Off Topic Messages

Kate Bush is Back!

Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:26 pm

This is great news for millions of Kate Bush fans. We have waited 12 years! Kate is an astonishing artist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 204166.stm

Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:43 pm

is there any truth to the rumor back in the 1980s,
that a mix-up at the CD manufacturer put Beatles cds in Kate Bush jewelcases?

I remember hearing a story like that.

People buying her new cd discovered a beatles disc inside

Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:04 pm

Graceland Gardener, I did a search.

From a Kate Bush website (gaffaweb) by Hugh Maher.

"Ok, so here's the big news: The latest copy of Billboard has a big story on page 24 about a recent Capitol mixup between "A Hard Days Night" CD of the Beatles, which they mistakenly packaged in cardboard boxes of "The Whole Story". (I don't know if the CD label itself said "Beatles" or "KB"). Anyway, one of these mispackaged discs were returned to Tower records in Berkeley (not by me, unfortunately) by a KB fan complaining that "the wrong music was on the CD" - god, I thought Kate fans were supposed to either like the Beatles or have an IQ over 5...

Capitol, of course, came and got the CD back from an equally thick store employee who willingly gave it up. Still, there are apparantly many more copies floating around, so keep your eyes out! Perhaps this will recuscitate the flagging chart life of "The Whole Story".

News to me:-) I did not know that story.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:56 pm

I'm looking forward to this album! In my view it's 12 years wasted! Kate Bush is a great talent!

Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:32 pm

Maurice,

As I recall, from hearing this on the radio one day back in '87(?),
the big stink about the mix-up was that A Hard Day's Night (thanx for reminding me of the title) CD was NOT YET slated for release.

The Beatles cds were coming out in chrono order. With AHDN being their 4th or 5th album, it wasn't time to hit the streets - but accidentally did in Kate's Bush.

Oops.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:58 pm

Graceland Gardener. You dare. In MY Kate Bush! Image :shock:

I remember a duel back in 1964 when "A Hard Days Night" and "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison was played consecutively all night on a pub jukebox!

Such a night:-)

Looking forard to seeing Kate chart again...what a superb voice. An aquired taste, as many found out in time. Including my son who even called by telephone to give me the news:-)

I was an instant convert on hearing "It's me, your Cathy..... Iv'e come home now..."

Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:16 pm

Finally, a Bush I can support.

Tom

Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:46 pm

Maurice -

I've always had a soft spot for Kate & her work !

This new 2-CD set will be worth a listen !

Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:54 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Graceland Gardener. You dare. In MY Kate Bush! Image :shock:

I remember a duel back in 1964 when "A Hard Days Night" and "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison was played consecutively all night on a pub jukebox!

Such a night:-)

Looking forard to seeing Kate chart again...what a superb voice. An aquired taste, as many found out in time. Including my son who even called by telephone to give me the news:-)

I was an instant convert on hearing "It's me, your Cathy..... Iv'e come home now..."

And you guys wonder why I spent so much time in Great-Britain? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:58 pm

ColinB wrote:Maurice -

I've always had a soft spot for Kate & her work !

This new 2-CD set will be worth a listen !

A soft spot...my eye:-)

We have been away on a short trip to the North of Ireland our first visit to the Giant's Causeway. Sunday afternoon and the fantastic Marble Arch caves in Fermanagh this afternoon...we burnt up three tanks of petrol/gas!

http://www.ballycastle.free-online.co.u ... useway.htm

Kate Bush is of Irish decent and she often comes to Ireland. Sometimes to record with other well known Irish musicians. An Enya/Bush duet would be quite something if we could get those beautiful ladies to perform together :shock:

Did you have any Luck Luuk? :oops:

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:00 pm

This deserves a little exploration considering Kate is in the News.

http://gaffa.org/reaching/i80_st.html Her music background is Amazing:-)

Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:54 pm

I wanna see a pan down of the shot..I like to think of her in nothing else. :lol: Love a women that lounges in the customary dreaded work attire. Females sure make that work fun!