and such does it so why can't I" ? I hope not at any rate.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:13 am

When did I ever claim that you said anything in THIS THREAD???

I posted a quote. Not ever saying that it came from this thread alone. NO DECEPTION. You have a nice habit of implying things that were never said. Meanwhile you did indeed post what I quoted. How about explaining, instead of going on your usual symantac approach.

As far as me breaching the guidelines. I have tried to treat everyone with respect and have even apologized for my actions that would be a close call. Though I can admit being in error from time to time..considering the rules as of late, I would hardly call myself in violation.

Last I remember it wasn't me that had constantly been posting the pollitical threads. I merely responded. There is a huge difference between the two.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:01 am

You implied it.

I never said that you did say it was in this thread - I asked you. You didn't answer that question, you answered another question I never asked.

If it was in this thread then there's no need to say, people expect a quote from another member in a thread to be from that thread.

If it is not then you would need to say otherwise the implication is there that it was from this thread.

Posting responses to threads and not the threads themselves has nothing to do with the breaches of the guidelines either.
I'm talking about the personal attacks primarily.

Apologising doesn't make it alright either. You may be sorry you may not but that doesn't undo what you've done and if you were genuinely sorry you wouldn't make the same mistake again having learnt from the first time - or maybe you would and therefore the apology is just false and a weak excuse to just carry on breaching the guidelines.